g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Ordinarily I'd be absolutely livid if a player treated the club in such a disrespectful way, but bizarrely I actually couldn't give a rats arse in Lukaku's case...!

Do you think Sanchez could go and train with Anderlecht too..? :rolleyes:

Ordinarily I'd be absolutely livid if a player treated the club in such a disrespectful way, but bizarrely I actually couldn't give a rats arse in Lukaku's case...!

Do you think Sanchez could go and train with Anderlecht too..? :rolleyes:
I think you are on to something, can we send them Darmian and Rojo as well?

Mainoldo

When are we taking his number of his back? Martial best have requested for this number 9.

youmeletsfly

Just hope we can shift him to Inter and be done with this.
I think we would have sold him to Inter a long while ago if it was that urgent. I just have a feeling that we're still working on an exchange with Juve or some other club.
Either he's part of an exchange or we're just trying to get a bigger price for him. Both of the options are alright at the moment.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I don’t see an outcome now where Lukaku stays at United.

I do believe the stay in Belgium is mutually beneficial only in the instance he is sold.

Litch

There aren't many prolific goalscorers at 21-22 years of age. The way people on here judge Martial and Rashford as if they are finished articles and experienced pros is a bit mad. Pretty sure I did a comparison last year and Rashford for example actually has a better goalscoring record than the likes of Ronaldo and Kane at his age.

I don't think the problem is relying on them two, it's that relying on them two even of thry both do well, isnt going to be enough. We didn't score nearly enough last season and now you take 15 goals off that without Lukaku. Even if Rashford and Martial bridge that gap, whuch would mean getting close to 20 goals each, we're just back where we started.
You might be right and I'm certainly not judging them as the finished article as that would be nonsense at that age. That said, 22 in football (rightly or wrongly) is judge by age anymore in the same way but by experience and number of games. These are players that have played CL, World cups and European finals. They have played against and scored against the biggest teams in the world so for some age is just a number. I think with them both, it's not the goals, it's the type of goals they score. These two never seem to score tap-ins, headers etc and you aren't getting over 20 goals a season if they are all going to be on MOTD for goal of the month.
I agree though, it's hard to believe we only score 65 goals last season and take out Rom's 13 or so, if we are working from say 50, first Rashford and Martial are going to have to do something really special next season, then where are the other 25 goals gonna come from to make us competitive for chasing top 4?

red4ever 79

I don’t see an outcome now where Lukaku stays at United.

I do believe the stay in Belgium is mutually beneficial only in the instance he is sold.
He wont stay but I also do not expect him to leave in the next 48 hours. European window closes end of August I believe. He will leave during the next few weeks.

Eddy_JukeZ

Hopefully we sell him.

I don't even care if we get a replacement in or not.

Just sell him if the fee is close to our valuation.

So it is true that he and Pogba isn't in good term. That PSG goal celebration was just a show?
It's fairly clear something happened, probably during the first season. Everybody knows Pogba loves his social media and is always on Instagram. In the first few months of Lukaku signing they were hanging out on a practically daily basis. They even went on holiday together. Pogba was posting videos and pictures with him all the time. In the last year or so I haven't seen them together on there once.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He wont stay but I also do not expect him to leave in the next 48 hours. European window closes end of August I believe. He will leave during the next few weeks.
I think he goes today or tomorrow. We must be very close to a deal if he’s been allowed to stay away from the squad.

Well want the funds to at least look like we’re trying to sign someone.

red4ever 79

I think he goes today or tomorrow. We must be very close to a deal if he’s been allowed to stay away from the squad.

Well want the funds to at least look like we’re trying to sign someone.
We are not signing anyone unless we get some has been on a free just to put a body in the squad. Shambles from the board and ed again

Eddy_JukeZ

Lukaku going on strike to force a move on us.

Lukaku of all players. Absolute joke.

I just hope we sell him. If we don't sell him and he ends up playing a good amount... my god.

Ronaldo's Love Child

Something doesn't make sense here.

How the hell is he allowed to train at another club ?

If this is without the explicit permission of United then Lukaku is breaking every rule in the book and a fine of two weeks wages is nowhere near enough of a punishment.

And how are Anderlecht allowed to accommodate another club's player into their training. Surely Anderlecht are also risking punishment by accommodating him ? I don't think we're getting the full story here.....

humdinger

He’s being really stupid here and is completely in the wrong. I’m sure his prospective employer wouldn’t be impressed with his behaviour.

I want him gone, but also would be quite happy for him to keep picking up fines and stay over there until the last days of the Italian transfer window.

If he’s so desperate to go he can hand in a transfer request and drop his wage demands so Inter can afford him.

::sonny::

If this is without the explicit permission of United then Lukaku is breaking every rule in the book and a fine of two weeks wages is nowhere near enough of a punishment.

And how are Anderlecht allowed to accommodate another club's player into their training. Surely Anderlecht are also risking punishment by accommodating him ? I don't think we're getting the full story here.....
This would be a wet dream for any lawyer

Missing trainings
Train with other club

Easy win

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
When are we taking his number of his back? Martial best have requested for this number 9.
Leave it vacant for a season, give it to Greenwood at the end of the season after he finishes top goalscorer. :cool:

Oh, and if he keeps missing training, we can keep fining him right? Money saved.

flappyjay

Putting him to the stands woody. He will keep getting fatter and fatter by next year he will a sumo wrestler

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
People in football love to talk about mental strength. Well, I’m the strongest dude you’re ever going to meet.

Now I’m about to play in another World Cup, and you know what? I’m going to remember to have fun this time. Life is too short for the stress and the drama. People can say whatever they want about our team, and about me.
Okay, Rom.

Skills

Snitch
Wasn't he one of Jose's disciples? You know, the example of great professionalism that everyone else had to live up to?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Okay, Rom.
He's a known bullshitter. Some Belgian documentaries about him are fecking cringeworthy. "We were so poor growing up that Jordan and I had to mix water with our milk to make it last more days", while his father was a professional football player who pissed his money away ("bad investments" according to Lukaku, women and gambling according to the public). "I only spend like 5% of my salary, the rest goes to my family" quoted with his €300k Rolls Royce on the doorstep in his gigantic villa. "I don't care about the haters" whilst constantly moaning about his treatment from fans when on Belgium duty. "The fans don't like me because I'm black", no they don't you fecking wuss.

Really fecking dislike that guy.

Nick7

Stick him in the reserves for a year if no one pays up. Mitten's article about him actually enraged me.

AJ10

He's a known bullshitter. Some Belgian documentaries about him are fecking cringeworthy. "We were so poor growing up that Jordan and I had to mix water with our milk to make it last more days", while his father was a professional football player who pissed his money away ("bad investments" according to Lukaku, women and gambling according to the public). "I only spend like 5% of my salary, the rest goes to my family" quoted with his €300k Rolls Royce on the doorstep in his gigantic villa. "I don't care about the haters" whilst constantly moaning about his treatment from fans when on Belgium duty. "The fans don't like me because I'm black", no they don't you fecking wuss.

Really fecking dislike that guy.
:lol: Sound strategy.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel

United gave him permission to have training with Anderlecht on Monday but he was to return to United on Tuesday for training with us but he's effectively went on strike and stayed another day. He should be fined for not following the terms of the contract and not reporting back to united. If nothing happens then every player we have could go on strike to force a move.

predator

Youth NITK
Swap him for Mandzukic and any half decent Juve midfielder. We need to get rid of this clown. If he was any good it'd be a different story. He's so disrespectful.

Nick7

United gave him permission to have training with Anderlecht on Monday but he was to return to United on Tuesday for training with us but he's effectively went on strike and stayed another day. He should be fined for not following the terms of the contract and not reporting back to united. If nothing happens then every player we have could go on strike to force a move.
Mitten says he didn't have permission for Monday, but as it was a day off he wasn't doing anything "wrong" per se. Says Adidas and the insurers wouldn't be too happy about it.

settembrini

1. Lukaku is acting like a massive baby and his behaviour ever since Mourinho got sacked has been ridiculous.

2. I can't believe we haven't sold him yet. Did we literally get banned from selling players and I missed the news stories or something?

Jacob

Stick him in the reserves for a year if no one pays up. Mitten's article about him actually enraged me.
Has this ever happened? It doesn't make sense for the club. Rather sell and use the funds than to make a costly example out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.