Luis Diaz

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
It’s just a myth that Liverpool haven’t got a strong squad. You are still in 4 competitions. If Liverpool don’t win any silverware, there will be no hiding place for Klopp this season!
Hiding from who?:lol: It’s safe to say he’s safe. I’d be more worried about you hiding from Spurs,West Ham and Arsenal.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It’s just a myth that Liverpool haven’t got a strong squad. You are still in 4 competitions. If Liverpool don’t win any silverware, there will be no hiding place for Klopp this season!
Hide from who? He has the safest job in football, that is what happens when you win a CL and league despite having to compete with sportswashers and far richer teams.

Just as well he is at Liverpool, as things would be far duller in the PL without him.

Maybe turn your energy to why other teams don’t win enough, when you have the likes of Man City cheating their way with dodgy sponsorships and an open cheque-book, it makes it a lot harder for other teams who work the right way.

Tell you who doesn’t have excuses or a hiding place though - teams like Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs, it’s they who need to get their acts together, all spend heavily yet are nowhere near competitive enough.

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
There will riots if FSG even think about sacking Klopp.
He has all the time he needs. He has earned it.

We were oscillating in midtable mediocrity, when he came in and now we are a top side, and more importantly continue to evolve.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Who gets dropped or is he a backup?
I think Mane is in trouble. He’s had a mixed last 18 months and only has 1 goal/assist in his previous before leaving for AFCON.

I also expect Firmino to go in the summer. We’ve moved on from relying on playing a false 9 now.

Diaz is an exciting signing. One I hope Klopp can impact in a similar way to what he’s done with Salah, Mane and Jota.

Josh 76

a solid bit of planning for a post Mane ans Salah era
There will never be another Salah, like there will never be another Ronaldo or another Henry. These players are one offs.

No matter who Liverpool sign to replace Salah, they will be drop down a level, like UTD and Arsenal did.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
You sound like a Leicester fan!
Why, because I'm backing the best manager we've had since 1990? There are no guarantees in football, especially when you have City buying trophies for fun. We're challenging on all front and if we fall short, it won't be for a lack of trying. I'd rather be challenging and win nothing, than not challenge in the first place. 97 points wasn't enough 3 years ago, but not lifting the league trophy didn't mean it was a bad season.
Just typed all that and realised you're probably trolling so I'll leave it there.

mu4c_20le

Why, because I'm backing the best manager we've had since 1990? There are no guarantees in football, especially when you have City buying trophies for fun. We're challenging on all front and if we fall short, it won't be for a lack of trying. I'd rather be challenging and win nothing, than not challenge in the first place. 97 points wasn't enough 3 years ago, but not lifting the league trophy didn't mean it was a bad season.
Just typed all that and realised you're probably trolling so I'll leave it there.
Of course it's an envious position to be in. But when you think about it, for all the talk about best team in the world, you only won one league title, and Klopp isn't going to hang around forever, he is known to get burned out. You can't always say next year.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We could finish 3rd and win nothing and he’d still have FSG’s backing, as well as that of most of the fan base.

We should be winning something this season but Klopp’s job isn’t under threat if he doesn’t.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Do they? They were beaten 5-1 by Liverpool on their home patch this season and in the return leg beaten 2-0 by a reserve Liverpool side with Milner, Chamberlain and Morton in midfield. They’d get nowhere near top 4 if they were in the Premier League. That doesn’t mean a player can’t come from the Portuguese league and be brilliant but it does mean that you have to view performances in the Portuguese league with some degree of scepticism.
If Porto Benfica or Sporting were in the EPL and had EPL money they 120% would be very near the top 4 and fighting for it. Oil money aside.

SportingCP96

Supports
Many of you clearly have not seen him play. The bastard is bloody brilliant and I am glad he’s gone as a Sporting fan.

Bags of pace, trickery, good at taking on his man, had a good shot on him and an eye for goal. He has everything Klopp wants as a winger. In Liverpools fast paced style of play he will fit in like a glove.

Watch his performances in the Copa America as well.

Some of you dismiss a player at 25 as if he is old. 45M is a bargain for this lad.

I am saying this as a rival player….

SportingCP96

Supports
I like this paragraph 'I like him better than Grealish - he's better than Grealish - he's equal to Grealish' all in one fell swoop. The algorithm needs a bit of tweaking.
You have to keep in mind English players are very over hyped and demand huge fees because of it. I have no doubt Diaz will do better then Grealish for half the price.

SportingCP96

Supports
25 year old playing in the Portuguese league. Don't care how good hes been playing, he won't know what's hit him when he gets to the PL. Totally different type of football. Strange signing by Klopp. All his hit signings have all come from PL teams or have played in PL. The ones he signs from abroad are not very successful or take time to settle.
Ah yes the big bad EPL where Bruno joined and had the same output as the poor shite Portuguese league.

Ahh man Diaz is in trouble just like Nani , Ronaldo , Matic, David Luiz, Ricardo Carvalho, Rúben Dias, João Cancelo, Rúben Neves, Jimenez, Moutinho (as and old man) and many more.

LuckyScout78

So the rumor that he was heavily link to Liverpool, many days before Conte and Spurs were linked. On Sky sports was true. In many occasions and rumor I think Sky Sport is really believable.

For me right now. Luis Diaz will not strength Liverpool XI really much. He will be like painting a black color on a black sheet. But in 3-5 when Mane retired or drop in quality. Gone or the black fade away. Start with a white sheet or grey. Then we will see the big difference and his impact.

Luis Diaz is a more dribbler . Compare to Mane super pace, direct and determination finish. You get to be really good. If you take the LW spot from Mane. But it’s no doubt about Luis Diaz qualities and abilities. Luis Ruiz is a really good left winger for sure.
Liverpool have area good passing and combination football. And you might see passes all from Trent to left winger. Or Henderson trough passes to Diaz. Liverpool will lift and suit. Liverpool and City make new arriving more easily to adapt. Because of they really good and consistent attacking football. Those two teams always create many big chances. Some of the reasons are because they started and play with 5-6 footie ball skill players.

Yeah. Luis Diaz is 4.5 out of 5 max player. But again Liverpool collective ball playing and build up. Diaz is not coming to a team that are struggling. But to a dominant football team. Sad but true. True facts.

Classical Mechanic

If Porto Benfica or Sporting were in the EPL and had EPL money they 120% would be very near the top 4 and fighting for it. Oil money aside.
I don't think this is a valid argument. You hear people make the same arguments about Rangers and Celtic. Nottingham Forest are in The Championship and have been for a long time, they have won two European Cups which is the same as any Portuguese side. If the top Portuguese sides were to join the PL today then they'd need to win the ownership lottery to become an elite side. Same situation as Newcastle, Notts Forest, Villa, Wycombe Wanderers or any other club.

Last edited:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
For me right now. Luis Diaz will not strength Liverpool XI really much. He will be like painting a black color on a black sheet. But in 3-5 when Mane retired or drop in quality. Gone or the black fade away. Start with a white sheet or grey. Then we will see the big difference and his impact.

SportingCP96

Supports
I don't think this is a valid argument. You hear people make the same arguments about Rangers and Celtic. Nottingham Forest are in The Championship and have been for a long time, they have won two European Cups which is the same as any Portuguese side. If the top Portuguese sides were to join the PL today then they'd need to win the ownership lottery to become an elite side. Same situation as Newcastle, Notts Forest, Villa, Wycombe Wanderers or any other club.
Not at all. The big 3 have a much bigger following then Nottingham as well as much bigger history.

Mid table EPL clubs have triple the revenue any of the big 3 have yet all of Porto, Benfica, and Sporting would run rings around them.

Give the big 3 the money EPL has and they are all top 6 clubs fighting for a top 4 spot.

Portuguese clubs have knocked out and eliminated the biggest clubs in Europe on a consistent basis. Not one mid table epl club would make it to the R16 of the CL

Classical Mechanic

Not at all. The big 3 have a much bigger following then Nottingham as well as much bigger history.

Mid table EPL clubs have triple the revenue any of the big 3 have yet all of Porto, Benfica, and Sporting would run rings around them.

Give the big 3 the money EPL has and they are all top 6 clubs fighting for a top 4 spot.

Portuguese clubs have knocked out and eliminated the biggest clubs in Europe on a consistent basis. Not one mid table epl club would make it to the R16 of the CL
And why would this mean that they'd be able to buy better players than a Saudi owned Newcastle in the PL?

In 2014 United finished 7th in the PL and reached the last 8 in the CL. In 2016 Chelsea finished 10th in the PL and made the R16 in the CL.

SportingCP96

Supports
And why would this mean that they'd be able to buy better players than a Saudi owned Newcastle in the PL?

In 2014 United finished 7th in the PL and reached the last 8 in the CL. In 2016 Chelsea finished 10th in the PL and made the R16 in the CL.
In my post I clearly said pre oil money.

if you want to talk about the oil lottery their would be no bigger teams to purchase and fund money into then the big 3 of Portugal if they were in the EPL with all their history and infrastructure.

Your attempt to belittle the big 3 of Portugal who have bigger history then most clubs in England is ignorant. They are all top sides.

Classical Mechanic

In my post I clearly said pre oil money.

if you want to talk about the oil lottery their would be no bigger teams to purchase and fund money into then the big 3 of Portugal if they were in the EPL with all their history and infrastructure.

Your attempt to belittle the big 3 of Portugal who have bigger history then most clubs in England is ignorant. They are all top sides.
You're making a completely meaningless argument. I said that the Portuguese top sides at this moment would be mid-table in the PL right now and I stand by that. Imagined progress of Portuguese sides in the PL under specific conditions devoid from the reality of the PL today does nothing to disprove that argument. If you want to say that Porto today are better than Manchester United then fair enough but I disagree with that.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
While I agree with some points and think @SportingCP96 is overreacting here in no way the top 3 clubs in Portugal with EPL money and the academies and type of players they produce they would be in the same situation as those clubs. With that said that's a situation of what else or what if that simply doesn't apply to this situation, because the same thing would have to be compared with Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, Anderlecht, and even French clubs.

SATA

An early Salah replacement for the summer if i’m being sceptical. He apparently wants 300k a week and probably wouldn’t get it, or is he?

SportingCP96

Supports
While I agree with some points and think @SportingCP96 is overreacting here in no way the top 3 clubs in Portugal with EPL money and the academies and type of players they produce they would be in the same situation as those clubs. With that said that's a situation of what else or what if that simply doesn't apply to this situation, because the same thing would have to be compared with Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, Anderlecht, and even French clubs.
I agree the same would be said with sides like Ajax and PSV etc not just the Portuguese.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Liverpool have all but signed him. Couldn't find a thread on him anywhere so sorry if there is already one.
So for those who have seen him play, what can we expect? Have Liverpool landed another gem?
Would say this 5 or 6 months he will have to adapt not only to a different type of football, intensityof the League, Klopp methods and so on, but all in all I think they signed a good player that on the medium term can have impact on their team.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I agree the same would be said with sides like Ajax and PSV etc not just the Portuguese.
Honestly don't think @Classical Mechanic analogy with the Celtic or Rangers example is out of place at all, quite honestly it's just pointless to compare what would happen if they were in England with money from England because that's the type of situation isn't measurable on real terms. Why are we discussing this about Portugal, and why not Olympiakos, they are also a massive club in Greece?

But at this day and age, while I don't agree at all with the Wycombe thing, it's not fair to English Football to dimiss the hystory of those clubs just because from the outside we tend to associate modern football in England with oil money, and that's not fair, I guess this is the ultra hyper capitalist version of football when we simply aren't discussing history here, so yeah, there's no comparison at this point with the football played in the EPL and Portugal, we all know that.

Josh 76

Ah yes the big bad EPL where Bruno joined and had the same output as the poor shite Portuguese league.

Ahh man Diaz is in trouble just like Nani , Ronaldo , Matic, David Luiz, Ricardo Carvalho, Rúben Dias, João Cancelo, Rúben Neves, Jimenez, Moutinho (as and old man) and many more.
Good reply

SportingCP96

Supports
Honestly don't think @Classical Mechanic analogy with the Celtic or Rangers example is out of place at all, quite honestly it's just pointless to compare what would happen if they were in England with money from England because that's the type of situation isn't measurable on real terms. Why are we discussing this about Portugal, and why not Olympiakos, they are also a massive club in Greece?

But at this day and age, while I don't agree at all with the Wycombe thing, it's not fair to English Football to dimiss the hystory of those clubs just because from the outside we tend to associate modern football in England with oil money, and that's not fair, I guess this is the ultra hyper capitalist version of football when we simply aren't discussing history here, so yeah, there's no comparison at this point with the football played in the EPL and Portugal, we all know that.
In using Portuguese clubs as a stronger comparison because despite all the money differences they compete in Europe and get far in both the EL as well as R16 of the CL.

Same can’t be said about olympiakos, anderlecht etc.

My point is that despite all the money differences the big 3 now are better then the mid table clubs in EPL so imagine if they had EPL money.

Very strong basis for discussion. Same with Ajax.

Last edited:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Be prepared for him to be another hit. A club where everything goes right alongside City. Meanwhile at our place… football is a tough right now. Not fun at all.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
In using Portuguese clubs as astorbgef comparison because despite all the money differences they compete in Europe and get far in both the EL as well as R16 of the CL.

Same can’t be said about olympiakos, anderlecht etc.

My point is that despite all the money differences the big 3 now are better then the mid table clubs in EPL so imagine if they had EPL money.

Very strong basis for discussion. Same with Ajax.
I think you are overreacting a bit here. This isn't simply a question of comparing with midtable clubs in England. Do I think Wolves or Burnley play better football than Porto? No, of course not.

But the type of intensity at what they are used to play is completely different to what Porto or the others are used. And I don't think the situation here in Portugal is the same as was 10 years ago, Porto and Benfica at that time had much better players for example, Sporting is better than that time because we were simply terrible, but against City the expectation is to not be devastated in 2 games. As it was for Porto against Liverpool.

But to stay on topic, I don't see the Diaz signing as for the short term, only next season we will see if he will be ready to be a regular starter for Liverpool.

SportingCP96

Supports
I think you are overreacting a bit here. This isn't simply a question of comparing with midtable clubs in England. Do I think Wolves or Burnley play better football than Porto? No, of course not.

But the type of intensity at what they are used to play is completely different to what Porto or the others are used. And I don't think the situation here in Portugal is the same as was 10 years ago, Porto and Benfica at that time had much better players for example, Sporting is better than that time because we were simply terrible, but against City the expectation is to not be devastated in 2 games. As it was for Porto against Liverpool.

But to stay on topic, I don't see the Diaz signing as for the short term, only next season we will see if he will be ready to be a regular starter for Liverpool.
Diaz is too good now to do well. He fits liverpools style of play like a glove.

As for city they are the best team in the world atm and I expect to her battered.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Diaz is too good now to do well. He fits liverpools style of play like a glove.

As for city they are the best team in the world atm and I expect to her battered.
He won't be a regular starter for now. He has to adapt to a different football, and more than that, to Klopp methods.

arthurka

Salah leaving all but confirmed by this signing. But who knows Liverpool really got their shit together under Klopp.

SportingCP96

Supports
He won't be a regular starter for now. He has to adapt to a different football, and more than that, to Klopp methods.
I never said he will start right away I said he will be a success and fits Liverpool style like bread and butter.

Statue of Limitations

I think it is a decent signing, future-proofing whilst also providing competition.
He's not gonna close the gap from them to City though, they need a lot more.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

I forgot that he joined the PL after looking washed up in Ligue 1. But then again it's not surprising look at Messi now that he is in a proper league.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Many of you clearly have not seen him play. The bastard is bloody brilliant and I am glad he’s gone as a Sporting fan.

Bags of pace, trickery, good at taking on his man, had a good shot on him and an eye for goal. He has everything Klopp wants as a winger. In Liverpools fast paced style of play he will fit in like a glove.

Watch his performances in the Copa America as well.

Some of you dismiss a player at 25 as if he is old. 45M is a bargain for this lad.

I am saying this as a rival player….
It's quite obvious that he's excellent - anyone who even casually watches football here would tell you he's the best player in the country. Whilst I do agree that buying someone who's done well in the league here but been poor in Europe can be risky, I don't necessarily think that applies when going after the guy who is comfortably the best player.

:nono: forgetting the icon that is Ramires!!