Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Orchestra

It's to bad players like Lazaro and Barella signed with Inter this year, maybe they could've been part of a player swap plus cash deal for Lukaku. Their other assets are Brozovic and Icardi, I'd happily take Brozovic. A midfield consisting of Pogba, Broz and McTom would be quite nice.

But I think United just want cash

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Send him on loan to Cardiff. There's wanting out, and then there's acting like a petulant manchild.

This reeks of Coutihno all over again, players putting themselves above club and contract. Manchester United asking price is marketprice, they are not overpricing Lukaku. He does not get to dictate the club to sell him at low cost just because he is unhappy.

He is entirely free to pay the club the difference if he wants to leave that badly.

prateik

None of the parties involved want this scenario - we don’t want him around, even if he’s training with the kids (aside from the significant health and safety issues - he’s likely to try and eat someone small like Gomes).
Of course no one wants it.. and it wont happen.. If he doesnt move, he will train and be around the squad.. probably move in Jan..

The point is, we dont have to sell him for less than what we think we can get..

He isnt going to run down his contract.. his value isnt going to drop. Who ever wants him, will have to pay.

Stadjer

I am very curious to hear his media stories if he finally leaves. I bet he is going to blame it on Manchester United and not at all on his own failings to control a ball or score chances someone with his reputation should always score.

prateik

It's actually not true, if we officially and continuously ask him to train with the reserve and play him in less than 10% of the games played then he can terminate his contract with sporting just cause.
I thought it was just games played and training with the reserves wasnt a factor.

I was saying if he is refusing to train, he probably cant make the case for not being picked.. He will keep getting fined until he returns to training.

crossy1686

career ending
I thought it was just games played and training with the reserves wasnt a factor.

I was saying if he is refusing to train, he probably cant make the case for not being picked.. He will keep getting fined until he returns to training.
Any fine he gets this week will be dwarfed by his signing on fee at his new club. He won’t give a shit about that.

Eric's Seagull

Really disappointed our window has come to this. Was very optimistic at the start of it. To not replace Herrera was absolutely crazy. Think we needed two signing. If Pogba is ijured or doesn't turn up we are screwed. I feel McTominay will improve but we need at least one person in there besides him, if he has injury what have to replace him with at the moment is not up to the level. Nearly anyone can see Matic' legs have gone and he needs to go when his contract expires at the end of the season. Woody please do something very special in the next day or it's gonna be a very tough season:annoyed:

prateik

Any fine he gets this week will be dwarfed by his signing on fee at his new club. He won’t give a shit about that.
If we get the money we are asking for, I dont care what he gets. If Inter drag it out till the end of the transfer window (is it the end if Aug for Italy?), then we save 400k.. Good for us.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

The games played will give the right to terminate his contract while forcing him to train with the reserve will strengthen his case.

Bwuk

Are Inter in the Europa or Champions League?

Would love Maguire to kick Lukaku about.

JPRouve

Scout
Is it? I thought they'd said it had to expire or be agreed by both parties?
I don't really know what you are talking about but it's the rule 16 of the regulations on the status and transfers of players about terminating a contract with sporting just cause. Basically a professional player has to appear in at least 10% of his team official matches otherwise he has a just cause.

Nick7

I don't really know what you are talking about but it's the rule 16 of the regulations on the status and transfers of players about terminating a contract with sporting just cause. Basically a professional player has to appear in at least 10% of his team official matches otherwise he has a just cause.
Have any players actually done that?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Atletico bought Morata for 67m. I’m not sure of why 75m is not enough for Lukaku?

But maybe Inter wants to pay in ten installments?

JPRouve

Scout
Have any players actually done that?
I think that I heard about one player doing it or thinking about it but it's a stupid situation in the first place because it's very easy to put a player in for a grand total of 5-6 games and clubs aren't as emotional as fans, if a player really wants to leave they will sell him when he has value or release him from his contract when he isn't worth much.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
He's correct, though it's not a flat 10% of games. If a player signs with the expectation of being a first teamer, and simply is frozen out, he has a case for termination.
Gotcha (better explained).

But presumably if Mr First Touch refuses to train here (properly) and do everything else correctly, he wouldn't have "just cause", 10% or otherwise?

Nick7

I think that I heard about one player doing it or thinking about it but it's a stupid situation in the first place because it's very easy to put a player in for a grand total of 5-6 games and clubs aren't as emotional as fans, if a player really wants to leave they will sell him when he has value or release him from his contract when he isn't worth much.
Yeah I get you.

I've always wondered why players don't take advantage of the Webster ruling but I'd say clubs would blackball players for that.

owlo

Gotcha (better explained).

But presumably if Mr First Touch refuses to train here (properly) and do everything else correctly, he wouldn't have "just cause", 10% or otherwise?
Correct. Article 15 provides it as a BASIS for a case for just cause. If he plays less than 10% of available minutes (eg. if hes not fit because hes been training with Anderlecht U18 the first few games of the season may not be counted etc) AND he terminates within 15 days of the end of the season. However it's heavily discretionary and pretty untested waters; he would be taking a big risk that he doesn't lose the case [in which case his termination would be considered unilateral.]

tdlr; it's not going to happen with Lukaku. Not enough precedent for either side to take such risks, when he can just be transferred out.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Apologies if this has already been posted, but i was just reading an article about some of the things happening behind the scenes with this whole situation. The article i was reading was referencing another article written by Adam Crafton from The Athletic. Some snippets here:

Lukaku hasn't spoken to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer since last Friday and it seems a major part of the problem is Paul Pogba.

"There is also truth in reports of a drastic deterioration in his (Lukaku's) relationship with Pogba," Crafton wrote.

"The pair exchanged words last season and Lukaku is also baffled by the way Pogba's pre-season hints at a transfer have been indulged by Solskjaer.

"By contrast, Lukaku believes his own professionalism has only cost him precious time in pre-season training with a new club."

Lukaku feels hard done by, but it's important to note that back in April he said playing in Serie A would be a "dream".

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Lukaku did the same at Everton. When he doesn't get his way he acts like a big baby.

Mourinho gave him every chance under the sun and he failed to deliver, good riddance.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
It all went wrong when we stopped singing that song...

MDFC Manager

I find it quite funny that he's ok with moving to move to either of 2 clubs, while actively pissing off his existing club. What an arsehole!

bleedred

And some of our fans wanted Maguire to do something like this, if he wanted a move!

Status
Not open for further replies.