Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I think Sanchez doesn't look at home at Barca. He definitely has to prove himself more to be considered his equal.

Cazorla is a good one. Menez is good but not as good. Very few who rival him from the other teams besides the incomparables.
Is Cazorla a winger? Honest question, I've always thought of him as a more central player.

Ekeke

I bet we'll continue from pre-season with Valencia at RB while Rafael given some time to settle back in after the olympics.

With that in mind we'd have Valencia plus 2 wingers on the pitch, so even if Kagawa is on the left that's Nani on the right.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Sort of just died towards the end there. I kept thinking right, he'll use that bad cross to spur him on to providing a great chance, only for him to then deliver an even poorer cross.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
He was really poor tonight, looked bright in the first half but as the game wore on he just grew frustrated and things wouldn't really come off. He should never take corners

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Awful performance, even worse than Rooney.

Count Orduck

He was woeful. In fairness to him, though, there wasn't much he could do. Everton were defending so deep he couldn't whip a ball in behind the defenders, but even if he'd got a high ball into the box (which he obviously didn't do, ever) they were getting everything in the air.

Cina

To be fair, all our crosses were woeful tonight. Valencia, Evra, Rooney, Young, nobody could ping one in, but Nani was definitely the worst. Thought he started brightly and just got absolutely shit by the second half.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Piss poor tonight disappointed as he's a million times better than that.

twitter thread suggester
He was complete and utterly crap. Never really seemed to get over that corner/goal kick incident followed by th yellow card in the first minute.

Still, however crap he might be, I still feel it's a mistake to take him off, as we know he can turn it on. At least when Ashley Young is the alternative.

Cina

He was complete and utterly crap. Never really seemed to get over that corner/goal kick incident followed by th yellow card in the first minute.

Still, however crap he might be, I still feel it's a mistake to take him off, as we know he can turn it on. At least when Ashley Young is the alternative.
Indeed, when Young comes on I just do not expect anything from him at all, like tonight.

Godfather

This. And I knew he would be shit after that. Can't handle such situations very well our Nani can he.

kundalini

Awful performance, even worse than Rooney.
Agree. Hard to believe given how poor Rooney was but Nani was astonishingly bad. Even simple 5 yard passes to the overlapping Evra were massively over-hit.

Orton

Agree. Hard to believe given how poor Rooney was but Nani was astonishingly bad. Even simple 5 yard passes to the overlapping Evra were massively over-hit.
No they weren't, and how could they have been? He played on the left for about 10 minutes, and overhit one pass to Evra.

Jaz

The good thing is that even when Nani plays badly, he usually can create a some, if not a small chance.

Didn't happen today. No need to be too harsh on Nani. It either works, or it doesn't.

Ekeke

He was rotten with his linkup play and well defended by Baines. Simple as that. Better luck next game

A grade

The Languid One
Lurking in Berba's receeding hairline, stroking my
always has been and will be a poor man's Ronaldo. He wants to be like Ronaldo but can't be. Sure, he has technique, has a decent shot but has always been too selfish and too in love with his dribbling to really become a great player. His crossing, in general, thinking back about the last couple of seasons, is definitely not his strength.

I personally have never been much of a fan since I like true team players.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Its repeating what others have to said already but tonight he was garbage. Welbeck can feel aggrieved to have been taken off for Van Persie as he certainly did better off the left than anyone else who played in that role for us tonight. When Van Persie came on there were certainly other players who deserved subbing more Nani being one of them.

The most frustrating thing for me about Nani is the consistency of his performances for Portugal as opposed to United. Generally speaking Nani is a 7 out of 10 for Portugal whereas for us he's often 9 out of 10 but can drop down to a 5 out of 10. Given his extraordinary gifts as a player 7 out of 10 would be more than good enough in most games but he often has nights like tonight where left or right it doesn't matter he's simply off it.

quethenoo

always has been and will be a poor man's Ronaldo. He wants to be like Ronaldo but can't be. Sure, he has technique, has a decent shot but has always been too selfish and too in love with his dribbling to really become a great player. His crossing, in general, thinking back about the last couple of seasons, is definitely not his strength.

He is the second top assister in the whole league over the past three seasons I believe.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Crossing is not one of Nani's strengths, on the back of his last two seasons in particular?

Okay then.

Orton

No, he doesn't want to be like Ronaldo. Your speaking of him being selfish, and in the next sentence you speak about his crossing. Selfish players tend not to cross too often, and Nani's always one of our top assisters, it just didn't really work for him tonight.

Jaz

Well at least Young could make a simple pass. You couldn't keep Nani on any longer he was woeful.
Nonsense. Nani made plenty of passes. Young was equally as bad as making any cross or attacking move as Nani.

The only reason people bang on about Nani is because he has so much of the ball, for every 4 good passes, they only remember the 1 bad one. And drum drum drum.

Without Nani, we probably wouldn't even be in a position to cross any ball in.

Orton

Seems like they only remember the pass to Evra which went out of play, yes it was bad but bloody hell it was hardly the worst thing to happen in tonight's game.

MUFCgal

I know others weren't great, but Nani was just awful.

He plays as if it's a training match. Far too casual, and I can't remember the last match he tore a team apart.

His decision making is still shocking unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.