Luis Suárez

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Thought this was interesting

As translated on Reddit, Uruguayan coach Oscar Tabarez has told the following tale to local radio station Sport 890 regarding Luis Suarez’s impending transfer to Barcelona:

Luis had told me about the Barcelona interest in November last year a few days before the Jordan match. At that time the talks between Liverpool and Barcelona were very good and an agreement was arranged back then.

After the amazing season he had Liverpool did not want to sell him understandably and they began to back out of the deal they made with Barcelona in November last year.

Luis got word of this a day after the victory against England. He was a changed man, he got upset and his head was elsewhere. He could barely train with the rest of the team. I had to have him train with a different group from the main squad.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Aye that one seems to have been done a bit too swiftly to have been just because of his impressive world cup form.

Last edited:

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
So it's Liverpool's fault that Suarez lost his head and bit someone again? I'm willing to buy that!

Brophs

The One and Only
lol.

He's unhinged if that's true,.
Perfectly reasonable response to being forced to stay in Liverpool for another year, IMHO. I'd have probably gotten a flame thrower involved, just to be sure.

bishblaize

I can believe that. It seemed weird that mere days after Uruguay getting knocked out and Suarez' ban, Liverpool are negotiating with Barcelona. No other clubs involved, no auction, no interest at all for anyone else. Just straight to it.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Who are Agencia News?
Never heard of them.

The story here this weekend was it was all stalling as Barca somehow exxpected to pay Suarez 2/3 of what he gets at Liverpool. Even allowing for different tax regimes (not sure if they are all that different these days) that sounds a bit mental from them.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
The last time someone told me Agencia news were reliable was when they 'revealed' the Ballot d'Or results a few weeks early. They were wrong. Bull shit twitter account.

louvega

Supposedly this is at the backstore of the official store.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
I hope it's true insofar that Liverpool are not conceding anything regarding Suarez. It suggests that Liverpool, like last summer, have balls of steel when it comes to dealing with their most expensive asset. If someone wants Suarez, it's gonna cost them big.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I hope it's true insofar that Liverpool are not conceding anything regarding Suarez. It suggests that Liverpool, like last summer, have balls of steel when it comes to dealing with their most expensive asset. If someone wants Suarez, it's gonna cost them big.
That's dramatic.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
We've tried to point this out already, and the standard response is "we'll have plenty spare once we sell these other 5 players we don't need anymore".
Hehe, international players on the wages of the shite that are being shipped out. They'll be doing well to make that work.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Will your 6 new signings share Suarez's wages?
Suarez is on £200k a week. We'll also be looking selling a couple of other high earners. We're also in the CL and the TV money has drastically increased giving us even more flexibility to increase our wage bill.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Suarez is on £200k a week. We'll also be looking selling a couple of other high earners. We're also in the CL and the TV money has drastically increased giving us even more flexibility to increase our wage bill.
So your'e basically Leeds if you don't qualify again next year?

Phurry

Furry Fecker
Hehe, international players on the wages of the shite that are being shipped out. They'll be doing well to make that work.
As if by magic....

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Not sure how you work that one out.
If you are factoring in CL money to pay wages you are in risky water.

Apart from that, the maths don't really add up from what you are saying. The Suarez wages will barely cover Lallana and the increases all your players will command from last years success.

The 5 or so more signings will be a huge outlay in wages.

Richard Cranium

Don't think things are so rosey. Didn't you fail FFP the season before last but didn't make Europe anyway. The Suarez money is all but spent now when you factor in wages. CL money won't be amazing if you go out in the groups like I suspect you will.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Trying to think of such a great transfer out of the Premier league before.

One that massively weakens our oldest rivals, and at the same time takes the most loathsome player in Premier league history out of the league.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
What's with the expert accountants getting worried about Liverpool balancing the books? Given City's punishment I doubt any of the big boys haven't carefully considered the consequences of bad accountancy.

Raul Madrid

:lol:

I always thought he'd fit your club more than Barca, but another reason to like the Madrid clubs more!
Tbf, the whole concept of Madrid being the bad guys and Barcelona being the good guys is outdated. In the grand scheme of things both of them are the bad guys and so are Manchester united as well as some of the other big english clubs. There are very few good guys in football, especially at the top. That is why people like clubs like Dortmund do well. Barcelona have had controversial players before too, stoichkhov comes to mind.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Tbf, the whole concept of Madrid being the bad guys and Barcelona being the good guys is outdated. In the grand scheme of things both of them are the bad guys and so are Manchester united as well as some of the other big english clubs. There are very few good guys in football, especially at the top. That is why people like clubs like Dortmund do well. Barcelona have had controversial players before too, stoichkhov comes to mind.
Barca were a good contrast to Madrid before the last decade. Less obsessed with success, more emphasis on playing style and flair, less corporate whoring, gave more chances to youth. Now they are pretty much a mirror image of each other despite Barca fans' protestations.

Raul Madrid

@Vato and @Raul Madrid Welcome to a whole new level of hatred for a footballer.
I never particularly liked him as I thought he was always the perfect example of what is wrong with modern day footballers, just like our own pepe. There was a chance also that he could have ended up playing for Madrid and if that was the case it would have been similar to how I view pepe. I would tolerate him when he is playing well but I would never really like him no matter how good he is.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Dortmund are bad guys, I mean Klopp when his anger is over 9000...sheesh!

Americano

Make America Great Again!
Tbf, the whole concept of Madrid being the bad guys and Barcelona being the good guys is outdated.
Real and their pretty poster boys certainly project a different image than Barca's dirty/ugly/shady/tax evading trio of Suarez/Messi/Neymar. I thought that was part of the appeal of stars like James, he is another photogenic Ken Doll to go with Bale & Cristiano.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Real and their pretty poster boys certainly project a different image than Barca's dirty/ugly/shady/tax evading trio of Suarez/Messi/Neymar. I thought that was part of the appeal of stars like James, he is another photogenic Ken Doll to go with Bale & Cristiano.
Barca's image and model for success is largely more appealing, certainly under Pep. I think they still have a better image.

Raul Madrid

Barca were a good contrast to Madrid before the last decade. Less obsessed with success, more emphasis on playing style and flair, less corporate whoring, gave more chances to youth. Now they are pretty much a mirror image of each other despite Barca fans' protestations.
Im not sure if they were ever squeaky clean. They signed maradona for what was at the time a world record fee and I remember reading that at one stage they were thinking about turning the home kit to orange because they had so many dutch players (that could be rubbish and it also might have been their away kit). Madrid had a good influx of youth in the 80s. I think that every team goes through a good period with their youth system at one stage or another and then struggle to replicate it again like Madrid have and united have since the class of 92. Whether barca will or not remains to be seen. I also don't think Madrid were seen as such corporate whores until perez took over although tbh I don't really remember. Basically the bottom line is the more successful you are, the more detestable you become :p. I don't think that barca deserved to the good guy reputation that they had in the 90s either, but to be honest I am not really bothered by it. I always found it at times to be a bit rawkish. I respect Barcelona a lot as a club and as a team and I am being honest when I say that I have no hatred for them. I have a lot of admiration for their guardiola era especially as that truly was a great team.

Status
Not open for further replies.