Lucas Paqueta

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not sure I believe this. There's been flashes of his quality at WH but it took a while. Though I suppose that's almost to be expected coming to the PL. If Pep thinks he can turn those flashed of brilliance into more regular occurrences that have a bigger influence on games, then it suddenly could be a great move for them. The jury is still out for me on whether he can take his game up a level or two, but he does have the talent to do so.

bstb3

Where were you when financier Boehly was at it last season? We're in a financial asset bubble because of the current system. These are just the symptoms. Got to be sharper than the programming.
Somewhere else, saying something quite similar I imagine :)
What about 95m for Antony? 106m for Enzo?
Yep, those are bad too. There are probably some other whatabouts you can find. However they don't change the fact there is cause and effect here. The market has become massively inflated, and I believe that's largely due to state funding (and a few very wealthy financiers true) injecting money with little regard. That's cause. The effect is, as ETH mentioned, other clubs need then to keep investing to compete, laying down stupid money to keep up. Luckily we are one of the few clubs who can organically do that, but even we are on the limit.

Football has to get this back under control. Still, this is a bit off topic for the Paqueta thread, so I'll leave it that other than to say I bet WHU can't believe their luck that this summer they won the lottery. Too bad for the teams that didn't I guess.

Tarrou

What the feck is happening? 85M rejected for him? According to reports West Ham wants 110M and City is willing to go up to 100M.

I mean he's good but he's 50M good these prices are madness.
West Ham paid that for him a year ago

I doubt they're gonna let him go for less than 80/90, maybe even more.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Pep likes press resistant players so I’m not surprised by this

Comp makes him look like Prime Zidane ffs. I bet I could make a McTominay comp that would make him look like a Roy Keane regen.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ok while I can see Rice, Bellingham, Caicedo, Enzo, Tchouameni all being guys who you just spend what is needed to get, I don't get this one at all. Think he's incredibly average.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Watched some footages of his and flipped through his stats, think he is quite good in tackling, defending, ariel duels, dribbling and progressive pass. He is also at 25 and is a Brazil international. Well that's all got here, guess he is Pep type of midfielder, but yeh the price is really high.

criticalanalysis

Just got booked for dissent according to BBC :lol: What were the odds today? FFS, should have put one on.

36 mins
YELLOW CARD
West Ham 1-1 Chelsea
Moments after West Ham midfielder Lucas Paqueta is booked for dissent, Chelsea defender Axel Disasi is shown a yellow card for a foul.

Post update
West Ham 1-1 Chelsea
Alex Howell
Football reporter at the London Stadium
Lucas Paqueta just stopped playing there and Sterling took the ball from him and Chelsea win a corner. He's then booked for his appeal to the official. David Moyes will not be happy if they concede from this.

pocco

loco
Not sure I believe this. There's been flashes of his quality at WH but it took a while. Though I suppose that's almost to be expected coming to the PL. If Pep thinks he can turn those flashed of brilliance into more regular occurrences that have a bigger influence on games, then it suddenly could be a great move for them. The jury is still out for me on whether he can take his game up a level or two, but he does have the talent to do so.
Pep was right, and he's took that step up anyway by the looks of it. He's been very good this season for West Ham and is looking exactly the type of player I thought we needed instead of Mount. I hope we're watching closely. Also got a standing ovation from the scousers today apparently.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Pep was right, and he's took that step up anyway by the looks of it. He's been very good this season for West Ham and is looking exactly the type of player I thought we needed instead of Mount. I hope we're watching closely. Also got a standing ovation from the scousers today apparently.
Yeah he was excellent. Great close control, eye for a pass and ridiculously press-resistant. Exactly the type of midfielder we needed next to Casemiro. I’d even say he’s miles better on the ball than anything we have, not only in midfield.

pocco

loco
Yeah he was excellent. Great close control, eye for a pass and ridiculously press-resistant. Exactly the type of midfielder we needed next to Casemiro. I’d even say he’s miles better on the ball than anything we have, not only in midfield.
I'm hoping City have filled his position with signing Nunes, but they'll be back in for him if he keeps this up. Along with probably most big clubs. I could make a case for him being a good fit for every top team in the PL. See if he can keep it up, but he's the most exciting midfielder I've seen in a long while.

Conor

Yeah, let's sign a match fixer to go with all the domestic abusers!