Lucas Paqueta

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
Hasn’t he been average for West Ham?
Started the season abit meh, but as the season has gone he has adjusted to the pace and has improved further and further.

Whether or not he is a player worth something like 100m I'm not sure, but he is class.

The other thing to note is he can play both as a 10 and an 8 very comfortably, so he is very versatile and not only has skill but can also do the defensive stuff, which for a player like that is pretty unusual. Also he is a Brazilian international as well. Knowing Pep likes to adjust things frequently, I can see why he would be very tempted by him.

If they are bidding 80-100m, then I'd personally think that becomes too good to refuse, however I think the board really do want to keep him knowing he won't down tools in a world cup year, even if he wants to.

Another 80m in the kitty also transforms West Ham transfer targets for our secondary positions of need as well...

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Am I supposed to believe West Ham had a 200million pound midfield last season then?

Judas

Open to offers
Absolutely obscene price. He won’t even be first choice the season after next, and they’ll be looking to replace him with another massively overpriced player next summer most likely.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Okay I'm sorry Brighton, we should have coughed up the 100M for Caicedo a long time ago.

Jeffthered

Pep is showing his fragility here. He's a little worried as he squad enters a transitional phase... if, if he loses B Silva and Kyle Walker, they have had it as far as I'm concerned. Not the team they were, this showed last season. Foden is the key this season.

This Paqueta is decent, but no £80m player, no way.

bstb3

Anyone that argues state run clubs aren't distorting the playing field need to be looking at this kind of thing. It's utter utter nonsense, hugely inflationary for the market. Mind boggling how we struggle to sell some of out players, when you look at these crazy fees and the ones from Saudi too. I don't know how football gets the cat back in the box here, but it really needs to.

It's too tin foil hat to suggest this doesn't pass the smell test, but if WHU don't reinvest this questions probably need to be asked because this fee simply doesn't make sense.

RedorDead21

Pep is showing his fragility here. He's a little worried as he squad enters a transitional phase... if, if he loses B Silva and Kyle Walker, they have had it as far as I'm concerned. Not the team they were, this showed last season. Foden is the key this season.

This Paqueta is decent, but no £80m player, no way.
It’s Pep..I’m sure he has a plan and I’m sure he’ll help them look class more often than not.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
It seems Lyon is getting 10% of anything over 62M€

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
David Moyes was coaching a 200 mil midfield, who knew?

Litch

Pep is trying to feck up the prem matrix transfer fees....

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
A paqueta rice for £200m? Not for me John.

CloneMC16

West Ham almost got relegated with a midfield that is supposedly worth over £200m :)

Unless I massively underrate him, i dont see how he's worth anything near to what City are willing to pay.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Great player, worth the fee (as opposed to Declan Rice)

TsuWave

Pep likes press resistant players so I’m not surprised by this

Blood Mage

Mental from City. Makes me think they're deliberately trying to inflate the market and make it harder for everyone else.

Pronewbie

Peep
Anyone that argues state run clubs aren't distorting the playing field need to be looking at this kind of thing. It's utter utter nonsense, hugely inflationary for the market. Mind boggling how we struggle to sell some of out players, when you look at these crazy fees and the ones from Saudi too. I don't know how football gets the cat back in the box here, but it really needs to.

It's too tin foil hat to suggest this doesn't pass the smell test, but if WHU don't reinvest this questions probably need to be asked because this fee simply doesn't make sense.
Where were you when financier Boehly was at it last season? We're in a financial asset bubble because of the current system. These are just the symptoms. Got to be sharper than the programming.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

What about 95m for Antony? 106m for Enzo?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Am I supposed to believe West Ham had a 200million pound midfield last season then?
Price doesn't determine the level of quality anymore. It is how the market is and will be from now on.