Luka Jovic - Real Madrid player

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It’s just that his finishing is absolutely crazy good. And I don’t mean that he gets numbers like Mario Gomez. I’m saying he constantly has some brilliant Ibrahimovic/Suárez/Raul finishes (all are different, I know) in there.
Sounds great. It seems people rate his all round game too. Every other prospect seems be limited or a wide forward. Would love for us to have a proper top class 9 again

SATA

We need a striker and it's quite bizarre that no one has linked him to us yet. Instead we have names like Icardi and Dybala which i don't really want. Do our scouts have a clue on this player?

passing-wind

He looks real promising that finish alone against Chelsea just highlights his temperament, you can't teach those type of capabilities it's purely instinctive.

It's absolutely depressing knowing the club have to pin our hopes on Rashford next season, there are numerous strikers: Mitrovic, Vardy, Arnautovic, Richarlison, Jimenez all who id take over Marcus upfront. That's excluding Lacazette, Jesus, Aubamayeng, Firminho, Aguero, Kane.

Whenever in the club's recent history have we had a worst set of strikers ?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We need a striker and it's quite bizarre that no one has linked him to us yet. Instead we have names like Icardi and Dybala which i don't really want. Do our scouts have a clue on this player?
Perhaps our scouts favour a different striker to you.

R'hllor

He ended up with 10 goals in 14 apps. in EL and has 17 goals in 30 apps in BL, doubt he will reach 20 in last 2 BL games. Not sure he would be best fit for us in our current way of play, maybe my comparison is way off but sometimes he reminds of Aguero, not saying he is on his level, mind you.

finneh

Reminds me of us selling Zaha for 3.5M back to Palace and not having a clause to buy him back for 20 or 25M, which would have definitely been worth giving up a million on the fee or whatever, as he'll likely go for close to triple that this summer, and we needed a winger this past summer and the year before.
I think United agreed a large sell on % instead (25-30%) which is probably better as not only do we get a large discount if we want to buy him but we get a nice sum if another team does also.

NoPace

I think United agreed a large sell on % instead (25-30%) which is probably better as not only do we get a large discount if we want to buy him but we get a nice sum if another team does also.
Yeah, if he goes for 50 let's say, we'll get 12-15M, but I'd rather just have Zaha back here for 25-30. I'm sure Ole could talk him around and we'd have a winger for a medium fee and could focus on spending elsewhere.

NoPace

Sounds great. It seems people rate his all round game too. Every other prospect seems be limited or a wide forward. Would love for us to have a proper top class 9 again
Supposedly Barca rejected him as Suarez' replacement because he's just a poacher but who knows if that's true.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Supposedly Barca rejected him as Suarez' replacement because he's just a poacher but who knows if that's true.
I wouldn't go as far as to say he's just a poacher but he certainly isn't a Suarez replacement. He is more of a technical target man who can hold the ball and score goals consistently.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Is he a traditional striker or a false 9?
He was anointed Serbian Falcao in the past, and that comparison is spot on for the most part, IMO — not the tallest player but quite powerful and plays with an aggressive edge, a hungry center forward blessed with an innate sixth sense for goals, consistently gets into good positions, decently quick and skillful with reasonably good hold-up play (though obviously not in the tier of the likes of Benzema or Eto'o).

This version of Falcao mind, not the post-ACL injury one that had lost a fair bit of explosiveness and drive from his Porto/Atlético days when he was arguably the best attacker in La Liga after Messi/Ronaldo and among the most feared forwards in club football...

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Of course they do.

finneh

Yeah, if he goes for 50 let's say, we'll get 12-15M, but I'd rather just have Zaha back here for 25-30. I'm sure Ole could talk him around and we'd have a winger for a medium fee and could focus on spending elsewhere.
I don't think they'd have agreed under £40m either way. In which case it would be the equivalent of a £55m bid which would probably be enough anyway if he kicked up a fuss.

NoPace

I don't think they'd have agreed under £40m either way. In which case it would be the equivalent of a £55m bid which would probably be enough anyway if he kicked up a fuss.
Eh, we sold him for 6M, that's peanuts and someone else in the Prem would have paid it.

finneh

Eh, we sold him for 6M, that's peanuts and someone else in the Prem would have paid it.
I think you're conflating his value now with what is was then. We bought him for £10m and he was wholly terrible for 2 seasons, of which there was very little transfer inflation.

We may have squeezed £9-10m out of someone but firstly the player would have had a huge say in going back to the club he was at since 12 and secondly the 25%+ sell on clause was seen to be far better than an extra £3-4m up front, which has proven to be true.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’m pretty sure like a few days before those Barca reports came out, his dad (who is also his agent?) said Jovic doesn’t want to join a club as a rotational/bit part player. The Barca reports sounded like sour grapes.

NoPace

I think you're conflating his value now with what is was then. We bought him for £10m and he was wholly terrible for 2 seasons, of which there was very little transfer inflation.

We may have squeezed £9-10m out of someone but firstly the player would have had a huge say in going back to the club he was at since 12 and secondly the 25%+ sell on clause was seen to be far better than an extra £3-4m up front, which has proven to be true.
Oh yeah, I don't mean we should have squeezed for 2-3M more, I mean when we sell a pacy winger with skills at 23 years old, get a buyback clause. Hell, sell him for 2-3M less to get the cheaper buyback option, it's a month of Alexis Sanchez wages.

If the people in charge of our club were in charge of Madrid, I bet Carvajal would still be in Germany and Hakimi would be about to do the same.

finneh

Oh yeah, I don't mean we should have squeezed for 2-3M more, I mean when we sell a pacy winger with skills at 23 years old, get a buyback clause. Hell, sell him for 2-3M less to get the cheaper buyback option, it's a month of Alexis Sanchez wages.

If the people in charge of our club were in charge of Madrid, I bet Carvajal would still be in Germany and Hakimi would be about to do the same.
I agree with the overriding point but think the Zaha deal was actually decent. If Spurs bought him for £55m next month we'd be saying we more than doubled our money on a player who isn't cut out for the top tier anyway.

NoPace

I agree with the overriding point but think the Zaha deal was actually decent. If Spurs bought him for £55m next month we'd be saying we more than doubled our money on a player who isn't cut out for the top tier anyway.
If you start from us identifying him as a good player and buying him for a medium sized fee then absolutely.

But I'm not sure he's not cut out for the top tier. The smartest Palace fan I know thinks they'll go down next year if they sell him. He's a flawed player but I'd feel better about next season if we had him coming back to be a winger for us next year, and he'd have been an upgrade for us this year considering how bad our RW spot. Might have saved us from buying Sanchez if we'd have had a recall option last year and that would have been huge from multiple perspectives. Though who knows if Mourinho would have liked him (pacy, winger) or hated him (gives the ball away, might not be so clever defensively).

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
If only the Serbian coach would realize this guy is much better than Mitrovic and should start in the national team...

R'hllor

Bumping my own thread -.- . Just saw news of potential transfer to RM, guess mods can close this thread if it becomes official.

Oh, usually i watch teams with Serbian players in it, in top 5 leagues, tbf didnt watch BL last couple of years.

Anyway, if he goes to RM, doubt i can make myself watch that circus.

koop

Confirmed at Real Madrid for £52.4m? Yikes.

RM didn't wait long after that transfer window opened..

I seen about 50 people on here spam this guy for our striker option, so who do we get now? :rolleyes:

Holocene

I seen about 50 people on here spam this guy for our striker option, so who do we get now? :rolleyes:
That's a great price, if true. How annoying.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Cheaper than Fred...

izec

They already signed Militao. Hazard is as good as done i imagine as well. Only need a midfielder (Pogba, Eriksen, Ndombele?)and a LB and they are done before June/July.

Beaucoup

I’ve watched him a few times this season and he just looks like a finisher to me, seeing as our forwards like to shoot on sight, regardless of someone else being in a better position and our midfielders love to lump an aimless ball into the general direction of the box, I don’t think we’ve missed out.

RoyH1

Good pickup for Madrid if this is confirmed. Didn't overpay either.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
They already signed Militao. Hazard is as good as done i imagine as well. Only need a midfielder (Pogba, Eriksen, Ndombele?)and a LB and they are done before June/July.
Yep, they will most likely get one of those midfielders and they'll most likely get Mendy from Lyon for LB. Solid start to the transfers from Real Madrid, not surprised though as they really need to upgrade.

Aloysius's Back 3

Got to say - I would normally laugh at one of these players at their age going for real Madrid as they usually lead to being sold in a year or two.

However, I think Zidane knows what he is doing if he is staying and can build a young team at Madrid better than has happened for a long time.