Magic Neymar

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Multiple reports today, including reporter who broke his transfer to PSG, that he wants out of PSG ; possibly to Barca again.

But he's available, and hopefully Woody at least tries to go for it.
There's little chance of it ever happening, for a start we already have 3 left wingers, we may not even be in the CL by next season and PSG are notorious for digging their heels in even if the player is desperate to go. As good as he is I could see personality clashes between him and Pogba, they wouldn't both be able to be the star man at United which could create a very uncomfortable atmosphere.

criticalanalysis

Multiple reports today, including reporter who broke his transfer to PSG, that he wants out of PSG ; possibly to Barca again.

Nope nope and nope.

Amazing talent but he will be an even bigger circus with less accountability on the pitch than Pogba x 5. That's coming from someone, who doesn't even think Pogba has done that wrong to be honest apart from being badly coached.

Neymar though will come with all the baggage and be un-coachable.

It's a typical Woody type of transfer but I would think/hope he realises his mistakes and not try to go for the glory again when it's not needed.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Nope nope and nope.

Amazing talent but he will be an even bigger circus with less accountability on the pitch than Pogba x 5. That's coming from someone, who doesn't even think Pogba has done that wrong to be honest apart from being badly coached.

Neymar though will come with all the baggage and be un-coachable.

It's a typical Woody type of transfer but I would think/hope he realises his mistakes and not try to go for the glory again when it's not needed.
Well, this is surprising! I just assumed everyone would want him.

IFC 1905

I think neymar would be such a dissapointment at United, specially at this moment of the club. I don't see him with the personality and the positive contribution for the team to be sucessful in this club. I think he would be incredibly spectacular at any other club like City or Chelsea, but I guess he won't like to play in such a physical game.

Everyone says he's obsessed with returning to Barcelona. He misses his teammates and some reports say he actually cried literally to some Barcelona directives to sign him back. Media says it would be available in 2019 summer window for 220ME, and in 2020 for less than 200ME.

redshaw

We've probably slipped down a peg or two for him to even consider us.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
We'd be a stepping stone.

TsuWave

lol at turning the nose at neymar when our attacking options are sanchez, lukaku, lingard etc.

would sell a finger to have neymar here. not that i think he would be interested

Apokalips

There's little chance of it ever happening, for a start we already have 3 left wingers, we may not even be in the CL by next season and PSG are notorious for digging their heels in even if the player is desperate to go. As good as he is I could see personality clashes between him and Pogba, they wouldn't both be able to be the star man at United which could create a very uncomfortable atmosphere.
Pogba seems to get on with everyone really well and not just players at our club. He's never seemed like a Billy big balls character either. He plays alongside numerous stars at Juve and France with no issues. His main issues here seems to be the coach and his consistency/concentration.

Neymar is a no brainer if it's possible. Special player, but we would need a different coach for sure.

Red_Aaron

He's a brilliant player, gets you out of your seat and produces the spectacular. I'd love him in our shirt.

England would chew him up though, the media would hammer him for every flounce and refs would give cloggers free reign to boot the shit out of him.

the_irish123

Pogba seems to get on with everyone really well and not just players at our club. He's never seemed like a Billy big balls character either. He plays alongside numerous stars at Juve and France with no issues. His main issues here seems to be the coach and his consistency/concentration.

Neymar is a no brainer if it's possible. Special player, but we would need a different coach for sure.
Plus they are friends already

No thanks. He's a great player but not as great as he thinks he is, and we have enough of a circus going on at the club as it is.

There are far better targets to blow 200-300 million on.

EireRed_GS

top top player.. but wouldn't want this prick anywhere near our club. One of the most selfish and self absorbed players ever. He would only amplify the problems behind the scenes.

On the issue that he wants to go back to Barca.. didnt he just try and sue them or something?? Yeah good luck there Neymar

AlwaysRed66

Just see him playing for us. Falling over all the time, & players pushing him off the ball & pressing the little dear. What, I am expected to defend as well he would say. Spend most of the time crying & diving.

Eric's Seagull

I think one problem with having someone like Neymar at United would be that he's so good that when the opposition defenders get near him they would hack him down bad resulting in a serious injury.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I think one problem with having someone like Neymar at United would be that he's so good that when the opposition defenders get near him they would hack him down bad resulting in a serious injury.
Hazard seems to be doing okay, and it's not like the gap between Neymar & the likes of Hazard/Aguero/Silva are so large that defenders are going to take up taekwondo to stop him.

Eric's Seagull

Hazard seems to be doing okay, and it's not like the gap between Neymar & the likes of Hazard/Aguero/Silva are so large that defenders are going to take up taekwondo to stop him.
Think that is the reason Hazard received 258 fouls between 2014-2017, is because he is so good. Jose said this about the fouls on Hazard at the time "He could have been injured many, many times. He had some very nasty tackles last year. I would like more protection for him."
With someone recieving that many fouls I think there might come a time when they receive a serious injury and if we do sign him I hope not. But Neymar used to get fouled a lot in Spain and had a decent injury record. So I can see your point.

Canagel

I would definitely want him to play for us. You guys are mad. He's one of the best players in the world and the most exciting to watch. We are miles away from competing so there's no chance of that but you never know still.

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
As good as he is I could see personality clashes between him and Pogba, they wouldn't both be able to be the star man at United which could create a very uncomfortable atmosphere.
Pogba has so much problems with his attitude in a star-studded France team, right? More so, they seem to have a similar lifestyle and interests off the pitch, I would think that they'll love playing with each other.

There's nothing to this rumour, obviously — we're a downgrade from PSG if we're talking about the player quality and probably as a place to live, so I doubt that he'll be considering United but that argument is just weird.

Neymar would've been a dream, despite him being an annoying prick on and off the field. He's one of the very, very few players who, I believe, will perform at the highest level despite the circumstances like different tactics, managers, leagues etc.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

There's not an ounce of credibility in this news. Especially because Barcelona can't possibly afford him or is salary. It's maybe the 10th time we hear "Neymar wants to come back to barcelona" and it's laughable.

Even the specifics of the alledged deal are ridiculous : 220M if he leaves this summer, 200M if he leaves next year. As if PSG would agree to these absurd conditions when the market is higher than ever.

the_irish123

There's not an ounce of credibility in this news. Especially because Barcelona can't possibly afford him or is salary. It's maybe the 10th time we hear "Neymar wants to come back to barcelona" and it's laughable.

Even the specifics of the alledged deal are ridiculous : 220M if he leaves this summer, 200M if he leaves next year. As if PSG would agree to these absurd conditions when the market is higher than ever.
Its credible because that Marcelo Bechler reported it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If a player like Pogba, who's not as much of a tit as Neymar wanted out after 2 years, just imagine what will happen if Neymar comes here and faces the similar situation as Pogba did. Not to mention his father is his own agent. We need to sort out the club's problems first (including who's going to be the manager) and re-stabilize before even thinking of signing Neymar. Quality player but an absolute cash grabbing drama queen, just like his dad.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Its credible because that Marcelo Bechler reported it.
Marcelo Bechler had one piece of information once. Then his news stream got completely dry and he gave wrong information several times since. Even a couple of days after the first news that put him in the spotlight, he said that he thought Neymar had 9 out 10 chances to stay in Barcelona.

He just got lucky this one time. Now obviously if PSG doesn't leave the group phase, it's very possible that Neymar thinks twice about his future but so far, he seems to get along very well with Mbappé and Tuchel and embraced his new role as n°10, even saying in interviews that he was "glad he could help Mbappé score". We're far from the diva some posters are describing here.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'd honestly not want Neymar at Feyenoord if he was free and paid us to play. Feck him.

harms

Staff
Barca cannot afford him nor his salary and more importantly, PSG will never sell him to them (or anyone for that matter) so soon
I’ve seen rumors today that Neymar’s contract has a release clause of 220 millions in 2020. But then I seem to recall that there are no release clauses in France? Even if there are, it’s probably complete bs though.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I’ve seen rumors today that Neymar’s contract has a release clause of 220 millions in 2020. But then I seem to recall that there are no release clauses in France? Even if there are, it’s probably complete bs though.
Yeah, release clauses are illegal in France for fixed-term contract. I don't even remotely understand why PSG would have agreed to such clause anyway.

Mettaur

Supports
Liverpool
He's probably going to force a move out of PSG soon as he doesn't seem to like sharing the limelight with Mbappe, whom many now view as the next big thing. I'm pretty sure clubs like Real Madrid, Man City and Man Utd can afford him but the only place that can satisfy his ego seems to be Madrid, where he can slot into the superstar space left vacant by Ronaldo. Guardiola and Man Utd won't bow down to Neymar and his tantrums but Perez might seeing as he kept Ronaldo for so long.

harms

Staff
Yeah, release clauses are illegal in France for fixed-term contract. I don't even remotely understand why PSG would have agreed to such clause anyway.
Cheers, that’s what I thought. Yeah, even without the law complications it looked completely unrealistic.

He's probably going to force a move out of PSG soon as he doesn't seem to like sharing the limelight with Mbappe, whom many now view as the next big thing. I'm pretty sure clubs like Real Madrid, Man City and Man Utd can afford him but the only place that can satisfy his ego seems to be Madrid, where he can slot into the superstar space left vacant by Ronaldo. Guardiola and Man Utd won't bow down to Neymar and his tantrums but Perez might seeing as he kept Ronaldo for so long.
Wouldn't be so sure about that.

flappyjay

lol at turning the nose at neymar when our attacking options are sanchez, lukaku, lingard etc.

would sell a finger to have neymar here. not that i think he would be interested
Remember when we said the same about Sanchez a few months ago. No one turns down a player like sanchez when he is available, now we wish we did.

meninred

Text Speak
I dont know what makes Neymar a magiciain esp when u compare him with former brazilian greats.He is in the same bracket as Mbappe ,Hazard ,Sallah...

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Perhaps my dislike for his theatrics clouds my judgement somewhat, but I don't think he will be one of the greats of the footballing world.

And I know it sounds crazy, but I wouldn't want him at United either.

He is a good player obviously, but I don't think he is a great player, nor will he ever be.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Even if release clauses were legal, PSG would never have accepted it to be so relatively "low".

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Nobody forces his way out of PSG. Either he demanded a release clause(really more of a gentleman's agreement) as a condition for signing for them, or he's there until 2022