g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

LvG's substitutions

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
When I watched it when I got home, I saw the shaggy hair on the touch line but didn't notice the ridiculous facial/neck hair and thought maybe this was some attacking youth player I'm not aware of. When I saw 36 on the board I was livid. LvG is a moron.
I had he same reaction, couldn't believe my eyes at first

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
While I've thought he's not good enough for a long time, I've never been one to be overly harsh with my words when it comes to LVG, probably because as a person he seems like a decent guy.

He's fecking shite though.

Sylar

It makes no sense, were losing the tie, need three goals, and he overall changes our two full backs and the DM for ... an unorthodox RB to play RB, another RB to play LB and then the DM.

We needed three goals ffs.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Just random and seemingly pre-dertemined long before the game has started.

At this point, most of the CAF could make more logical subs, and I dont think any of them should be anywhere near the United hotseat.

Van Gaal shouldnt be either in fairness.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The subs last night were possibly the most bizarre I have ever seen.

You would never guess you need to score 3 goals.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
The fact our subs bench had only 1 player you would consider attacking (Depay) tells you everything about the man.

Where was Januzaj? Pereira?

He lost it in the first leg anyway being too defensive and allowing Liverpool to gain confidence.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The subs last night were possibly the most bizarre I have ever seen.

You would never guess you need to score 3 goals.
There is nothing in our entire game - from the selection, to the tactics & gameplan, to the approach of most of players/coaching staff, to these substitutions that would made anyone guess we needed to score 3 goals.

If you showed the second half of last night to a disinterested observer... he'd have probably thought it was a normal PL game, with both teams trying to not concede another goal and knick a winner.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I recorded the game because I was at work and missed out on the team news and couldn't check without spoiling the game. When I watched it when I got home, I saw the shaggy hair on the touch line but didn't notice the ridiculous facial/neck hair and thought maybe this was some attacking youth player I'm not aware of. When I saw 36 on the board I was livid. LvG is a moron.
For a split second I thought it was Nick Powell.

mark_a

He needed to replace Varela, who had a bad one, but where the hell was Depay? We had nothing to lose & he's got some direct attacking ability.

Yet another "not good enough" team selection from LvG. Plus an obvious failure to get the team worked-up & determined to win the ball over 2 legs against our arch rivals, which is INEXSCUSABLE

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Where was Januzaj? Pereira?.
Januzaj is cup-tied. Pereira is Pereira. He's not getting a chance under Louis. I think that anti-Brazilian myth might hold some water.

The players he subbed probably should have started. Valencia and Schweinsteiger definitely. If Valencia is on the pitch, Coutinho doesn't score that goal. I'm a fan of Varela but he had a stinker last night. He has a long way to go to being a defender IMO.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Januzaj is cup-tied. Pereira is Pereira. He's not getting a chance under Louis. I think that anti-Brazilian myth might hold some water.
Not sure about that - every time I see either, they do not stand out at all. I'd like to see Pereira get a run mind. Januzaj needs to up his game - since the Moyes season he's done very little.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's the same all the time, he's frigging clueless.
He really is. Ok, so tactics and man management are the difficult side of football management and where it can fall apart quickly, but team selection and substitutions has to be the easiest to get right.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Not sure about that - every time I see either, they do not stand out at all. I'd like to see Pereira get a run mind. Januzaj needs to up his game - since the Moyes season he's done very little.
Unlike......?

Only DDG has performed consistently.

There has to be a problem with management.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Well, I said I'd like to see him get a run. I was suggesting Van Gaal isn't necessarily anti Brazilian, but rather doesn't see much in Pereira where he obviously does in that midfield maestro Fellaini.

I haven't seen much of Pereira, but he has never looked more than average when I have seen him. Granted he's young, but I am playing devils advocate really. Trying to second guess that mad dutch fukcer.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Well, I said I'd like to see him get a run. I was suggesting Van Gaal isn't necessarily anti Brazilian, but rather doesn't see much in Pereira where he obviously does in that midfield maestro Fellaini.

I haven't seen much of Pereira, but he has never looked more than average when I have seen him. Granted he's young, but I am playing devils advocate really. Trying to second guess that mad dutch fukcer.
I don't disagree..except LVG is the kiss of death to a player