Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
I thought he did reasonably well though his crossing was poor. I think that daft shot in the last couple of minutes will unfairly colour quite a few people's perceptions of his performance, though.
Certainly will. People are more than happy to focus on a few negative things and completely ignore all the good parts. That being said, it was a very very poor shot and a very poor time to take it.

I don't think his crosses today was that poor really apart from a couple of them. He put some crosses in some very good positions, but none or too few people in the box to make use of it. Could of course argue that he shouldn't put crosses where there's no teammates though.

All in all, I think he had a decent game again today. The only player who actually tried something in the first half, scored a goal and should've had a penalty.

Skywarden

Improvement over his last appearances. Good to see. Some bad decision later on but worked hard and moved well into position for the goal.

Shimo

Wow - are people seriously using the one shot at the end as why he played poorly? Rooney took a shot earlier when theoretically could have played in RVP instead. Rooney and Nani though have the skill/ability to score from those positions, so there was nothing wrong with them not taking a shot - happens, not every shot is going to be perfect but, have to attempt them when it's on.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He did fine today. But does anyone else think he's become a little slow in his overall play? Seems to play in slow motion these days almost always bringing himself to standstill always. I haven't see him running at pace at defenders much this season nor really taking defenders on. I hope he's not "maturing" and losing his explosiveness like we've seen with players before :nervous:

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
He did fine today. But does anyone else think he's become a little slow in his overall play? Seems to play in slow motion these days almost always bringing himself to standstill always. I haven't see him running at pace at defenders much this season nor really taking defenders on. I hope he's not "maturing" and losing his explosiveness like we've seen with players before :nervous:
I was actually thinking this during the game. I don't mind that he slows down now and then when he's about to take on a man as it usually works well for him, but these days that seems to be all he does. He still does it quite well mind, but it usually creates more dangerous openings when he just speeds ahead.

There was a time in the second half where he made a nice dribble and got around Vertonghen, but was still unable to use it to his advantage as he couldn't keep Vertonghen behind him.

Bape

He's always been like this. Nani always dwells on the ball far too much, with random outbursts of explosiveness here and there.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
Definitely one of Nanisa better matches, Giggs however can't play as a winger anymore he positioned himself like. CM and couldn't pass anyone to save his life. For me giggsy should still play as a CM but not on e wings anymore. Kagawa did more than Giggs on the left wingin ten minutes than what Giggs could do in 45 minutes

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
The system United have been trying to play since the beginning of the season has not suited our wingers. Even the ever consistent Valencia has been crossing into empty penalty areas.

Kagawa and Nani had excellent second halves once Sir Alex switched formations.

mungy

I am a terrible poster, please ignore me
I thought he was excellent bar that awful shot near the end.
Excellent you say. I would say a better than recent performance but miles away from excellent.
His confidence isn't great, there were three or four times near the end of the match where he should have taken on the left back but chose to cross instead, Got some great service from Scholes. The shot at the end of the game needs no comment.

Revan

Assumptionman
His best performance of the season though not anywhere near his performances when he was at his best.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Best performance of the season. Loved his work rate, and I've no complaints about his shots, his long range shooting is pretty good, it just didn't work today. More of same please.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Our crossing as a whole was pretty poor. Out of 43 attempts, only 4 reached their target which's awful.

RonaldoVII

Our crossing as a whole was pretty poor. Out of 43 attempts, only 4 reached their target which's awful.
That probably says just as much about our attacking play. Nani put some good crosses in during the first half into dangerous areas but we only had RVP in the box.

Ash_G

I thought he did well personally and was one of our biggest threats. Wish he'd have run at the left back more as he looke like he could beat him. Some people were probably annoyed at him shooting but that's what needed to happen. Us just getting the ball wide and crossing wasn't getting us anywhere as spurs had packed out the box. We needed to try something different and at least he was willing too. Think he showed once again why he's important as he's able to drift inside and link up as well as provide a threat from wide. His crossing could have been better at times but in honesty it'd be hard to pick a united head out with the players spurs had in te box.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He can do better, everyone always can, but it was very good performance from him, alongside Scholes he was MOTM, especially because he was our only player who actually came to play football in first half.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He started the game off woefully, by failing to track Vertonghen very well for the first Spurs goal, after which he took a while to get into the game, and in fact, wasn't really in it much in the first half. He came to life in the second half however, and was pretty excellent overall... that shot at the end was frustrating as hell though! But yeah, overall, more of 2nd half Nani please.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
For a player so out of form, his control is absolutely excellent at times and he doesn't stop trying. If anything it just goes to show how good a player he is.
Yep, he is able to bring any sort of pass down first time. Him and Van Persie have the best first touch control at the club.

Forevergiggs

I am ready to put more money on Anderson coming good than him ever fulfilling his potential at United. I used to be a fan but I have reached the end of my tether with him. Intelligence and awareness are things that cannot be taught. You either have it or you don't.

It's a shame really. He is as talented, if not more, than any other player in our squad.

Brophs

The One and Only
Yep, he is able to bring any sort of pass down first time. Him and Van Persie have the best first touch control at the club.
These are good points. He's like a Pro Ev player form the old days, the ball is smashed at his face and it just sticks from whatever angle.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
He was our best player last night, mainly at fault for the first goal by not tracking back, but played absolutely amazing in the second half. All of our attacks were going down on his end.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I think the fact he was at fault for our first goal and the Lennon chance immediately after because he simply didn't challenge his man for the first and gave the ball away so sloppily soon after. That sloppiness is annoying and he's still miles off his best. He still scored a goal and should've won a penalty so it evens itself out but then I'm not sure his overall play was particularly great.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
'Maturing', indeed. It is a bizarre phenomenon. Ronaldo losing his dribbling, Rooney becoming less explosive, Nani looking less willing to take players on, Welbeck looking less expressive, etc....

Why do our best players tend to lose their best attributes the more time they spend in the first team? I don't get it. It's not even as if it can just be explained in terms of them being paid more attention to either - it applies to one on one situations, when they're in space, etc. There is no way in hell Fergie or the coaching staff would try and train this out of our top players.

Cina

I am ready to put more money on Anderson coming good than him ever fulfilling his potential at United. I used to be a fan but I have reached the end of my tether with him. Intelligence and awareness are things that cannot be taught. You either have it or you don't.

It's a shame really. He is as talented, if not more, than any other player in our squad.
:houllier:

Hectic

Supports
30fps
The first rule of punch Nani in the face club is that no one is allowed to mention Michael Jackson.
Is it because Nani has this thing where he likes to rise up as Michael Jackon from Thriller after being knocked down?

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
He was good yesterday but his erraticness will still annoy and delude people even if he happens to become player of the year one day, it's a part of his game that will probably always be there.

Cina

Can I be of any help buddy?
Not really, but to say he'll never fulfil his potential here is odd, given how good (in general) he's been since 2010 and the fact that until he "came good" the majority of people on here thought he was never going to make it here and wanted rid of him.

I'd say he's done fine, all things considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.