Luke Shaw | Deal done! Almost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NK86

We'll look after Januzaj you don't have to worry about that. Just look at how we treated Ronaldo and Rooney as they rose in stature. We're a club that has always rewarded players with better contracts as they develop.
I don't have a doubt about that. We generally do handle it well but I am more worried about the advisers on Januzaj's side. Plus, didn't Rooney and Ronaldo start on similar wages? The disparity, if as huge as being reported, could be a thorn later. Though it might not be, as you said the club handles these situations well.

Utd7

With the season over, can transfers be officially announced by the club now and then the player joins July 1st?

acnumber9

It's not a myth. If Shaw is on 75-100 k/week and Januzaj is on 45 k/week, his advisers may not feel too happy about it.
Utd can't afford to turn down players because it might upset another's advisors.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
If Adnan wanted the money, he'd have gone to PSG. Didn't his Dad also say that Anderlecht offered him better terms than United did when we first pinched him. He doesn't seem to be a mercenary at this stage. He might develop into one though. Plenty do.

nevillestache

I'm sure Adnan's agent, who just last week was boasting about making his client the highest paid teenager in world football, will show his dissatisfaction with the matter.

Loon

:lol:
It is refreshing we've thrown the money down on the table and said we want a player. Makes a change from the seemingly endless arse-wiggling throughout the summer we've endured in recent years.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
You could say that about any player you sign, even Shaw as some have pointed out he is a Chelsea fan and may itch for a move there in 5 years time on a free.

You can't be scared to sign players just because they may angle for a move to Spain/Germany (I'm sorry Ronaldo put the fear of God into you in that respect). I mean if you had that attitude you wouldn't have signed Vidic/Evra (both here for about 8 years), you wouldn't have signed De Gea (here for3 years and not angling for a route back home). You have to trust that Manchester United is a big club in its own right and that majority of players do stay for a long time on their own volition.
In regards to Vidic/Evra any club they went back to wouldn't have been any where near as successful as us, and at the time of their peak we were second best to arguably the best club team in Barcelona, so why would you leave. Plus Vidic was the captain, and Evra has always spoke about his love of the club from day one, so I was never worried that they would leave.

De Gea as well, he's an Athletico man, there's no way he'll go to Real Madrid, Barcelona maybe but it looks like they're gonna get Ter Stegen for the next 10+ years so it seems unlikely, and even then De Gea has stated a desire to emulate the great United GK's of the past too, and he loves the club now that he's settled in.

Ronaldo is different because he became the world's best player, and he stated a desire to play for Real Madrid at some point in his life for years, plus with an £80m it's incredibly difficult to say no to.

With Shaw, even though he's a Chelsea fan it doesn't automatically mean he'll be itching to play for Chelsea, otherwise we might as well put in a bid for Ramsey. He's a professional. He'll be thinking about what's best for his career, and United have a long track record of developing young British talent, Chelsea don't. Plus we don't sell to our rivals, and if Shaw does fulfil his potential we definitely wouldn't sell to Chelsea unless they make an offer you cannot refuse.

I don't think that Moreno or Rodriguez will be considered as one of the great left backs in the world, in say 5 years time, however I think Shaw will along with Alaba, Alba and Coentrao etc.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It's not a myth. If Shaw is on 75-100 k/week and Januzaj is on 45 k/week, his advisers may not feel too happy about it.
Januzaj was given a 5 figure weekly-wage 2 months into his senior career.

United always look to extend and reward young players when they're developing. It's a myth because quite frankly it's none of their business what United are forced to pay to secure the services of someone else. They and Januzaj were happy in October with what they were offered (apparently he was given the largest signing-on fee of any teenager) so I'm pretty certain this hypothetical scenario of Januzaj spitting his dummy out because a new player earns more money than him is quite mythical - just as people assumed Nani would/should be annoyed that Ashley Young allegedly earns more than him.

NK86

Utd can't afford to turn down players because it might upset another's advisors.
I am not saying we should turn down Shaw. I am merely stating my concern on what it might lead to. Januzaj is a potentially better player than Shaw IMO and his advisors may not see it in the right light. Anyway, this is perhaps a discussion for the future.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
With the season over, can transfers be officially announced by the club now and then the player joins July 1st?
We could announce that we've made an agreement to sign player x on July 1st any time. It just becomes a lot more likely now that the season has ended and transfer dealings can start to happen without conflicting with League and Cup interests.

The Neviller

When Januzaj has played as many Premier League games as Shaw has then he'll most likely be on as much if not more. £45k a week is a pretty decent wage for an 18 year old who only made his breakthrough this season. Shaw is a season ahead in his development.

Januzaj has signed a 5 year contract, at terms that he and his agent feel suited him. In fact his agent is quoted as saying he's proud of how much Januzaj is getting. As and when that needs to rise with his stature in the game, it will.

Worry over nothing.

NK86

Januzaj was given a 5 figure weekly-wage 2 months into his senior career.

United always look to extend and reward young players when they're developing. It's a myth because quite frankly it's none of their business what United are forced to pay to secure the services of someone else. They and Januzaj were happy in October with what they were offered (apparently he was given the largest signing-on fee of any teenager) so I'm pretty certain this hypothetical scenario of Januzaj spitting his dummy out because a new player earns more money than him is quite mythical - just as people assumed Nani would/should be annoyed that Ashley Young allegedly earns more than him.
I honestly hope I am wrong and you are right in this.

NK86

When Januzaj has played as many Premier League games as Shaw has then he'll most likely be on as much if not more. £45k a week is a pretty decent wage for an 18 year old who only made his breakthrough this season. Shaw is a season ahead in his development.

Januzaj has signed a 5 year contract, at terms that he and his agent feel suited him. In fact his agent is quoted as saying he's proud of how much Januzaj is getting. As and when that needs to rise with his stature in the game, it will.

Worry over nothing.
Yeah just worried. Hope it is over nothing!

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
His advisors can go fook themselves if this 'upsets' them.....

The Neviller

Yeah just worried. Hope it is over nothing!
Well even if his agent starts looking for more money, he's tied down to a long term deal, he can't go anywhere for a while without our say so. And even then it'd be for big money.

He'll get his increase anyway, as he continues in his development. Shaw is a regular in a Premier league side who finished in the top 10. Januzaj, as exciting as he is, has been a bit part player this season. It's not hard to see why a more established teenager would be on a higher starting wage.

Januzaj will be rewarded as he progresses and becomes more established. As a club we've never been shy of doing that.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
His advisors can go fook themselves if this 'upsets' them.....
Outstanding way to negotiate with those looking after your brightest young talent.

Alternatively we commit to sitting down and renegotiating his wages at the end of, what looks likely to be, an excellent season for him. But we'd be doing that anyway no doubt in order to keep him with us and accurately reflect his worth to the team.

Striker10

Outstanding way to negotiate with those looking after your brightest young talent.

Alternatively we commit to sitting down and renegotiating his wages at the end of, what looks likely to be, an excellent season for him. But we'd be doing that anyway no doubt in order to keep him with us and accurately reflect his worth to the team.
Yeah 'cause i'm part of the negotiating team lol. Please..

Lu Tze

What are you people talking about. Januzaj signed a new deal in October and his agent talked about how delighted he was with it.

Quotes:

'He earns more than Ronaldo and Messi when they were 18'
"I can say Adnan's the best paid youngster in the world"
"money has never been a deciding factor in his choice."

Stop worrying about what Shaw will earn. Adnan will do just fine monetarily.

goin4glory

Why would we re negotiate when he only signed a new deal less than 9 months ago? Adnan is also yet to prove himself on the level that Shaw is currently at.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
You could say that about any player you sign, even Shaw as some have pointed out he is a Chelsea fan and may itch for a move there in 5 years time on a free.

You can't be scared to sign players just because they may angle for a move to Spain/Germany (I'm sorry Ronaldo put the fear of God into you in that respect). I mean if you had that attitude you wouldn't have signed Vidic/Evra (both here for about 8 years), you wouldn't have signed De Gea (here for3 years and not angling for a route back home). You have to trust that Manchester United is a big club in its own right and that majority of players do stay for a long time on their own volition.
Gerrard and Carragher were Everton fans, Ole was a Liverpool fan, Ramsey was a United fan. I could go on and on. They're professional footballers- the "fan" aspect is completely meaningless.

A1X

The other major factor to bear in mind when comparing Shaw and Adnan is that we are likely to expect Shaw to be a first team starter most weeks almost from the word go. We still don't expect this of Januzaj.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Gerrard and Carragher were Everton fans, Ole was a Liverpool fan, Ramsey was a United fan. I could go on and on. They're professional footballers- the "fan" aspect is completely meaningless.
That wasn't the point I was making. I was trying to an example reason why Shaw may move on from the club (I don't think he would if we signed him) to counter the argument that if we signed a foreign player he would be wanting to go back home 3/4 regardless.

In regards to Vidic/Evra any club they went back to wouldn't have been any where near as successful as us, and at the time of their peak we were second best to arguably the best club team in Barcelona, so why would you leave. Plus Vidic was the captain, and Evra has always spoke about his love of the club from day one, so I was never worried that they would leave.

De Gea as well, he's an Athletico man, there's no way he'll go to Real Madrid, Barcelona maybe but it looks like they're gonna get Ter Stegen for the next 10+ years so it seems unlikely, and even then De Gea has stated a desire to emulate the great United GK's of the past too, and he loves the club now that he's settled in.

Ronaldo is different because he became the world's best player, and he stated a desire to play for Real Madrid at some point in his life for years, plus with an £80m it's incredibly difficult to say no to.

With Shaw, even though he's a Chelsea fan it doesn't automatically mean he'll be itching to play for Chelsea, otherwise we might as well put in a bid for Ramsey. He's a professional. He'll be thinking about what's best for his career, and United have a long track record of developing young British talent, Chelsea don't. Plus we don't sell to our rivals, and if Shaw does fulfil his potential we definitely wouldn't sell to Chelsea unless they make an offer you cannot refuse.

I don't think that Moreno or Rodriguez will be considered as one of the great left backs in the world, in say 5 years time, however I think Shaw will along with Alaba, Alba and Coentrao etc.
So essentially you agree with my point we should sign the best player available it is just you think Shaw will be a much better player than Moreno and Rodriguez and it has nothing to do with them wanting to go back to Spain/Germany.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Why would we re negotiate when he only signed a new deal less than 9 months ago? Adnan is also yet to prove himself on the level that Shaw is currently at.
Read my post again. At the end of the coming season, during which he will have fully proven himself, I have no doubt whatsoever we will be sitting down with Adnan and renegotiating his deal.

You lot are hysterical.

Striker10

We won't be sitting down with Adnan because I don't think it will bother him and you can quote me on that when we're renegotiating his contract in 2/3 years time

Kaiketsu_Zorro

"There are two transfer windows in each Barclays Premier League season.

The first commences at midnight on the last day of the season and ends on 31 August if a working day - or, if not, on the first working day thereafter, at a time determined by the Board.

The second transfer window commences at midnight on the 31 December and ends on the 31 January if a working day, and again, if not, on the first working day thereafter, at a time determined by the Board."

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/when-does-transfer-window-open-close.html

villain

Hates Beyoncé
That wasn't the point I was making. I was trying to an example reason why Shaw may move on from the club (I don't think he would if we signed him) to counter the argument that if we signed a foreign player he would be wanting to go back home 3/4 regardless.

So essentially you agree with my point we should sign the best player available it is just you think Shaw will be a much better player than Moreno and Rodriguez and it has nothing to do with them wanting to go back to Spain/Germany.
Yeah of course, it was just a point that occurred to me that English players tend to stay at one club for the majority of their career, especially if you're at the likes of United.
And when you take that view and analyse a potential large fee you have to pay for Shaw, in the end it would represent value for money.

Bwuk

Confirmed that he's in the England squad.

I don't think he'll play much though, think Baines will be ahead of him. Hopefully he gets a run out against Costa Rica.

NK86

Well even if his agent starts looking for more money, he's tied down to a long term deal, he can't go anywhere for a while without our say so. And even then it'd be for big money.

He'll get his increase anyway, as he continues in his development. Shaw is a regular in a Premier league side who finished in the top 10. Januzaj, as exciting as he is, has been a bit part player this season. It's not hard to see why a more established teenager would be on a higher starting wage.

Januzaj will be rewarded as he progresses and becomes more established. As a club we've never been shy of doing that.
You are right. Just that he is the brightest talent to come through our youth team in recent years and I am just concerned because he seems easily swayed by his dad.

saivet

I knew Carragher was, but I didn't know Gerrard was a blue?
I don't think he was. One of my mates who is a Liverpool fan has read his autobiography. Apparently as a youngster went to both Everton and Liverpool games with different sections of his family. He joined Liverpool at a young age like 7 or something and since then he's swung in favour of Liverpool. He may be lying but it is an explanation as to why there's a picture of him as a kid in an Everton shirt.

Kaiketsu_Zorro

I don't think he was. One of my mates who is a Liverpool fan has read his autobiography. Apparently as a youngster went to both Everton and Liverpool games with different sections of his family. He joined Liverpool at a young age like 7 or something and since then he's swung in favour of Liverpool. He may be lying but it is an explanation as to why there's a picture of him as a kid in an Everton shirt.
Well, he was just a young kid. Might have as well been wearing what his parents had bought him. I had a Dortmund shirt when I was like 7 or 8 because my grandma had bought me one. Doesn't make me a Dortmund fan though.

Status
Not open for further replies.