Luke Shaw | Road to Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impulse

He wanted £110k a week and was £30m. We were never paying that for him.

Mourinho was right. Bringing him in meant paying all of our young talents ridiculous money, financially crippling us.
Pretty sure that Shaw is on closer to 70k a week.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Mourinho was right. Bringing him in meant paying all of our young talents ridiculous money, financially crippling us.
He isn't on £110k per week here. He's in the £60-70k region I think.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I really like Luke Shaw, hopefully this season he puts the injuries behinds him and manages a full season. With a lot of young defensive prospects these days it tends to be they're great going forward but defensively suspect, whereas he really can defend. If he can add a little to his attacking repertoire I think he'll be the best LB in the league.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Pretty sure that Shaw is on closer to 70k a week.
No. He isn't.

Luke Shaw is being coy because he doesn't want people knowing his wages. He is a greedy cnut like most other young football stars.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
:lol: at people thinking they have a clue what players are paid.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
I wonder how much chelsea pay all 480 of their young players they've got out on loan.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
I suppose if he knows its going ti dis

://www.theguardian.com/football
I can't imagine a manager would care that much about wages to the point he wouldn't sign him. Surely a manager would want the best players in his squad and wages is up to the back room staff.
In a perfect world yes.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/26/jose-mourinho-chelsea-luke-shaw-wages

Makes it sound like José knew his first team players would find out about the £130,000 a week and that would cause problems in the squad

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I don't even get why people get into such discussions, does it really matter what their wages are?
It's some kind of "my dad can beat up your dad" competition where everyone wants their team to pay the least because apparently paying less and winning is more impressive.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Hopefully he is back to his full fitness. Having him back in the squad is such a boost for the team, was having impressive season.

Shaw and Martial on the left flank :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.