g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Luke Shaw | Deal done! Almost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStarUnited

Considering a few pages ago, someone was ridiculing SSN and saying they had no clue, because they reported he was having his medical today, while other sources said he'd done it last night, and now it looking like the reverse, no one has a clue(as usual) it seems.
It was said to be a 2 part medical, first part yesterday, second part today.

RedBistro

What scorgasm said.

Think Serge is a numpty bollocks to be honest, done it with Herrera too.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I wonder why nobody have posted any pictures from Carrington. Previously there's always been pre-transfer pictures taken, so either Carrington has been locked up tight or the media is affraid.
Same as Herrera two days ago. The pictures he took with Sir Bobby were known about the night before, they could only be shown once he signed.

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
BREAKING NEWS ON SKY SPORTS NEWS:

Shaw still hasn't had medical, expected to be a United player later today, then he's off on holiday.

(Just watched this break live)

Seveneric

It was said to be a 2 part medical, first part yesterday, second part today.
That's a new one, proves my point even more, and now with the SSN quotes above saying he's not even had a medical yet today after all, when it was "medicals done, being showed around OT, only announcement left". Like I said, no clue.

Blair

Althogh I'm not usually too fussed about the figures quoted, I just hope it still leaves us enough funds to strenghen other key areas properly (CM and centre half).

Juan't Mata

Delighted with this and Herrera. Proper United signings. Have no issue with the transfer fee, in fact it's encouraging to see the club doesn't appear to be penny pinching.

Add left footed CB and I'd be very happy. Add in a stop gap midfielder to bridge the gap to Strootman and a winger and I'd be on a perma-horn until August.

Blair

Delighted with this and Herrera. Proper United signings. Have no issue with the transfer fee, in fact it's encouraging to see the club doesn't appear to be penny pinching.

Add left footed CB and I'd be very happy. Add in a stop gap midfielder to bridge the gap to Strootman and a winger and I'd be on a perma-horn until August.
And what happens with this stop gap midfielder after Strootman arrives?

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
OK this is how I see this..

ON the plus side:

Young,dynamic,potential star,english (could stay for 10-15 years),great player..

ON the negative:

30m-35 is his final value, we won´t get more if we sell him later on (Alves left for 23m, 7m being add-ons being one of the best LB in the world)..
Pressure moving to United on a high signing fee could break him.
Needs to play all the games to develop which could become a problem at United.

I want to sign this guy but this is getting to the crazy side of football..
When you break it down, if he plays 15 years, that would be £2m a year transfer for someone with great dynamism and solid defence. Even if he only reaches P.Neville's level as an average standard that would surely be worth the money. If he was 28 you might get more certainty, but you'll never get the spread on transfer fee to justify the cost.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
OK this is how I see this..

ON the plus side:

Young,dynamic,potential star,english (could stay for 10-15 years),great player..

ON the negative:

30m-35 is his final value, we won´t get more if we sell him later on (Alves left for 23m, 7m being add-ons being one of the best LB in the world)..
Pressure moving to United on a high signing fee could break him.
Needs to play all the games to develop which could become a problem at United.

I want to sign this guy but this is getting to the crazy side of football..
On 2 July 2008, Alves joined FC Barcelona. He left Sevilla in tears and said that he would love to play for Sevilla again. He said that he came to Sevilla as a boy and is now leaving as a man, but later broke down in tears at the press conference.[18] The official price of the transfer stood at £23 million up front, with about £7 million more depending on a number of performance-related factors over the next few seasons of Alves' Barcelona career, making him the world's most expensive defender[19] and the third most expensive player bought by Barça. He signed a four-year contract with Barcelona, that includes a buy-out clause of €90 million.
Key word highlighted. Will be a similar transfer fee, but Alves was about 25. That is approx 6 years less, as Shaw is basically 19. Yes Alves was more established, hence a premium that Shaw maybe hasn't earned, but there is a premium for English players and he has shown heaps of potential and actual ability.

arthurka

When you break it down, if he plays 15 years, that would be £2m a year transfer for someone with great dynamism and solid defence. Even if he only reaches P.Neville's level as an average standard that would surely be worth the money. If he was 28 you might get more certainty, but you'll never get the spread on transfer fee to justify the cost.
Dont get me wrong. I love that we are getting this guy, but this fee is borderline crazy. Not all players turn out as planned and its a huge risk. But i am glad we are signing him..

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
James Ducker says the fee is £27m but "the fee could rise to about £31 million depending on the 18-year-old’s success at the club."

RuudTom83

Completed more crosses than Tony V and Nani combined last season
hehe gotta love all these comparisons with last seasons performance.

After the worst season at United that I can remember, comparisons are gormless!

This is not meant as a pop at you @gormless :)

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I wonder why nobody have posted any pictures from Carrington. Previously there's always been pre-transfer pictures taken, so either Carrington has been locked up tight or the media is affraid.
In the past, the pre-transfer photos have been at Bridgewater when players were having their medical. As that is no longer the case and players now have medicals at the Aon Training Complex it's harder to get photos as Carrington has always been closed off.

King_Eric

In the past, the pre-transfer photos have been at Bridgewater when players were having their medical. As that is no longer the case and players now have medicals at the Aon Training Complex it's harder to get photos as Carrington has always been closed off.
No need for these rigorous measures anymore though

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Shaw @ Carrington :drool:

Edit: old picture,
sorry
Feck sake. Look at what he's driving and compare it to what I'm driving! He's only 18... two years younger than me! And that's before he picks up his weekly cheque of £100k!

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Happy days, Herrera, Shaw, got a 2:1. All I need now is Vidal, a job and some KFC and it's pretty much the greatest day of my life.

Y2A

No need for these rigorous measures anymore though

:lol: I remember people drooling over "that ass" and also yea that was the shittiest cover up job ever. FFS look at them idiots holding the white sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.