Status
Not open for further replies.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I sense sarcasm
Not at all. From the looks of Kagawa he's good at closing down players. Doesn't dive in like Scholesy does either (I thought he'd get sent off the other night).

Cleverley would have to be more disciplined although I noticed him checking his runs a few times the other night.

Plus, how defensive do we often have to be against most teams (especially at home)?

Any way, this debate is for another thread...

Cina

Yeah, to the Kagawa/Scholes/Carrick/Cleverley/Anderson thread!

Nah, I agree to an extent, at home the formation would be fine (preferably with some actual defenders on the pitch too)

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
He was playing out of position and Fergie absolutely adores Valencia.
He rates Nani too. That is why Valencia was at right back. Rather then wide right, with Nani wide left and Rafael at right back.

Hopefully Nani will just move to the left on Saturday but I suspect Fergie will want Kagawa, Rooney and RVP playing. If that's the case I wouldn't be at all surprised.
In a fair straight fight for the same role Valencia can't win. If anything I wont be surprised to see both Nani and Valencia on the bench and RVP and Young on either side of Rooney and Kagawa after how they both played vs Everton.

Baxter

If Young plays ahead of Nani, based on his performance against Everton I will be very, very disappointed.

Ace

If Scholes is deemed defensively sound enough to play in a two man midfield, Kagawa should have no problems.

Vibhas

He rates Nani too. That is why Valencia was at right back. Rather then wide right, with Nani wide left and Rafael at right back.

In a fair straight fight for the same role Valencia can't win. If anything I wont be surprised to see both Nani and Valencia on the bench and RVP and Young on either side of Rooney and Kagawa after how they both played vs Everton.
I don't know if your 'fair straight fight' allows for variation in form.. but even Young can get ahead of both of them 'on form.' If Young's scoring 2 goals a game and racking up assists, when he's given a chance, he will keep playing!

Valencia's much closer to Nani's level (Although Nani is ahead), but Valencia's in better form then of course he'll win.

Now, you may have accounted for that in your 'fair straight fight' line; (I'm not sure if that references form or not) but again, if we need a hard-er working winger, even then on 'equal' form, Valencia's got pretty much the best work rate going round (Although Nani works hard).

Cina

Yeah, by that logic we would be dropping every single player in the Everton game apart from Shinji, DDG and maybe Cleverley.

Do it!!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Drop Scholes and have Kagawa and Cleverley in the middle.

It'd certainly be ... interesting :)
You changed your tune! you spend a whole day arguing with me how it was a bad idea before, now your up for it? :lol:

Cina

You changed your tune! you spend a whole day arguing with me how it was a bad idea before, now your up for it? :lol:
Heh, it was more tongue-in-cheek really.

I can see it happening though, mainly because Carrick is going to be in central defense again. I can't see many other options if we want both Kagawa and RVP on the pitch.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I'm not Rooney's biggest fan, but I'm not stupid enough to suggest putting him on the bench because I know he can produce something out of nothing in the same way Nani can, and he will as will Nani.

Because Nani is so good, he is targeted often double & treble teamed, makes his job even harder, it's not surprising that he can not always 'perform'. Rooney gest the same treatment, everyone knows how dangerous he is so he gets extra attention & has to work twice as hard.

Get behind Nani (& Rooney) because they are the keys to winning back the league.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I could see him getting dropped, we have so many options that we're always going to switch things around anyway, regardless of poor performances. I could see Valencia at RW, Raf at RB then Rooney, Kagawa and RVP.

Ash_G

I'd be suprised if Fergie starts dropping people so soon, although suppose it could always just be rotation. But I reckon if he was happy to go with Valencia at right back in a really tough away game he'll try it again in a home game. Also for the likes of Nani and Rooney they'll be, or at least should be looking to make amends for the last game.

Varun

Staff
It says something about him that he still cannot cement his place like Rooney,Evra,Carrick and Vidic
No, it says more about the options we have at the respective positions. We have another top quality right winger, dont have the same luxury at LB and CM.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yeah, great compare kouroux, rooney, Evra and Carrick in last two years almost didn't have any competition for their places, while Nani's competition for right wing position was our best player last season.

Cina

Not to mention that the only real times that Nani isn't in the team is when he comes back from injury, understandable as he doesn't recover from injuries very quickly. When fully fit he's usually a certified first teamer, only time I can really think of in the last 2 years is when he was really poor against City (a game in which he was picked ahead of Valencia and Young)

Tooni

Has Nani's inconsistency been any worse than Giggsy's when he used to be a winger ? They both could be highly frustrating to watch at times but over the course of the season they are likely to be productive than most others.

I think Ronaldo and Messi has pretty much fecked up the life for other wingers.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Not to mention that the only real times that Nani isn't in the team is when he comes back from injury, understandable as he doesn't recover from injuries very quickly. When fully fit he's usually a certified first teamer, only time I can really think of in the last 2 years is when he was really poor against City (a game in which he was picked ahead of Valencia and Young)
You think, bar one game, he has been consistently good for the last 2 years?

londonredmaniac

Nope, no-one has.

But... over the course of the last 2 seasons he's been as consistent as anyone, and the stats back him up BIG TIME.
I think both him and Rooney (two players getting a fair bit of stick right now) are our massive game changers.

Nani is unplayable when he's on form. He frustrates living shite out of me...but he's a class act when on his game.

Two big players didn't perform Monday night so it's no wonder it didn't happen for us. When they are on form they'll be class.

Cina

Some people just don't like him. Quite a few said so after the game. You'll never respect a player you don't like, and therefore will find it very hard to see past his bad qualities and how good he is.

londonredmaniac

Harsh.

The word 'rhetorical' comes to mind.

Well, plenty over rate some of our lot, I was just trying to gauge where you were coming from.

I think if Nani stays fit he is one of our most important game changing players. He is subject to dips in form (as is Rooney)...some over state it and some under state it.

londonredmaniac

Some people just don't like him. Quite a few said so after the game. You'll never respect a player you don't like, and therefore will find it very hard to see past his bad qualities and how good he is.
I find him a whinging fecker who rolls around too much and feigns injury. Then again I could say that about plenty of players I think are the dogs bollocks.

If he plays good football, scores goals and has a positive affect on the team...I love the fecker.

Too much is being made out of Monday night for me. We were all (are still) pissed off but natural order will be seen over the first 10 games.

We will not be the only top side to go there and struggle.

Cina

Well, plenty over rate some of our lot, I was just trying to gauge where you were coming from.

I think if Nani stays fit he is one of our most important game changing players. He is subject to dips in form (as is Rooney)...some over state it and some under state it.
Well to answer in a non 'mardy cnut'-ish manner, no I don't think that was his only bad game, he's had plenty, but the thing about Nani is that even when he has bad games he can still produce moments of magic nobody else on the team is capable of. That's why he's so good.

Unfortunately against Everton, he failed to produce one of those moments and is therefore getting slated to shit and people are using the opportunity to profess their undying hatred of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.