Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zed 101

I like the fella TBH, seems a good guy so some of the comments on here are a bit OTT for me, I think the bottom line is Lukaku does not fit a high tempo style where he is expected to track back and defend, even with imporved fitness I cannot see him bridging the gap. That said playing him in the right system he is a productive goalscorer, I have absolutely no doubt he could go elsewhere in the prem and look the business, in Italy I reckon he will rack them up.

I all seriousness for his sake I hope he gets the move, he may well suffer a heart attack if Ole plays him on our right wing too often.

Nr.7

According to latest reports United’s asking price is £70m and Inter is reluctant to go north of £50m.

So can we as fans of Manchester United all chip in to raise the extra £20m for Inter? :)

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
I like the fella TBH, seems a good guy so some of the comments on here are a bit OTT for me, I think the bottom line is Lukaku does not fit a high tempo style where he is expected to track back and defend, even with imporved fitness I cannot see him bridging the gap. That said playing him in the right system he is a productive goalscorer, I have absolutely no doubt he could go elsewhere in the prem and look the business, in Italy I reckon he will rack them up.

I all seriousness for his sake I hope he gets the move, he may well suffer a heart attack if Ole plays him on our right wing too often.
I’m with you, I really like Rom, seems like a really good dude. Has always respected the club and had some big moments for us, but if Ole needs a different type of striker then I’m ok with the move. He just wasn’t as consistent of a player as we needed.

Jibbs

So here's what I wish should happen. United Offer them Lukaku plus 20 or 30 m for Milan Skriniar. Buy De Ligt for 60 to 70 m . CBs Sorted for only 100 m.

Patrick08

I don't think we will sell him for that cheap without adequate replacement. At the moment lets go with players who can create more and provide him with better service up front .

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Desperate to go to Inter but wants us to take the financial hit.

Well, that’s one dressing room virus confirmed. Waste of space.

Baneofthegame

There was that rumour Napoli was also interested, maybe send him + 30 million for KK?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If we are going to accept a player swap + cash from Inter:
Lautaro Martinez + £30m would be a great deal for us.
That would be the most Inter move ever as well. They are terrible at exchanging players.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
So here's what I wish should happen. United Offer them Lukaku plus 20 or 30 m for Milan Skriniar. Buy De Ligt for 60 to 70 m . CBs Sorted for only 100 m.
Yeah Lukaku is literally zero value right?

Decomposing In Paris

I had a similar thought with Koulibaly :drool: & De Ligt... £120m + Rom maybe? Sell Darmian and Rojo for a combined £10m... buy a good DM and a RB and just win loads of matches 1-0 & players like Sancho will want to play for us again.

Skriniar isn't going anywhere though, the circumstances of his new contract negotiation proved that.

Jibbs

I had a similar thought with Koulibaly :drool: & De Ligt... £120m + Rom maybe? Sell Darmian and Rojo for a combined £10m... buy a good DM and a RB and just win loads of matches 1-0 & players like Sancho will want to play for us again.

Skriniar isn't going anywhere though, the circumstances of his new contract negotiation proved that.
Yeah I was thinking the same today... Offer Napoli Lukaku and Darmian for Koulibaly. We can sweeten the deal by offering Bailly instead of Darmian.

We can buy De Ligt for the amount we will get by Selling De Gea, Darmian or Rojo. That's our CBs sorted. I won't necessarily spend on GK and trust Romero for an year.
Get AWB for right back.

As for Midfield. Get Rabiot and Bruno. Two solid mids for 60, 70m in total.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
There was that rumour Napoli was also interested, maybe send him + 30 million for KK?
What a terrible deal for us.

Why do people overprice KK and underprice Lukaku? If KK is worth 80m, Lukaku is worth 75m too using the same scale.

flappyjay

We would best hanging on to him until we find a proper replacement. I want him sold as much as the next guy but getting someone less effective would be troublesome

AJ10

Brilliant one touch football by lukaku, great strikers instinct and great block.

:lol:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
That miss, words defy me.

His goal was a header where he out muscles the defender , don’t think anyone questioned that he is good at that sort of thing.
With great movement, why is no one commenting on his bloody movement!!
People on here are so blinded they can't even give the guy praise when he shows class movement.

Irwin99

He still looks absolutely massive in that clip. Thought he was losing a bit of it towards the end of the season.

AshRK

I know what you are but what am I. Or some other generic pissing contest insult.
You know nothing Mr. Fuji. Anyways you proved my original point that lukaku's goal spoiled your party. Tada now.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
People on here are so blinded they can't even give the guy praise when he shows class movement.
His movement is usually wank, so maybe they don’t want to praise him doing something when it’s the minimum you expect from a number 9.

That miss is noteworthy though, because it’s a fecking sitter and the lump cost a near world record fee. He’s a joke at this point.

The last time he moved with purpose was when they opened the doors to his local Greggs.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
His movement is usually wank, so maybe they don’t want to praise him doing something when it’s the minimum you expect from a number 9.

That miss is noteworthy though, because it’s a fecking sitter and the lump cost a near world record fee. He’s a joke at this point.
The miss isn't great, but it was fired at him. Bale just missed an easier chance in the Wales game, it happens.
His movement was superb for the goal, intelligent movement is something that should be praised whether it's expected or not.

onemanarmy

He just got interviewed on Belgian tv. He knows where he’s playing next season and he had to make the right decision for his career. Seems he’s leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.