Madrid is the perfect city and Real is the perfect club to play (and support)

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
My wife's handsome friend is the perfect man and has the perfect cock to f*ck her with.

Pinnacle for any woman and a dream for my wife, no question about that.

He's exceptional.

Vapor trail

I think it's alright to appreciate another team but this thread by the OP is a little over the board.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
My wife's handsome boss is the perfect man and has the perfect cock to f*ck her with.

He's exceptional.
It's an interesting and disturbing analogy.

Revan

Assumptionman
I don't like them but they are the greatest football club. By far.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
My wife's handsome friend is the perfect man and has the perfect cock to f*ck her with.

He's exceptional.
So what you're saying is he's madridista

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Man who starts thread making wild claims on Internet forum and doesn’t like when people disagree with them.
I'd just say that posts like "how can you write it on a Man United forum" and "feck off and start supporting them" are far from what I expect on here.

Disagreeing? Okay, but come on. We can do better.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

as a neutral they've never been that interesting to me...just there, an institution at the top of football, but their history of acquiring expensive foreign talent, especially South American is just not a very inspiring one. Sure, they are just playing the game as it is allowed to be played and i care little for over the top nationalism in sports, but on a basic level i get more interested in clubs that do more with less. When it comes to big historic clubs i prefer the likes of Ajax, United, Bayern...teams that drew a lot of their biggest talents from a smaller area when they established themselves, and often continued to do so for a long period of time. too many Real Madrid legends are not even Spanish.

Speedicut75

What the feck has this got to do with anything?

And yes I just contributed to this glorification of all things other, on a UTD forum. Shame on me.

I'm a beautiful thing

I've never been fussed about Madrid, never liked them for some reason, the three teams I've enjoyed outside of United were Ajax with Crujff, Holland of 74,we had been relegated and watching them made me think that's how football should be played, Milan of the 80s, saw them beat Madrid 5-0 in the semi final of the European Cup and if there has been a better centre forward than Van Basten I've not seen him, it seems I have a soft spot for Dutch football, welcome Erik

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'd just say that posts like "how can you write it on a Man United forum" and "feck off and start supporting them" are far from what I expect on here.

You wrote about how perfect Madrid are and how much you love them on a United forum and you expect people not to take the piss out of you? :lol:

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
You wrote about how perfect Madrid are and how much you love them on a United forum and you expect people not to take the piss out of you? :lol:
So do we only write how amazing Manchester United is? And we can't praise anybody else and write something (I'd say obvious) about a different team?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
So do we only write how amazing Manchester United is? And we can't praise anybody else and write something (I'd say obvious) about a different team?
Well no, but it's a bit weird to say this:
Pinnacle for a footballer and a dream for every fan.
Dream for every fan, come on, really? :lol:

Red00012

The atmosphere in the city will be electric, you're gonna love it. Feel free to pop me a PM if you need any advice about the city :)

This man knows. Also on the architecture, Barcelona has Gaudi and the Gothic quarter, but generally speaking Madrid is quite gorgeous, and the way each barrio has its own vibe and style is really nice. It maybe lacks true iconic buildings (maybe Palacio de Cibeles would be the most famous?) but I think it's more consistently beautiful than Barcelona.

In fairness, there are no beaches in Madrid. There's barely any water at all :lol:
Cheers mate

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Can't believe United fans ever claimed to be the biggest club in the world when there's Real Madrid around
United are the biggest club in world from a romantic POV. Real like to think they're the romantic ones but I'd take a working class club that built itself up brick by brick any day when compared to a club built on dodgy government handouts, fascist dictator support and hanky waving because the cuntos on the pitch aren't diving and harassing the referee enough.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
United are the biggest club in world from a romantic POV. Real like to think they're the romantic ones but I'd take a working class club that built itself up brick by brick any day when compared to a club built on dodgy government handouts, fascist dictator support and hanky waving because the cuntos on the pitch aren't diving and harassing the referee enough.
Yeah pretty much this, real have a very regal aura about them but it's hard to shake the feeling that they were propped up for success.
Also their European record might not be what it is had our tragedy didn't unfold.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah pretty much this, real have a very regal aura about them but it's hard to shake the feeling that they were propped up for success.
Also their European record might not be what it is had our tragedy didn't unfold.
Regal is definitely the right word.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
And yet not a single Footy forum as global and amazing as the CAF. So, United clear.. :wenger::drool:

Kaushal

I'm from India and from the moment I watched Man United beat Bayern at Nou Camp, I have been following them and I'm a hardcore fan. Love United to death and beyond but Real Madrid is also a club I like because most of the United stars made bigger names when they left for Madrid but also Madrid and their way of football is more exhilarating than any other club. I'm not surprised they brushed aside this Pep's City side because Madrid is a much much bigger club than CIty ever was and their ambitions are always high plus they know what to do and when especially with experienced players like Benz, Modric, and Krooz. It was an amazing game to watch.
Eh ? How did you watch the CL final in 1999 when the premier league or champions league didn’t even start broadcasting in India back then ?

Vicenterubio

Supports
Real Madrid
The story is the opposite, it was the regime that benefited from real Madrid image in Europe. Real Madrid is the life work of Santiago Bernabéu, who was from humble origins and not related to the elites . One can argue that Barça was better treated by Franco, search how they got their current stadium.

Reactions: Mr Pigeon

LoneStar

He's exceptional.
Weird that your first thought was to compare a football club with your wife and some handsome man, but okay.

cafecillos

Real Madrid being the best club in the world isn't arse licking. It's a fact
No, it's certainly not a fact. They haven't even been the undoubted "best" club in Spain for decades now. The only fact is that they are the "biggest" and/or most-winning club in the history of the sport, which is no mean feat (although the fact that the first few "European cups" are officially recognised as proper CL titles is and will always be a joke). But claims like the ones made in the title of this thread are 100% subjective and 99,99% embarrassing in a fecking Manchester United forum. Madrid is a city which many people who truly know it, like myself, really dislike, the club has as much dirt and corruption as any, and the fandom can be as toxic as any.

Last edited:

Redfrog

I did tell a few of my colleagues at work who thought that City were nailed on to reach the final before both the 1st and 2nd legs, and that you can never, ever write off Real in this competition. It is basically their private property. They won it 2 more times than their nearest challengers Milan and Liverpool during the 'old' European Cup era, and have won 3 more times than their nearest challengers Barcelona during the modern day Champions League era. They've reached the knockout stages without fail every single season from 1997/1998 onwards I think. They have a manager who has won it a record equalling number of times and could soon set the record outright (I personally hope he does), the best striker in the world and the red hot favourite to win the Ballon d'or plus legendary midfielders who all have 3-4 winners' medals each.

In terms of the city itself as that's mentioned in the title, I think that Valencia would be a much better city to live in than either Madrid or Barcelona (when I went there I quickly understood why it is regarded as among the best cities to live in Europe), notably with better weather due to its location, with both excellent beaches and mountains nearby, plus being large enough to have everything you need but also far more compact etc. But sadly they don't have a team to match !
I went to Valencia multiple times. It’s a great city. Big enough but not too big, so they can keep that conviviality and spirit you are loosing in big cities. It’s beautiful. Love it.
They support Barcelona around there when they are not involved.

NoLogo

I hate Real with a passion after they publicly pursued Ronaldo even when Sir Alex or United did not want to sell.

If you dont show respect, you don`t deserve respect.
Yeah, don't think I will ever have any real love for RM, but when it comes to the CL final this year, I think I'll get my Zidane kit I bought as a kid back out of the closet. :D

Redfrog

And that is all inclusive. I've spoken to players and they prefer to play in Spain because of the weather, the food, the culture and the women.
Well, any European Mediterranean country is better for this reasons. Spain, Portugal, Italia, Greece, Croatia and you can include France, have much better style of life.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah, don't think I will ever have any real love for RM, but when it comes to the CL final this year, I think I'll get my Zidane kit I bought as a kid back out of the closet. :D
That's disgraceful.

Withnail

Yes we can do better than saying another club is perfect to play for and support in the perfect city. You had to know you were inviting those types of posts with the title.

There's lots to dislike about Spanish Football and Real so they're not perfect but then no club or city is or could be perfect.

wolvored

If I was a footballer and went abroad I would pick Barca over Madrid. I have been to both cities and prefer Barca.
Its a toss up over the last 20 years who is the better side.
I can understand foreign players who are used to living in hotter climes picking either one over GB though.
When you look back further 90s etc the top league to play in was Italy.

wolvored

Can't believe United fans ever claimed to be the biggest club in the world when there's Real Madrid around
Its the support worldwide they mean when they say that and over the last 9 years it has probably shrunk a little. Every other metric Real are bigger.

cafecillos

I'm interested to know more about this as I have a love-hate relation with the city myself.
That came out harsher than intended, and I admit it's mostly down to personal bad experiences. But I have several friends and acquaintances who worked and lived there after they finished their studies who agree with the notion. I honestly think it's not a particularly nice to live in if you are not earning decent money and/or live far from the central districts. Yes, the centre has a great partying atmosphere and many different places to go and things to do, plenty of concerts and so on, but as you get older you start realising that the pros outweigh the cons. The truth is generally dislike really big cities, it's not really just a Madrid thing tbf, and I'm much happier in smaller, mid-sized ones like Bilbao, Pamplona, Zaragoza or Sevilla.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I went to Valencia multiple times. It’s a great city. Big enough but not too big, so they can keep that conviviality and spirit you are loosing in big cities. It’s beautiful. Love it.
They support Barcelona around there when they are not involved.
Agreed. I quickly fell in love with the city as well, and have always enjoyed going back there. Through work I've spent quite a lot of time in the city in the past.

If I could live in one city in Spain, I would choose Valencia without any hesitation. From a tourism perspective I thought that cities such as Seville, San Sebastian, Granada etc., had more to see and were more beautiful, but it was completely different from a living perspective. I loved the fact that it wasn't over-stuffed with tourists as well.

I also think that it's basically the perfect size, and it has always seemed like a very easy city to get around by car, bike, foot, public transport etc.

Also crucially, the property and rental prices are far more affordable there than they are in Madrid and Barcelona, not a major factor for wealthy footballers of course but definitely a major factor for many other people.

Madrid with its central location is nowhere the coast (if I lived in Spain I'd want to be in close proximity to beaches), and has uncomfortably hot summers. Similarly with Seville, while I think the city is beyond beautiful the summer months are just brutal there (many locals call the summer months 'hell'). Valencia being by the coast plus further south than Barcelona, means that it generally has better weather overall (although probably not right now) than any of those other cities, and it also has better beaches nearby than Barcelona.

Barcelona has suffered from 'over-tourism' for quite a while and its no surprise that there were an increasing number of protests from locals about that (well at least there were before COVID, I'm not sure if that has resumed post-COVID). That has just contributed to continually pushing up the prices of everything there.