Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash_G

Senior Player punching a Reserve though?
Could be. I think he and a few of the others train with the first team now don't they? Think it's meant to have been over a tackle. Easy for things to boil over. But who know's. I would imagine fights etc are pretty common though.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Could be. I think he and a few of the others train with the first team now don't they? Think it's meant to have been over a tackle. Easy for things to boil over. But who know's. I would imagine fights etc are pretty common though.
The thing is these stories don't normally leak out of our club, so the Journo has a great mole in Carrington. Petrucci is the Captain of the Reserves and the future of the club, you don't go round hitting him in the Gym, as you intimate though we don't know what really happened and these things happen more often than the papers would lead us to believe.

Ash_G

The thing is these stories don't normally leak out of our club, so the Journo has a great mole in Carrington. Petrucci is the Captain of the Reserves and the future of the club, you don't go round hitting him in the Gym, as you intimate though we don't know what really happened and these things happen more often than the papers would lead us to believe.
Yeah strange that it's come out but then he seems to be the only journalist talking about it so who knows.

I don't think it matters who it is that fought, if you're training together etc things will flair up. Petrucci is nearly 21 it's not like he's a kid. I'm not condoning it or anything as we don't know what the context is, if it even happened but I don't think it matters which players have a fight unless it was an older player beating up a 16 year old or something.

Ekeke

You dont know or decide that. For all we do know he could be off in the next window even sooner than Nani. Better talents than he have been sold.

Legend16

todays game could make or break his season. if he starts he will be on his favourite right side

As Roy Keane once said turning it on at home against spurs is no measure of a player. But it would be good to see him play well.

That said its worrying times for Nani. We've seen it before when stories like this come out. Ruud, Becks, Keane. Similiar stories of disharmony leaked before they were moved on

newseasonticket

Would love to get cozy inside Wayne Bridge's pocke
There isn't a week in any club's life where there isn't a bust-up in training.
Agree with this. With so many competitive people in a physical environment I don't think it's as big a deal as two people who work in a bank planting one on each other.

Legend16

Agree with this. With so many competitive people in a physical environment I don't think it's as big a deal as two people who work in a bank planting one on each other.
Yes and the regularity of these incidents without constant reporting must make the fact this one made the papers suspicious at least

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
I used to be very confident in Nani staying, however I'm becoming more worried each day.
I wish they could just get that contract issue sorted with and he continues doing what he's been doing for us (not recently).

ArmchairCritic

You dont know or decide that. For all we do know he could be off in the next window even sooner than Nani. Better talents than he have been sold.
Right but Petrucci seems to have the right attitude, I can only go off what I see otherwise the discussions on here would be boring as none of us know what happens everyday at the club and none of us have ever managed.

Ash_G

I don't really think it's about one player having a bad attitude sometimes I imagine one player might go in hard on another which will piss the other guy off, could be someone always shooting or not passing etc. I doubt most fihts are because one player is being a dick but more cause they're all just being competitive and it can boil over.

Ekeke

Right but Petrucci seems to have the right attitude, I can only go off what I see otherwise the discussions on here would be boring as none of us know what happens everyday at the club and none of us have ever managed.
If its all about attitude then Tunicliffe might be captaining the first team in 3 years time. We can have discussions on here without making statements like a certain player that Sir Alex hasnt given many chances to is "the future". We've had all that about Rossi, Pique, Pogba, Morrisson and so on... Might think that at some point we'd learn our lesson and not be too over eager about our young players when plenty who were talented didnt turn out to be our future after all for one reason or another.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
We don't know the full back story to this. Petrucci is not a little boy, but if Nani has taken a liberty in SAF's eye then this is good night Vienna for him, if it wasn't already.

Chabon

This little incident won't have any impact on Nani's future, immediate or long-term. He'll continue to be an important part of the first team, and he'll either agree terms on a new contract before the end of the season or sold in the summer.

Jaz

Seriously not good news...

All our wingers are injured and we have one having a midlife/midcareer crisis.

ArmchairCritic

If its all about attitude then Tunicliffe might be captaining the first team in 3 years time. We can have discussions on here without making statements like a certain player that Sir Alex hasnt given many chances to is "the future". We've had all that about Rossi, Pique, Pogba, Morrisson and so on... Might think that at some point we'd learn our lesson and not be too over eager about our young players when plenty who were talented didnt turn out to be our future after all for one reason or another.
Surely all our Young Players are the 'future' of the club. I was hardly intimating Petrucci was going to be the next Scholes.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Indeed, bunch of fecking women on this forum...
A heat of the moment training ground bust up is, of course, common place. However seeking someone out in the gym and punching them in the face is not.

If that's what's happened...

Drifter

American
If true , we all know SAF does not tolerate anything that upsets team morale, but since Petrucci is not a first team player this may get brushed under the carpet.

Phil

It just feels like the club have really fuelled this meltdown. Disappointing all round.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
This little incident won't have any impact on Nani's future, immediate or long-term. He'll continue to be an important part of the first team, and he'll either agree terms on a new contract before the end of the season or sold in the summer.
Yeah I think so too, can't really see this having an effect one way or the other.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
The Daily Mail is really beginning to annoy me. The only stories they have that ever seem to be true are about United! :mad:

Rios injury a few weeks back,Valencias injury and now probably this.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Senior Player punching a Reserve though?
First that's speculation created by a media that's not trustworthy half the time. If it happened, hypothetically and you were on the recieving end of a bad tackle (let's assume) - it wouldn't matter if it was a reserve. They train with the first teamers half the time and he's 20/21.

Nani's a first teamer but these players still play for their future. He can't afford to be out injured. So it swings both ways but more importantly, we don't know. Even if it weren't true, the writer probably got out of it what he wanted.

dev1l

So true. However as someone else remarked, ruud, becks and keane left after similar stories were leaked to the press.
He s off imo - there are too many signs showing that all's not well with nani at united

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
There are so many factors for a young player to make it. It's not even worth going into. It's very difficult to put a player who's valued highly on the bench, to give kid games. Our young players are not the issue. The quality is there. The potential is absolutely here. If the character is right, the coaching is right...but that's not enough.

Thinking back to 99...we had: Ole, Cole, Teddy, Yorke...- we could have had a brilliant striker coming through or midfielder - how the hell are they going to get in? You loan a player out but it ain't going to happen. You wouldn't select a talented kid ahead of those.

humdinger

I thought his contract expired next summer, must have got that wrong. If we don't reach agreement I'd be very sad to see him go as he is capable of magic. The current situation is starting to get unsavoury though.

ArmchairCritic

First that's speculation created by a media that's not trustworthy half the time. If it happened, hypothetically and you were on the recieving end of a bad tackle (let's assume) - it wouldn't matter if it was a reserve. They train with the first teamers half the time and he's 20/21.

Nani's a first teamer but these players still play for their future. He can't afford to be out injured. So it swings both ways but more importantly, we don't know. Even if it weren't true, the writer probably got out of it what he wanted.
Well it's as trustworthy as it gets considering the Journo's last 2/3 stories out of OT have been spot on. I agree we don't know what happened so it's pointless to point the finger.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
If Nani does go, you just know full well that he's gonna go elsewhere and set whatever league he ends up in alight. Not just dominate, but be one of the very best in the world. It'll be so annoying.

Not saying this will have any bearing on if he will or not, but it just seems inevitable that this will happen if he does.

The Neviller

I love the guy, but he needs to pull his head out of his arse and start putting in the kind of performances we all know he's capable of. On his best he's unplayable, he needs to get back to that, and quickly.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Just watched the highlights from last night again. Davide def had a shiner. These things happen though. No biggie imo.

Brophs

The One and Only
I don't think it's a big deal really, though you'd prefer if senior players weren't giving young lads a smack, particularly outside of the heat of the moment, IF the report is to be believed. Unless he's on a final warning - and the fact he's been starting suggests that's not the case - then I'm sure this can be sorted without any real fuss.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
When this happens at City, it's funny, when this happens at United, it's something normal and there isn't a week in any club's lige where there isn't a bust-up in training.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
When this happens at City, it's funny, when this happens at United, it's something normal and there isn't a week in any club's lige where there isn't a bust-up in training.
and why wouldn't we stick up for our own players?

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
A training bust-up is no big deal, but when a player lands a punch on a teammate then it becomes a much bigger deal and rightfully so.

Status
Not open for further replies.