Lucas Silva

FujiVice

I dont think Ed Woodward has ever actually shagged a woman. I imagine he just goes up to a load of fit women and puts his tongue in his cheek, while winking in their direction in a very off putting and creepy manner. Then he'll end up bringing home a girl who looks like Rojo.

RooneyLegend

No thanks, we have pearson coming through. Buy a ready made star so that he can move on when Ben is ready.

Kostur

海尔的老板
His agent claims that it's us and Inter who are in for him.

I say get him. Haven't seen him for shit obviously but we need a CDM and it's not looking all too bright for us at the moment in that department.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
His agent claims that it's us and Inter who are in for him.

I say get him. Haven't seen him for shit obviously but we need a CDM and it's not looking all too bright for us at the moment in that department.

Brophs

The One and Only
People who've watched him play more than the couple of YouTube vids I've seen seem to think he has loads of potential. Could be a decent move.

prateik

How are we (or anyone else) going to get a work permit so late in the transfer window?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I truly think we're in for him and not Di Maria.Need to address what we need the most first.
I think we're in for Di Maria and another more experienced midfielder. If we can't get the more experienced midfielder in, then we will turn our attention to Silva..

mufcwarm92

A defensively solid midfielder who can play a pass? I forgot those existed. I can't say I've ever seen him play but Tim Vickery seems to think he's god's gift.

FromTheBench

Tim Vickery is confusing me now.

He's so great and such a talent yet nowhere near ready for our midfield ? He's not really 18 either, but 21 going on 22 now. Odd.

AR87

Sounds like Vickery's just hedging his bets if we were to sign him. If he's a flop he can say "well I didn't think he was quite ready for this level so it's not surprising" and if he's a success he can say "well I wasn't sure if he was ready for this level, but I always knew he had the talent to succeed".

Devil may care

I'm suprised so many thought this lad was an immediate answer, to me he's likely seen as a huge prospect in the type of holding role that we lack, so if we buy him it wont have any affect on our current CM situation as he'd likely need development time and maybe even a loan.

AR87

I'm suprised so many thought this lad was an immediate answer, to me he's likely seen as a huge prospect in the type of holding role that we lack, so if we buy him it wont have any affect on our current CM situation as he'd likely need development time and maybe even a loan.
He's not going to be the solution right now, but he also shouldn't be miles away from being a contributor. I'd expect him at his age to be able to step in against teams in the lower half of the table and perform admirably without being a huge risk.

m1y2

YES and if he is as talented as Oscar for instance he could make his way into first team quite quickly and play straight away in decent amount of matches. Even if we signed him we would needed another player for sure.

Shark

@NotShark
Isn't that what was said about a 19 year old Paul Pogba who some thought we harmlessly shipped off to Juventus? Age isn't everything.

Devil may care

He's not going to be the solution right now, but he also shouldn't be miles away from being a contributor. I'd expect him at his age to be able to step in against teams in the lower half of the table and perform admirably without being a huge risk.
Maybe but he has to get acclimatised to the country and to the very different pace of the league, as we have seen many times that can be difficult for a young player who has never lived outside of their country.

YES and if he is as talented as Oscar for instance he could make his way into first team quite quickly and play straight away in decent amount of matches. Even if we signed him we would needed another player for sure.
Oscar is a fair example I admit, if he can do the same he'd be another exception rather than the norm if we are lucky.

Isn't that what was said about a 19 year old Paul Pogba who some thought we harmlessly shipped off to Juventus? Age isn't everything.
Pogba had been here for 3 years at that point though and physically he is a beast which was a huge benefit when stepping up.

AR87

Maybe but he has to get acclimatised to the country and to the very different pace of the league, as we have seen many times that can be difficult for a young player who has never lived outside of their country.
Obviously that's the inherent risk, but there is a risk with any transfer. I'm saying that if the club bid for him, he accepts and moves here to be a part of the first team that would be my baseline expectation for him this year. A player that can provide cover against the less imposing teams in the PL and at 21 I don't think that's asking for too much.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
I'm giving it a watch, probably won't watch it all though.

Bojan11

Or he could be like Oscar.

Nobody is expecting him to solve our problems.

Jagga7

I'm watching it on Bet365 in English. Put some money on them to to make a little more interesting :D