Lukaku's non-celebrations

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Lukaku played for West Brom, that might be why he didnt celebrate?

Galactico

He’s just angry with himself for not investing in bitcoin.

Anyway, let’s not forget one of the most memorable celebrations ever was almost a non celebration.

CristianH

Supports
Inter Milan
The moment he didn't celebrated his gol, the first tought that cross my mind was: I'm sure someone will make a topic about this in redcafe.

I'm okey with that. :D

Todd

Literally does not matter at all what he does after scoring, as long as he doesn't do anything that draws a card.

Years ago there was a kicker in the NFL that blew out his knee celebrating after making a field goal, no joke. So standing there and doing nothing isn't too bad in the scheme of things.

Pacificgi

Only thing that annoys me about him not celebrating is people like gary neville trying to make a big deal out of it.

Lets hope he does it another 20 plus times this season

Minimalist

Hope when we eventually win the league instead of lifting the trophy he just stands beside it stone-faced awaiting his applause.

Andersons Dietician

He’s just angry with himself for not investing in bitcoin.

Anyway, let’s not forget one of the most memorable celebrations ever was almost a non celebration.
Still brings Goosebumps. I actually quite like the Lukaku non celebration, it’s kind of a celebration anyway so hopefully we see it a hell of a lot more this season.

Jaybomb

We’re 11 behind City. He would look like a right knob if he was running around the pitch doing knee slides.

He’s being realistic. There’s not much to celebrate right now. If he scores in the Champions League, I’m sure he will go mental.

Its a good thing. It shows that he has the United mentality, cause the fact is we shouldn’t be happy right now.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Who gives a shit?

Maybe he feels he is to blame for the bigger points gap with City, which in part he is for his part in their goals. But really, who gives a shit if a player celebrates or not - as long as he keeps scoring.

engulfing

Who cares if he celebrates, the stupid commentators were talking about it because the match was boring and there wasn't much else to talk about. Im happy he is scoring again and there is some marginal improvement in his link up ability. It shows the coaching staff are working with him to improve.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
We’re 11 behind City. He would look like a right knob if he was running around the pitch doing knee slides.

He’s being realistic. There’s not much to celebrate right now. If he scores in the Champions League, I’m sure he will go mental.

Its a good thing. It shows that he has the United mentality, cause the fact is we shouldn’t be happy right now.
This.

United players shouldn't be happy with our place in the PL - especially after that disgraceful non-performance against the bitters.

If I was a Utd player (or manager), that home performance would bother me until I'd rectified it.

Pace Abuser

He's done that celebration before. It's a celebration. He stands with his arms out on the spot he scored as if to say "yup, business biatch"

James Peril

A striker should always celebrate a goal if we’re winning, no matter what. He’s got an agenda because he knows about the criticism (these guys definitely read forums and articles), and it’s not helping him by trying to be sazzy about it.

Jaybomb

A striker should always celebrate a goal if we’re winning, no matter what. He’s got an agenda because he knows about the criticism (these guys definitely read forums and articles), and it’s not helping him by trying to be sazzy about it.
Not helping him? He’s scored two in two. :houllier:

prath92

Who cares? Not like we get another goal if the celebration is a good one

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He used to play for WBA.

He only celebrated against Everton because their supporters took the piss out of him.
Now even the "pundits" on Skysports need to give their comment. Especially Neville is one of the top hellenes there. Clear why he was not celebrating

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Mourinho didn't celebrate either.

When both a manager and a centre forward don't celebrate an opening goal, what does that mean? Perhaps one of the resident Body Language Analysts can answer. Show your work.
They feel they don't deserve to celebrate because they should be doing a lot better.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I find it refreshing, especially when compared to the choreographed post-goal crap that some of our other players exhibit. Act like you've been there before.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Not sure why he’s doing it, but I don’t really care. The only worrying thing is that he’s not handling the criticism well and is getting back by not celebrating. But I suppose he’s shutting up the doubters with 2 sublime headers, so fair craic

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Yeah it's just pointless playing in the league and it doesn't matter if we finish 2nd or 15th at all.

Come on, there is plenty to play for even if we don't win the league.

minoo-utd

I love when I see our players are happy playing for us but as long as his work rate is terrific then he is free to do what he wants, hope he continues scoring that's all what really matters.

snk123

imo it's clearly because he was at fault in the city game and was abused/criticised/and booed occasionally by the fans. He knows he has not endeared himself to the fans yet and he's still angry about the city result and the stick he got.

IRELANDUNITED

He had a terrible game against City, which may have costed us any chance to catch them, so don't think he'll go mad in celebration for a while, till he scores a really important goal.

God know when that'll happen :confused:

lsd

The Oracle
Can't believe anyone thought this was worthy of a thread