Luke Shaw | Deal done! Almost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_F

I wonder who will start next season as first choice. I guess Shaw will be going on the tour, whereas Evra will have an extended break, with France going further in the World Cup.
With all the previous rumours about Evra leaving it's great he extended his contract for a year, I just wonder if he expected to be back up.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
All I can think of is that it's a lot of money for a Left-Back... who might not be ready yet.

feck, between this and the Herrara transfer... I should probably stop being such a negative bastard.

Red Comet

You're asleep. You'll wake soon to find a midfield pairing of Giggs and O'Shea again.

John O'Shea was great in his debut season, he looked like the next Dennis Irwin. Shame how his career have to turn out.

He will forever be a legend with that goal against Liverpool.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Great signing he is exactly the player we needed, if we can get a good ten years out of him that will be great.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
John O'Shea was great in his debut season, he looked like the next Dennis Irwin. Shame how his career have to turn out.

5 league titles, an FA Cup, 3 league Cups and a Champions League winners medal.

Utter shame how his career "turned out"

Red Comet

5 league titles, an FA Cup, 3 league Cups and a Champions League winners medal.

Utter shame how his career "turned out"
He didn't exactly fulfill his early promise, and became a bit-part player that was played all over the pitch thanks in part to his great versatility.

Now he's fighting relegation at Sunderland. If he were better he could have remained at Utd to become a club legend.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He didn't exactly fulfill his early promise, and became a bit-part player that was played all over the pitch thanks in part to his great versatility.

Now he's fighting relegation at Sunderland. If he were better he could have remained at Utd to become a club legend.
He played just under 400 times in 11 seasons with the club, that isn't "bit part" no matter which way you slice it. He is a wrongly maligned part of our recent success, success which was built off of the back of players like him, not achieved in spite of.

Nozzy

I wonder who will start next season as first choice. I guess Shaw will be going on the tour, whereas Evra will have an extended break, with France going further in the World Cup.
With all the previous rumours about Evra leaving it's great he extended his contract for a year, I just wonder if he expected to be back up.
With the relatively easy opening fixtures, it's perfect to throw the lad straight in;)

bleedred

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28048866

Luke Shaw: Man Utd expected to sign defender after medical
Southampton and England defender Luke Shaw is expected to sign for Manchester United following a medical, reports BBC Radio Solent.

United made a bid of £27m for the 18-year-old left-back in May, but the offer was rejected.

It is believed a fee may now have been agreed, with a medical scheduled.

Shaw became the youngest player to feature at the 2014 World Cup when he played the full game in England's 0-0 draw with Costa Rica on Tuesday.

Earlier on Thursday, United confirmed the signing of Spain midfielder Ander Herrera, 24, from Athletic Bilbao for a fee believed to be £29m.

bishblaize

Yeah nutmegged Figo an all that.

Crap in midfield though. But decent in net. Who knew?

Crustanoid

Will they be delaying his unveiling so that they can announce Vidal, Sanchez etc at the same time?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Not to pour any cold water but if there were to wait, why did they unveil ander first? :(
Ander forced Utd's hand. He plastered himself all over twitter in United clobber. :lol:

Jev

Having not seen much other than United this season, my initial reaction is that this is an obscene amount of money and that no 18-year-old left-back could justify that price tag. What do the people who've watched him a lot say? Is he potentially one of the best left-backs in the history of football? Is he an attacking full-back or stronger defensively? And so fourth.

Red Comet

He played just under 400 times in 11 seasons with the club, that isn't "bit part" no matter which way you slice it. He is a wrongly maligned part of our recent success, success which was built off of the back of players like him, not achieved in spite of.
I think you might have misunderstood me, I think he has been a great servant of the club and part of our success when he was here. I'm only lamenting that he could have achieved more if he fulfilled the initial promise he showed in his 1st season when he was mostly playing at full back, rather than shunted all over the pitch.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hopefully if he fulfills his potential we have that position sorted for a number of years.

Now to the Vidal/strootman/Sanchez and feck it, even the C.Ronaldo and Sneijder threads!

Jev

Hopefully if he fulfills his potential we have that position sorted for a number of years.

Now to the Vidal/strootman/Sanchez and feck it, even the C.Ronaldo and Sneijder threads!
That must have been a typo.

Status
Not open for further replies.