Luke Shaw | Deal done! Almost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sorry if this has been posted before, but here's Gary Neville's thoughts on Shaw, it's from March:

I’ve watched Luke Shaw live a few times this season for Southampton but the staggering thing to me after seeing him in training with England this week has been his age, he’s just 18. To do what he’s doing at 18 years old really is incredible. I think with England we’re very blessed at left back with Danny Rose, Luke Shaw, Ashley Cole, Leighton Baines and Kieran Gibbs. You wouldn’t be let down by any one of them playing at the World Cup. There’s such strength in depth in that position it’s incredible.

Watching Shaw at close hand this week, he’s got such power in his running. He drives forward and has a real change of pace and power to pull away from people. He’s had a great upbringing at Southampton where they bring through players with a real level of intelligence and good heads on their shoulders. He’s got good physical presence for an 18 year old and he’ll just improve and improve.

I played for England when I was 20, but two years is a long time in football so to be playing at 18 is fantastic, not many people play for England at that age. He has got the ability to play further up the pitch in the future as he’s like a winger when he goes forward. He can cross the ball, he can beat men, he can play one-twos…but so can Leighton Baines. So can Ashley Cole, he’s been doing that for 10 or 12 years. Danny Rose is fantastic going forward, so is Kieran Gibbs. They’re all fantastic players, really modern full backs.

The potential in Shaw is enormous. He’s a real talent. To be doing what he’s doing now, along with the fact that he works hard, means you’ve got someone who’ll go to the top of the game.

Adam-Utd

I'm certain Herrera and shaw was supposed to be a double announcement, but Herrera jumped the gun. Great news!

NinjaFletch

#Woodyout #repeatoflastsummer #redcafemeltdowninmay

That lot look fecking stupid now.

PlayerOne

Encouraging words from Nev, especially since we know he's a harsh critic at times. It doesn't take somebody of Gary's stature to notice what a talent Shaw is though.
He makes an interesting point in saying that Shaw could play as a winger in the future, maybe we can convert him like Spurs did with Bale.

Getsme

Done deal, now this is the summer we were all expecting, long may it continue.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
That thought has gone through my mind before TBH :lol:

But to hell with it, Woody deserves at updated version of the Ozil GIF

I have to admit, the intention of my post was to coerce you into providing us with a gif. Thank you for delivering.

Adam-Utd

Shaw has changed his twitter Bio. It's official!

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This has been great week for us! On to the next one...

tippex

both shaw a herrera's twitter accounts updated before official announcement from club schweeeet

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Signing defenders rarely excites me but very happy it's done. Welcome Luke!

Status
Not open for further replies.