Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I think he won't care about trying to get back into the team. His English team mate Harry is dropped and I hope they don't form a toxic duo

united for life

Have always defended him hoping he would get back to his showerto carlos form. But he didn’t and here we have malacia looking like the new big thing at left back. Shaw has no right to start ahead of malacia

Idxomer

Unlike Maguire, he can still have a role in a team who wants to compete against the top clubs.

I'm not sure he'll ever change his playing habits, especially his lack of intensity so it's probably best to move him on next season.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
What’s so frustrating to even think about with Shaw is there’s no reason why he can’t watch last night’s game, see the effort his challenger to LB put in, and use it as fire for himself. Instead, the expectation I have is he will sulk and not even try to reclaim his spot.

Malacia coming in and taking his spot off him, despite not being a superior player should embarrass him and make him want to put the young upstart in his place, but it won’t, will it? In terms of ability I’d say Shaw is above Malacia, but in terms of application, the gulf between them is bigger than the one for their talent, which makes it a no-brainer who should be our LB from now on.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Shaw has been at United nearly 10 years and, in that time, he's had 1 maybe 1 and a half good seasons.

His contract is coming to an end in the not too distant future. United should be very, very cautious about giving him a new one. He's the best paid fullback in the league and he's done nothing to justify that. Renewing his contract, even on current terms, would be throwing good money after bad.

spiriticon

I wouldn't renew at all. If we can let Pogba go, we can let Shaw go too.

Time to refresh the LB position.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He’s someone we can actually get a decent fee for (~£20m). Should really be looking to sell him.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I think he won't care about trying to get back into the team. His English team mate Harry is dropped and I hope they don't form a toxic duo
Their influence is diminishing. There is a new boss in town, and for once at United, it is the manager

Sylar

Really interesting to see what happens with him. Bar that one season that Shaw had (prior to the world cup and then getting the goal in the WC final), hes not had any seasons to shout about. Hes had good games, moments but not really runs put together (And obviously the injury).

You would hope that Malacia taking his place and performing like that would be good for United, because competition is always a great thing. Will see if thats the case however.

JeffFromHK

There is a huge gulf between him and Malacia in terms of aggressiveness and fight mentality

Shaw plays like a 50 years old civil servant bored with his job.

arthurka

There was a shot of him and Harry talking into their hands and AWB looking beyond bored next to them.
We spent 160m on this dynamic trio.. Money well and truly spent given that Shaw was bought 8 years ago.

Oranges038

I find it funny that even when he hasn't played and Utd have won this is still on the front page.

It must be a measure of how awful and disliked they've become that even after last night both his and Maguire's performance threads are two of the most popular.

Bwuk

There is a huge gulf between him and Malacia in terms of aggressiveness and fight mentality

Shaw plays like a 50 years old civil servant bored with his job.
This is and always has been Shaws biggest issue. He's lazy.

SmallCaine

Looks like we have found 1 manager he is unlikely to outlast. Maguire and Ronaldo for all their issues have no like for like replacements which means if they stay they will have atleast a few chances to win their place back. Shaw on the other seems done for good, get a good rb and we never have to see his lazy strolling on the field ever again.

Djemba-Djemba

Been here nearly 10 years, had a good 18 months during the height of covid when stadiums were empty.

Fans returned and he almost immediately went right back to being shite.

Not good enough.

I’m loving my life

Both him and Maguire would be good in Serie A with the rest of our rejects. The pace would suit them down to the ground

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Imagine ETH storming into his house Fergie style and looking into his fridge seeing rows of full fat coke

RuudTom83

I doubt Luke cares enough to fight for his place…he uses actual game time to get fit so without being first choice he has no hope.

criticalanalysis

What’s so frustrating to even think about with Shaw is there’s no reason why he can’t watch last night’s game, see the effort his challenger to LB put in, and use it as fire for himself. Instead, the expectation I have is he will sulk and not even try to reclaim his spot.

Malacia coming in and taking his spot off him, despite not being a superior player should embarrass him and make him want to put the young upstart in his place, but it won’t, will it? In terms of ability I’d say Shaw is above Malacia, but in terms of application, the gulf between them is bigger than the one for their talent, which makes it a no-brainer who should be our LB from now on.
I'm not sure about that. He hasn't had much genuine competition ever since he arrived at the club. The only times he's been benched is when the manager (Mourinho) clearly didn't fancy him or he was injured (LVG/Ole). The one time it did happen with Telles, he had his best season.

Like others, I'm ready to give up on him if he doesn't improve. It's a bit sad how much hope/benefit of the doubt I can continue to give (much like with Rashford and yes even with Maguire) but I think it won't be as clear cut as some may think in terms of his place in the squad like AWB, who has almost certified his (lack of) seniority.

I think also with ETH, he won't let Shaw or others (like him that has genuine good ability) fade into obscurity purely because we will need him over the course of a season and his talents suit his ideology perfectly. Obviously I am more hopeful than anything but it's bit of a gut feeling. I feel Shaw will respond as for the first time in a long while, we actually have a coach/manager with a clear idea of playing style and that it also suits Shaw's game. The way he has started the season in terms of fitness and intensity is genuinely disgraceful though so who knows, I may have got this horrendously wrong. We will see....

DevTheRed

Hopefully the competition gives him a kick up the a*se.. there’s a player there but for whatever reason he only shows up for a few months at a time then goes missing for another year or two.

Cloud7

There was a shot of him and Harry talking into their hands and AWB looking beyond bored next to them.
We spent 160m on this dynamic trio.. Money well and truly spent given that Shaw was bought 8 years ago.
I’ve never wanted rid of a group of players from the club as much as I do these three

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I think he’s one of these footballers that see it as a job and don’t have that deep passion to push themselves and excel. It’s a shame. I hope we manage to move him on next season. Would rather Malacia and Telles with Fernandez to take Telles’ place in future years.

OleGunnar20

I think he’s one of these footballers that see it as a job and don’t have that deep passion to push themselves and excel. It’s a shame. I hope we manage to move him on next season. Would rather Malacia and Telles with Fernandez to take Telles’ place in future years.
He does give off that vibe.

I hope we cut him loose next jan / summer. He's had more than enough time to find some consistency, he just doesn't have it in him. Malacia looks an excellent prospect as does Fernandez a couple of years behind him. We'll be better off without him.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Out of the box thinking:

He’s a better player than Dalot. But is he a better right back than Dalot? I for one would be intrigued to see if he could play like an inverted right back, a bit like how Cancelo plays left back for City. His touch and passing might come in handy there. A bit problematic though with two lefties on the right, if we buy Antony..

Thoughts?

hazldinho

Think this could be a good game to drop him into this weekend against a former club. It's the kind of thing Fergie would have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.