Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

What? By the inferior ashley young? I dont see why anyone would be happy if we sold one of our best players.
That's because the question is subjective, I dont rate Nani as highly as you for example. Valencia is the better (more effective) winger, and Ashley isn't far off what Nani produce imo. I don't want Nani sold, no, he's a terrific player... all I'm saying is that he doesn't deserve parity with Rooney and RvP when it comes to wages, then Valencia should too, as well as Kagawa... it would create knock-on effects of jealousy and unrest.

pepsi07

That's because the question is subjective, I dont rate Nani as high as you for example. Valencia is the better (more effective) winger, and Ashley isn't far off what Nani produce imo.
Nani is better than Valencia.
Valencia only relies on pace, while Nani can create goal from nothing.
Also Valencia out of form is very poor.

Brophs

The One and Only
In relative terms £130k p/w isn't that much for Nani. I know he has patches where he falls out of the team but his development is ongoing and he's getting better every season. Even if we sold him for £30m, who could we buy that is as good, has the same sort of potential and wants less than £130k p/w?

I'm guess there's a bit more to the story.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
According to the Sun however...
Nani has two years left on his £90,000-a-week deal but wanted that boosted by nearly 50 per cent to more than £130,000.
United told the player’s representatives to forget it and have not gone back with an offer.
Contrast that to several months earlier in another article also by The Sun:

MANCHESTER UNITED are to open talks with Nani over a megabucks new four-year deal — worth a whopping £130,000 a week.

[…]

Now United will rocket him into the same pay bracket as their highest earners. SunSport revealed in November that the Old Trafford paymasters pencilled in talks for early this year.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ks-over-megabucks-new-deal.html#ixzz24UDK7in0

Jacob

Valencia only rely on pace, while Nani can create goal from nothing.
That's utter nonsense, Valencia can be as predictable as you want, he is still impossible to stop with his physique. Works harder than Nani, produces more dangerous crosses and has learnt to cut inside as well. Most importantly, Tony doesn't lose half as much possession. That said, they are both world class.

mungy

I am a terrible poster, please ignore me
Valencia only relies on pace, while Nani can create goal from nothing.
Also Valencia out of form is very poor.
That's a matter of opinion. I'd have Valencia over Nani any day of the week.

Jacob

That's a matter of opinion. I'd have Valencia over Nani any day of the week.
Same here, Nani has got that touch of technique which is a key component in being a slightly overrated player.

pepsi07

That's utter nonsense, Valencia can be as predictable as you want, he is still impossible to stop with his physique. Works harder than Nani, produces more dangerous crosses and has learnt to cut inside as well. Most importantly, Tony doesn't lose half as much possession. That said, they are both world class.
I completely disagree.
Nani is more versatile and complete player, technically superior to Valencia and can also score more goals. In a few years when Valencia loses his pace, Nani will still be at top level.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Same here, Nani has got that touch of technique which is a key component in being a slightly overrated player.
Not really, he's got more than a simply good touch and technique. When it comes to that he's one of the best players in our team. Add that to the fact that he's one of the best dribblers in the team, is a good crosser, quite fast and has a good shot on him. Valencia is better when you deploy him as an out and out winger, but Nani is the better player of the two overall. He definitely has more to his game than Valencia.

Nani is actually probably the most underrated player on the forum here. Valencia has generally been accurately rated but some in this thread are making him out as a bit better than he is.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
I admit I'd be tempted by 32m+ pounds of oil money, but only if we are going to replace him. Valencia isn't a replacement, neither is Young. Doesn't make sense to sell him now and drastically weaken our squad. Unless SAF were to use that money on a world class midfielder, and change back to 433... van Persie - Rooney - Welbeck, the new holy trinity.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Not really, he's got more than a simply good touch and technique. When it comes to that he's one of the best players in our team. Add that to the fact that he's one of the best dribblers in the team, is a good crosser, quite fast and has a good shot on him. Valencia is better when you deploy him as an out and out winger, but Nani is the better player of the two overall. He definitely has more to his game than Valencia.

Nani is actually probably the most underrated player on the forum here. Valencia has generally been accurately rated but some in this thread are making him out as a bit better than he is.
It's about time we had a Nani vs Valencia debate

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I admit I'd be tempted by 32m+ pounds of oil money, but only if we are going to replace him. Valencia isn't a replacement, neither is Young. Doesn't make sense to sell him now and drastically weaken our squad. Unless SAF were to use that money on a world class midfielder, and change back to 433... van Persie - Rooney - Welbeck, the new holy trinity.
I dont get this. And who should replace him? Nani is a damn good player, one of the best we have, are you aware of that?

pepsi07

Nani is worth at least 45 mil pounds, anything below that is a bad business for us.

And there is no point in selling because that money won't be available for suitable replacement, like when CR was sold. Glazer's $$$ :mad:

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Nani is worth at least 45 mil pounds, anything below that is a bad business for us.

And there is no point in selling because that money won't be available for suitable replacement, like when CR was sold. Glazer's $$$ :mad:
I'm pretty sure the club wouldn't think twice if somebody gave 30/35m.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Well as soon as we pass Sep 1st we can forget about getting a good fee for him.

It's a situation I cannot understand. I like the player a lot although he does frustrate me. But it has to be a case of he signs a new deal or we get rid before the window shuts.

If not the ball is firmly in the players court like RVP and Nasri.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Selling Nani is bad business at any price, I hate this modern obsession with being more concerned about a possible transfer fee than keeping one of our best players.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Selling Nani is bad business at any price, I hate this modern obsession with being more concerned about a possible transfer fee than keeping one of our best players.
Don't get me wrong, I agree. But my main concern is it is a very dangerous game leaving his contract in the balance. In a weeks time, Nani can do what he wants.

Chabon

In a week's time Nani will still have two years left on his contrat...

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
assuming there is an ounce of truth in this story,40m seems good money for Nani.
Nah. I know the Andy Carroll thing has been done to the death, but it really does stand with Nani.

If Nani goes at this point for less than Andy Carroll then everyone at the club needs firing/shooting. Gill, The Glazers, the directors, even Fergie...the lot.

Edit: Thought you said Euros...sorry. :D

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
In a week's time Nani will still have two years left on his contrat...
Yes but if he then decides he does not want to sign, the rumours and speculation will carry on all season and he will leave next summer for a significantly smaller fee than if we sold him right now..

Ideally I want him to sign. I would like him to stay, but I wanted done ASAP.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Van Persie left Arsenal for a huge fee, considering he only had a year left. Ashley Young left Villa for a fair bit and he also had a year left on his deal. We would probably still get around 20 million for him if it came down to that, but I don't think it will and reckon he will sign a new deal within the next month.

Sam

He's gonna be off. Its as clear as day.

Load of bullshit from the club.

Baxter

I think there is obviously something more. Might be a play for him to sign a new contract. Or it might just be that he was shit against Everton.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
If all wasn't right, he wouldn't have started on Monday. I think it's just SAF flexing his muscle with such a deep squad, the experience of Scholes and Giggs is vital with the injuries at the back too and of course SAF is going to load the bench with forwards with us at home. He might have also picked up a knock, I'd take £40m for him if it meant we brought Javi Martinez though.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We've had our strongest squad for years and we should not be weakening it by selling important players. It would be stupid to get rid of Nani at this point in his career unless we're certain he's not signing a new contract, although I don't see why he should not be on closer wages to Rooney.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Like others, I'm surprised he's completely dropped.

Clearly Fergie doesn't think he's as good/important as some on here are keen to insist he is.

Fact is, he's been regularly rotated throughout his United career and last season Young seemed to be preferred on the left.

Maybe he isn't necessarily up for sale but "available" hence the Zenit rumour as well as the constant links to Italy.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Does anyone actually know that he's been dropped and not picked up a knock?

Status
Not open for further replies.