Luka Jovic - Real Madrid player

Sanche7

We have no chance of getting him. He will either end up at a Classico club or Bayern
Wouldn't hurt to try if you ask me, especially for the rumored price of 50 million Euros.
I think we are the only club that can offer him a guaranteed starting spot as all the other three clubs you have mentioned have very good #9s already. If we want him, we should act now as in a year or two the other big clubs will be looking at buying a new CF

zkap

Supports
Barça
I suppose we could offer him a relatively good chance of becoming a starter. Suarez isn't consistent and is getting older so that spot is up for grabs. The problem could be Messi's friendship with Suarez which could make him more difficult to bench.
Really hope we go for Jović instead of Griezmann.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Wouldn't hurt to try if you ask me, especially for the rumored price of 50 million Euros.
I think we are the only club that can offer him a guaranteed starting spot as all the other three clubs you have mentioned have very good #9s already. If we want him, we should act now as in a year or two the other big clubs will be looking at buying a new CF
I'd love us to try. But the likes of Barca and Bayern have been at it for 6 months chatting with his people. And Real joined once Zidane returned.

We are way behind to jump in now and convince him. We have a better chance of stealing a De Ligt from under Bayern and Barca's nose than this kid IMO. Because in that case we have talked with his people and ajax as long as everyone else.

Mikelinho

Watch out for this guy tomorrow against Chelsea. Cant believe we still aren't linked with him properly with all the Lukaku rumours. I personally dont believe Rashford is "the one" who can play up top. We need a striker if Romelu is getting sold.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Watch out for this guy tomorrow against Chelsea. Cant believe we still aren't linked with him properly with all the Lukaku rumours. I personally dont believe Rashford is "the one" who can play up top. We need a striker if Romelu is getting sold.
Why would you be surprised? It would make perfect sense to sign him, meaning that chances are the club will not be interested at all.

BlueHaze

Him or Piatek would be ideal targets ro replace Rom. Both of them would be upgrades.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Last time I watched Benfica they have Jonas who's been brilliant for them but getting on a bit (35) and Haris Seferovic, a very mediocre striker as their front two.

I know people love to criticise Man. United and their transfer dealings and squad building but really Benfica messed up a bit last few years as they could've had a front two of Raul Jimenez and Jovic now which would've been pretty good to watch.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Last time I watched Benfica they have Jonas who's been brilliant for them but getting on a bit (35) and Haris Seferovic, a very mediocre striker as their front two.

I know people love to criticise Man. United and their transfer dealings and squad building but really Benfica messed up a bit last few years as they could've had a front two of Raul Jimenez and Jovic now which would've been pretty good to watch.
Jimenez was worse than Jonas at his best, while Jovic was scouted very early but he didn’t reacted well playing for the B team, and their former manager wasn’t that great.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Off to Madrid by all accounts, for a relatively small fee as well. I had hoped we’d make him our Lukaku replacement.

TsuWave

Rebic was 100% sure he was gonna bag that one

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
This is probably my dream signing along with David Brooks

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica

Jovic didn't had the best relationship with our former manager Rui Vitória, which was the main reason to being loaned out and shipped.

Seferovic has some technical limitations, but he's a physical beast in the way he never gets tired (well, he probably gets tired now during Ramadan) and he bullies defenders a lot. Not the most finesse player, but he's proving himself useful as long as he plays a more support role.

Bwuk

Can’t say I’ve seen much of him but his numbers look good and he took that goal v chelsea well.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Quality striker, physical beast and has more improved technically to become a goalscorer. He would be the perfect replacement For Lewandowski but Bayern are probably going to use a different tactical plan next season.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Can’t say I’ve seen much of him but his numbers look good and he took that goal v chelsea well.
I think his goal in the first leg was better. A superb header into the far corner, wasn't an easy chance at all.

Devil may care

A real #9, powerful, technically good, protects the ball well, just a good all round footballer and a clinical finisher, he's high up on the list of players I'd love to see us buy in the summer as we desperately need a striker.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He looks a proper striker. That said, it Lukaku goes, I’d be very tempted to hand his #9 shirt to Mason Greenwood, provided we can add some goals out wide. As far as young strikers go, I haven’t seen any with the ability and physical qualities of our Mason, and he’s an exception in that he could probably be integrated from next season.

Baxter

He’s the one we should go for in available. Looks like he’ll end up in Madrid unfortunately. €60m too.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Don't think Madrid will buy him, personally. He's not a big enough name for them.

We should definitely throw our name in the hat though. Be brilliant signing for us and with our Serbian connection with both Nemanjas maybe he might be interested.

Can't go into next season with the current strikers. They just aren't good enough.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He is such a beast! Top class striker in the making. Has some superb finishing.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Don't think Madrid will buy him, personally. He's not a big enough name for them.
They're already spending hundreds of millions on Hazard, Eriksen/Pogba — so they're pretty much covered in terms of marquee signings. I can see Zidane getting him as a potential successor to Benzema.

Godfather

Strong, good on the ball, good shot and a never say die attitude. Runs his socks off as well. Would be perfect so we won't sign him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Anyone know why he was loaned out from Benfica?

SambaBoy

Will be one of the next elite no9's after Lewa and Suarez. We should definitely be in for him. I don't think Lukaku is a massive weaklink for us at the minute and I wouldn't trade him for most of the names mentioned on here but the chance to upgrade him with Jovic is a must.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Anyone know why he was loaned out from Benfica?
Got fed up with being in their B team I think. After being signed from Red Star he would have expected to start straight away but maybe the coach had other ideas...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Wow the praise in here is huge. Can't think of another upcoming number 9 that people are this sold on. Expect him to move to Spain.

gr3yham3

If we can upgrade from Lukaku to one of Jovic or Dybala, that would be insane.

AgentP

We should definitely throw our name in the hat though. Be brilliant signing for us and with our Serbian connection with both Nemanjas maybe he might be interested.

Can't go into next season with the current strikers. They just aren't good enough.
Madrid need a striker and who else can they get? There is a shortage of elite strikers so they will have to go for him as he has the most potential. We should try as well just in case they back out.

starman

How do Benfica let of a talent like this go so easily, the person that put in a permanent exercise clause at the end of his loan should be fired. Supposed to have cost Frankfurt only 4m to sign him permanently, this after 2 years of displaying how good he is. In this day and age, this potentially could be one of the best buys ever.

P.s Frankfurt have signed him permanently last month, hes no longer on loan from Benfica as the title suggests

Last edited:

NoPace

How do Benfica let of a talent like this go so easily, the person that put in a permanent exercise clause at the end of his loan should be fired. Supposed to have cost Frankfurt only 4m to sign him permanently, this after 2 years of displaying how good he is. In this day and age, this potentially could be one of the best buys ever.

P.s Frankfurt have signed him permanently last month, hes no longer on loan from Benfica as the title suggests
Reminds me of us selling Zaha for 3.5M back to Palace and not having a clause to buy him back for 20 or 25M, which would have definitely been worth giving up a million on the fee or whatever, as he'll likely go for close to triple that this summer, and we needed a winger this past summer and the year before.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Reminds me of us selling Zaha for 3.5M back to Palace and not having a clause to buy him back for 20 or 25M, which would have definitely been worth giving up a million on the fee or whatever, as he'll likely go for close to triple that this summer, and we needed a winger this past summer and the year before.
Football doesn’t always work like this, we are dealing with real people. I don’t think Zaha left on the best terms, and coming back may not have been an option.

We did put a considerable sell-on clause though, which may we’ll make us upwards of £20m this window.

Lyricist

Wow the praise in here is huge. Can't think of another upcoming number 9 that people are this sold on. Expect him to move to Spain.
It’s just that his finishing is absolutely crazy good. And I don’t mean that he gets numbers like Mario Gomez. I’m saying he constantly has some brilliant Ibrahimovic/Suárez/Raul finishes (all are different, I know) in there.