Lukaku to Chelsea? €100m bid + player rejected

8thWonder

Lukaku has repeatedly said his decision to leave United was made before Ole took over though. I wonder where the narrative he got upset by being benched by Ole comes from. He has nothing but good things to say of Ole of fact
I've never read that, my understanding (and to be fair, I have no idea anymore where it originated from anymore) was that he spat his dummy out when Ole picked Rashford/Martial through the middle.

But if that's right that does change things quite a bit in my eyes.

Some of these players with loads of natural talent take some time to mature for their own good. Hopefully he has found that place.
Absolutely. I'd be careful to add that it may not just be a maturity thing if it was an underlying health problem while he was here mind, but no doubt he has gotten better as he's got older.

For what it's worth, as stated in a previous post, I think he'd be great for you actually.

Malcusss

I can't remember it that way. I even remember Lukaku being offended and asking the fans to stop singing his song because it referenced him having a large penis. Which personally i would have found funny.

It is just a clash. I'm sure Milan suits him better.
Are you black? Have you been subjected to underhanded and explicit racially charged and outright racist comments throughout your life? I have in the seven countries I've lived in and in several languages, and I can assure you that fetishization of reproductive organs or sexuality in general of black people - regardless of how large one's penis actually is - is not only one of the most degrading things one can experience, but is based on a centuries old strategy to dehumanize and forcefully reproduce chattel slaves. Don't wanna derail but I'd suggest you read up about it instead of being so dismissive.

As for the topic at hand, while he will bang them in for Chelsea, I'd be somewhat happy if they got him. He was never a fit for us, and he seems to play as if his teammates owe him something which is incredibly frustrating to watch. Don't think he'd take Chelsea to a new level, even if I disagree with the preveiling opinion of him as a donkey. He'll do well, maybe even bang in 30 goals, but I can't really see him transforming them. That has to be the aim at that price and age.

Most importantly, the Kane and Lukaku situations give me hope in the Haaland chase, and I believe he's the real prize asset of the three given his age, performance and release clase. Yeah, Barcelona and Real probably have something to say, but if Chelsea and City are pushing so hard now for strikers, while we aren't at all, I can't help but feel that we might be Haaland's preference which is truly exciting as he'd tick every box for us.

flappyjay

Hey hold on a minute. Have inter paid us all the Lukaku money. Don't they still owe us.

::sonny::

Hey hold on a minute. Have inter paid us all the Lukaku money. Don't they still owe us.
They didn’t pay nothing, maybe only 10/20 millions, and I doubt they will pay more in this moment, they’re virtually in administration

Suedesi

They won scudetto last season. They have won the CL more recently than us.

Nothing personal but i hate the myopic view that Utd and the PL is more prestigious than other clubs and top leagues in europe.
Hey but we lost in the EL final more recently than them ;)

Look, Inter are a big team historically and just won the scudetto, but it's not like they didn't have to sell players to balance the books losing their manager in the process. The PL is lightyears ahead of any other league at the moment, and I say that as some who grew up on Serie A's golden spell and someone who's well aware Italy won the Euros with largely Serie A based players.

bosskeano

Bit mad that you can sell a player you've not even paid for yet.
Yes it is but i guess that is what happens when you have terms over multiple years. Really surprised they would be willing to sell him back to Chelsea.

Suedesi

Kane to City isn't a done deal by any means. Anyway, Real Madrid will absolutely be interested in Haaland and could plausibly pull off both him and Mbappe if the latter moves on a free (ie, only player/agent fees, which will still be substantial) and the La Liga private equity deal goes through.
Don't think so - they're skinned and desperate for the ESL which fell through. They're not buying players for 2-3 seasons now, only selling, and to expect they get both Mbappe and Haaland is wildly unrealistic.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Read this deal could see us net a fair bit of cash, since Inter haven’t coughed up the entire fee yet (and apparently have to now) and we have a 20% sell on clause.

Assuming for one second that this isn’t a steaming pile of horse shit, this could get us a midfielder.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Read this deal could see us net a fair bit of cash, since Inter haven’t coughed up the entire fee yet (and apparently have to now) and we have a 20% sell on clause.

Assuming for one second that this isn’t a steaming pile of horse shit, this could get us a midfielder.
20% on profit. And the money they still owe us will already be accounted for. So we'll pocket something like €5m.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
20% on profit. And the money they still owe us will already be accounted for. So we'll pocket something like €5m.
Well that’s pissed on my chips. I was expecting us to raid Wolves for Neves the second Lukaku stumbles into West London.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Thought he was happy as Larry at Inter? Oh well.

el3mel

Lukaku is exactly what Chelsea need. They needed a goal scorer last season to finish all these chances.

Unfortunately I think he'll be a great signing for them. People talking about his price and stuff, we bought him for 80 when he was at Everton and sold him for over 75m after he had his worst season in his career. Now he has just finished his best ever season, of course his price will go up even more.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Usually when you sell a player, entire amount is added as income to that financial year while the players which are bought are amortized over the length of the contract. So mostly the cash which they owe would already been accounted for.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
So Lukaku will be sold to inter and half of that money will be going to us anyway since they haven’t paid us for him in full yet. Righto.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Thought he was happy as Larry at Inter? Oh well.
However, speaking from Belgium's training camp ahead of Euro 2020, Lukaku confirmed he will not be looking to pursue a move away from San Siro in the summer despite Conte's exit and Simone Inzaghi's impending arrival as head coach.

"Yes, I am staying," he told Dutch broadcaster VTM.
I've already had contact with the man who normally becomes our new manager. Maybe I shouldn't say that yet... but it was a very positive conversation."

"There's also the challenge of doing it again [winning the league with Inter]. I feel good at Inter."
Things change very quickly.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I hope he signs for Chelsea and tries to score 30 yarders against us.

Or I'd love to see him score against and do a silly celebration and then we go and score 3 rendering his goal irrelevant

Tragically Hip

Anytime you hear the word donkey or animal refering to a player, it seems to be towards a black player. Not sure its just me but the tone always makes me wonder and question the reasoning behind it…
It's not just you. Someone even referred to him as needing to be fed carrots; it is purposely dehumanizing.

Zoo

The Chelsea mouthpiece is very positive.

roonster09

Scout
120 million pounds + 12 million wages after tax (as per Di Marzio). That's a huge investment.

USREDEVIL

One thing about Lukaku is that he's a bit of a flat track bully. I remember him getting at lower and mid table clubs, but when the big boys were defending he usually went quiet.

Judas

Open to offers
I just can't get over that sort of money when City don't seem to want to go higher than 100m for a much much much better player. Chelsea certainly do love to throw the money around.

roonster09

Scout
It's not just you. Someone even referred to him as needing to be fed carrots; it is purposely dehumanizing.
Anytime you hear the word donkey or animal refering to a player, it seems to be towards a black player. Not sure its just me but the tone always makes me wonder and question the reasoning behind it…
Not just black players, its commonly used for players who lack technique or misses easy chances/mess up play.

Can't believe DCL missed that and Everton looking awful.

Please DCL you fecking donkey cock, get something!
Ohh feck off Bamford you fecking donkey
Phil Jones
Think of all the donkeys we could have sponsored instead of this one
On Fred and McT
Would take cleverley and anderson above these two donkeys
I’ve made up my mind Werner is a donkey might as well stick him on the wing because he’s a shite centre forward.
Bruno is in donkey mode tonight.
Cavani is in donkey mode tonight.
Lindelof
This donkey needs put out to pasture
Dan Donkey James has to score
Matic you donkey