Lucas Paqueta

TsuWave

20 years old, (attacking) midfielder that plays for Flamengo. incredible technique and seems pretty creative. looks a talent

edit - since videos have since died:

Last edited:

buckooo1978

looks a talent for sure - love a player who can play left or right and beat a man

wonder what our scouting is like these days in South America

we could perhaps do well with a buy and leave to develop option

Last edited:

TsuWave

Real seems to have moved to that type of deal (vinicius jr), and yeah, I'd like to see us cultivating south america more. We are well due a "magician" type of player

King Andow

Overrated, United should scout Pedro, striker from Fluminense who just got called up too.

Bestietom

We need a couple of players who can carry the ball and get the excitement back into our ground.

Fosu-Mens

We need a couple of players who can carry the ball and get the excitement back into our ground.
Martial, Pogba, Sanchez, Rashford? We already have those players. Not arguing that Lucas P wouldn't be an improvement as a RW compared to Mata, but most of our players would be an improvement compared to the spanish Hobbit.

Bestietom

Martial, Pogba, Sanchez, Rashford? We already have those players. Not arguing that Lucas P wouldn't be an improvement as a RW compared to Mata, but most of our players would be an improvement compared to the spanish Hobbit.
Martial and Rashford are only bit players now, and Sanchez keeps losing the ball. So nah, these are not the players I am talking about. I would like to see someone who has close control and a bit of magic about them. Get the crowd on their feet. Pogba is a great player but he needs help.

Aloysius's Back 3

Not seen him but from his videos he looks like a player that could be quite interesting in the centre of midfield if he toned down his game to a match winning tempo.

jesperjaap

looks a talent for sure - love a player who can play left or right and beat a man

wonder what our scouting is like these days in South America

Looks talented, I cant help watching some of his tricks and being reminded of that Brazilian years ago though doing his seal running with the ball on his head.

Sure Paqueta got linked heavily for all of about 3 days with a premiership side Liverpool or Spurs I think.

jesperjaap

Overrated, United should scout Pedro, striker from Fluminense who just got called up too.
The player really really stood out for me in youth tournament a couple of years ago was Guimaraes, outshone Viniscus and Lincoln for me by a stretch. Saw he signed a new contract with Palmeires recently. Was strongly linked with Madrid, us and Arsenal a year or so ago but not seen anything of him since. Any Brazilian football fans any updates on his progress? Just from the games I watched there I saw enough to be convinced he is a really special player.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
More like Lucas Paquete, innit. Not a very encouraging name :lol:

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I am surprised there is not much hype around him. United should definitely be interested, but definitely not with Mourinho in charge. Under Zidane, this kid could become a star at United.

Complimentary YouTube video

Alabaster Codify7

probably another youngster we will sleep on
If we're replacing Jose, we need this type of signing - young, vibrant, ready to kick on and make an impact under a hopefully attack-minded, progressive manager.

We won't though - we'll get Ancellotti in and spend £60million on someone like Matuidi.

Zlatattack

Buy him.

Mourinho will turn him shit.

But so and so is better.

/thread.

(apologies for coming across as a dick).

Bestietom

Now this young man looks a player. Would love to see him here, but under a new manager.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I am surprised there is not much hype around him. United should definitely be interested, but definitely not with Mourinho in charge. Under Zidane, this kid could become a star at United.

Complimentary YouTube video

0:34 in that video. Just nuts how he pulled that off:lol:

the_irish123

He’s Milan bound. Leonardo is great at getting these players, like he stole Lucas from us.

Charles Miller

21? Does that make him a Brazilian "wondermiddleagedman"?
Not in the case of midfielders and CBs. Barcelona signed Arthur when he was 22, for example.

Anyway, i watched majority of Lucas Paqueta games for Flamengo. He is very talented and is strong too. But he is not the profile we should be looking for. He is not a controler, he loves to hold the ball and try fancy dribbles in dangerous areas when he should just pass it to some teammate.

I dont think they know what is his best position too. Sometimes he is a winger, then a 9, but majority of games he is playing as modfielder. He is not 100% a winger. We should sign a right winger, not another midfielder imo.

the_irish123

Not in the case of midfielders and CBs. Barcelona signed Arthur when he was 22, for example.

Anyway, i watched majority of Lucas Paqueta games for Flamengo. He is very talented and is strong too. But he is not the profile we should be looking for. He is not a controler, he loves to hold the ball and try fancy dribbles in dangerous areas when he should just pass it to some teammate.

I dont think they know what is his best position too. Sometimes he is a winger, then a 9, but majority of games he is playing as modfielder. He is not 100% a winger. We should sign a right winger, not another midfielder imo.
If people are annoyed at Pogba juggling the ball, they will fume at Paqueta lol

Charles Miller

If people are annoyed at Pogba juggling the ball, they will fume at Paqueta lol
Exactly. He was not like that in his first months, you know. But since he becomed the focus of attentions he seems to be always trying to show some Ronaldinho stuff. Everytime he just play his game he is excellent. Probably will he good in few years.

Flanders Devil

Impressive video in terms of skill, if he could improve his nutmeg-to-goal ratio he’d be some player! :lol:

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool fans have reacted gleefully - if not entirely prematurely - following claims the agent of one of Brazil's hottest properties was spotted on Merseyside.
Italy-based journalist Andersinho Marques, who also covers happenings in both Brazil and Portugal, tweeted on Friday night that the agent of Lucas Paqueta, the 21-year-old Flamengo playmaker, was on Merseyside.
Paqueta is considered one of the brightest prospects within the Brazilian game and has already been handed his first senior cap by national team coach Tite.
Liverpool have been tentatively linked with a move for the youngster, alongside a whole host of Europe's top clubs.
Those reports were met with excitement by Reds supporters after glimpses of him on YouTube, and that has only intensified after Marques' claim.

"The agent of Paqueta is in Liverpool, not Italy," he tweeted after claims the player was closing in on a move to AC Milan.
The tweet from Italian-based journalist Andersinho Marques

Taken from the Echo today.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
With the positions he's deciding to dribble in in some of those videos he'd very quickly get the Pogba treatment here.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
it's always refreshing to see a player with some street football skills but to pull out these skills in some of the world class leagues in Europe on regular basis is almost impossible neither effective. I don't see much of end product either from him

the_irish123

Official, signed with AC Milan.

Transfer fees still undisclosed, but are around the 25 to 30 range.