Luis Nani | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

Should definitely cash in if anyone offers £10m +, if not, then I guess we keep him. I would rather he was sold but feel fairly 'meh' towards him at this stage. I hold practically zero hope that he's going to rediscover his firm circa '10-'12. Any semblance of form would be something.

Litch

Great player on his day. There's a question whether LVG can get him playing again or whether Nani needs a new start elsewhere.....Irrespective of peoples views of him, he's a match winner and those arent easy to find.....

Plugsy

Great player on his day. There's a question whether LVG can get him playing again or whether Nani needs a new start elsewhere.....Irrespective of peoples views of him, he's a match winner and those arent easy to find.....
Nah I think finding someone on Nani's 'match winning' levels is a piece of piss to be honest. How many matches has he won in the last 3 years?

Lu Tze

Genuinely do not know how anyone can still defend him. At any other big club if a player on 60k+ pw had not showed form for 2 seasons they'd be out the door in a heartbeat, it's utterly bonkers.

Shimo

Can't begrudge his thinking - though last season's reduced play time was down to his injuries. Still think he is a phenomenal player and would be brilliant if he stays with LVG coming in, the new signings, RVP probably hungry again and a general feeling of confidence that will be surging through the team, everyone I think will be playing at a high level - and when Nani does that, he is one of the best around.

Plugsy

Can't begrudge his thinking - though last season's reduced play time was down to his injuries. Still think he is a phenomenal player and would be brilliant if he stays with LVG coming in, the new signings, RVP probably hungry again and a general feeling of confidence that will be surging through the team, everyone I think will be playing at a high level - and when Nani does that, he is one of the best around.
Even being nice I don't see where it's happening in any future line-up. What with Mata then having to presumably give preference to the likes of Januzaj and Welbeck is at least competent when played wide, without mentioning Kagawa or anyone else we may bring in. It's not just an 'anti-Nani' thing, there are a few players I can't see getting much game time this year and he's one.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Just watched the second half of game against Ghana and he looked very good, he created at least 3 or 4 clear goalscoring chances for his teammates, only to they feck it up. People defending Ronaldo saying he is playing in shit team with no support should watch that half and think again. Didn't watch the first half though.
Apart from the game against USA, I think he did reasonably well in this WC, especially when you compare it with the rest of their team, he was probably their best player, altough that's not saying a lot.

Allegedly happy with his/Portugal's World Cup although I'm not sure the quotes justify the headline.

http://talksport.com/football/man-united-man-nani-pleased-portugal-world-cup-showing-14062698634
For a player who gets called stupid at every possible occasion, he always talks sense in his interviews. Very sensible interview that, can't remember interview from him saying something wrong.

Shimo

Even being nice I don't see where it's happening in any future line-up. What with Mata then having to presumably give preference to the likes of Januzaj and Welbeck is at least competent when played wide, without mentioning Kagawa or anyone else we may bring in. It's not just an 'anti-Nani' thing, there are a few players I can't see getting much game time this year and he's one.
I think it will be a huge mistake if we don't have room in our starting line up for at least one player in the ilk of Nani. I think of my Germany team right now in the world cup and they play a lot like Bayern IMO but, the difference between Germany and Bayern being a devastating team is the lack of a player like Robben, one that offers pace and trickery and a goal threat from nothing - maybe for them that would have been Reus. To me it's clear Germany are a level below devastating because of the lack of such a player (and perhaps a out and out striker). Even in the Holland setup if they don't have Robben, the system will be very limited going forward. Maybe Januzaj will be that player long term but, even if he is it this coming season, we need an alternative and Nani is that player.

Litch

Nah I think finding someone on Nani's 'match winning' levels is a piece of piss to be honest. How many matches has he won in the last 3 years?
Like I said before, bar Rooney and RVP, it's not like others have been pulling up trees either over the last 3 years. Utd have been dire irrespective of the PL league win. Not saying he's not been inconsistent but show me a winger that hasn't?

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
Portugal winger Nani has admitted he could leave Manchester United with other clubs interested in signing him this summer.

The 27-year-old is under contract at Old Trafford until June 2018 but Arsenal have reportedly joined Inter Milan, Juventus and Benfica in the hunt for his services.

"I'm a United player but there has been some interest on my behalf," Nani said to Portuguese sports newspaper Abola. "I will evaluate it and decide what is the most advantageous for me. A return to Portugal? Right now I don't know."

Found this on the BBC Sport site.

Annahnomoss

I was just being conservative. You could easily suggest he was their best player. It must be between him and Ronaldo though, the rest were average at best and the defence was woeful
Yeah it is what I mean. None of Portugals players, Ronaldo included were better than Nani even if I also think there were 1-2 at his level(Ronaldo being one).

Sb_16

He was Portugal's 2nd best player., I'm sure there will be plenty of interest in him this summer
From Italy and Turkey probably. Will we be willing to accept a low fee? I hope we will. Its best for all parties.

Ekeke

From Italy and Turkey probably. Will we be willing to accept a low fee? I hope we will. Its best for all parties.
He's on a long contract and due to the fact that a lot of "wingers" were actually used as strikers at the world cup (Robben, Messi, Sanchez) then Nani has been one of the best wingers in the tournament, probably one of the top 5 in the tournament.

If he was at another club we'd be looking at him and assessing him, fact is theres a lot of water under the bridge at United and it might be best for a clean break. Other clubs dont have that issue.

markhrad

He's on a long contract and due to the fact that a lot of "wingers" were actually used as strikers at the world cup (Robben, Messi, Sanchez) then Nani has been one of the best wingers in the tournament, probably one of the top 5 in the tournament.

If he was at another club we'd be looking at him and assessing him, fact is theres a lot of water under the bridge at United and it might be best for a clean break. Other clubs dont have that issue.
As much as I like Nani and think that he could play an important part in our success, given the right system, I suspect that you are right.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
We've been saying the same thing for 3 years now but imagine if he managed to get back to his old self, the Nani that replaced Valencia after his horrible injury. He would truly be like a well needed new signing on the wings. Valencia was on fire just before he got injured and in the form he was in, Nani looked even better.

This Nani. :(

roseguy64

Think there's enough about Nani that he'll be one of those LVG wants to assess. If he stays/goes it's up to him over this pre-season.

Kostur

海尔的老板
We've been saying the same thing for 3 years now but imagine if he managed to get back to his old self, the Nani that replaced Valencia after his horrible injury. He would truly be like a well needed new signing on the wings. Valencia was on fire just before he got injured and in the form he was in, Nani looked even better.

This Nani. :(
This music and editing :lol:

But yea, wish we had the ol' Nani back but as you said, it's the same shit as with Anderson and Liverpool - next season is their season. It's just not going to happen.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Was disappointing that whilst Young was looking so up for the game and eager to impress, Nani was doing feck all and didn't impact the game much.

Y2A

Nani is talented and I had hopes for him turning it around. But the hopes are fading. Also its not yesterdays game but the games he played in the World cup. He isn't looking up for it these days.

Maybe we could use him to sign big player. A lot of teams like Juve, Atletico etc could do with him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I thought he did ok. Kept things simple and passed the ball well. The through ball to Kagawa was beautifully weighted. Not sure why that particular performance deserves criticism?
It's Nani...

Status
Not open for further replies.