Magic Neymar

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Brazilian forward players do have a history of falling off a cliff once they hit about 28. Ronaldo, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Robinho etc.
I wouldn't put Ronaldo in that category, not quite the same scenario and despite his injuries and increased weight, he was still quite effective and dangerous....but it is a trend with Brazilians, no doubt.

Champagne Football

I agree that Neymar is not being challenged to push himself to his limits. He's a God at Paris in the eyes of the owners still for now anyways so they've surely pampered him beyond belief there to try and help him settle and he's taken advantage of his God-like status. At Madrid would be different. He'd be one of many stars there and demanded to bust a gut always.
Madrid have had a stiffy for him for a long time and it's possible Neymar's head has been turned already. He's a far better player than he is showing now. But time will tell if he will be remembered as a Di Maria who had the talent but wasn't arsed or true titan of the game.

bpet15

He’s a fecking circus clown. Good for a couple of “oooohhhhh” moments but becomes boring very quickly. Clowns will never be the central act in the circus.

Fenomeno9

You guys do know that Brazilian players fizzling out in there late 20’s is a myth. Ronaldinho, Kaka, Robinho and Adriano don’t define every single Brazilian player past or present.

haram

You guys do know that Brazilian players fizzling out in there late 20’s is a myth. Ronaldinho, Kaka, Robinho and Adriano don’t define every single Brazilian player past or present.
Not saying its true, but you should give examples of players from their generation and beyond that didn't fizzle out.

prateik

Marcelo, Dani Alves, Thiago Silva. The defenders seem to age better.

I can't think of a lot of recent great attacking players who played at the top level in their 30s. I must be missing someone obvious

haram

I can't think of a lot of recent great attacking players who played at the top level in their 30s. I must be missing someone obvious
Yeah, it’s the forwards people are usually referring to.

AllezLesDiables

Ibrahim ... Dude never ages.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
His conditioning doesn’t seem right to me and mentally he just doesn’t seem as ambitious as he used to. As a youngster you always got the vibe he saw himself as the next Messi/Ronaldo and now he almost looks defeated and stuck in a cycle of just playing within himself. For Brazil you still see glimpses of his true ability but at club level - the decision to go to PSG showed a lack of ambition and a desire to seek the easy life where he could train when he wants and not have to really push himself.

Once you get onto that road it is hard to see a way back and at the moment the constant running at players he used to have in his locker isn’t quite there, his movement is predictable and his passing has not really evolved to compensate for the slowing down of his game.

Would be crazy to write him off but he needs a change of scenery and to play at a club where he feels he needs to prove himself and under a coach that can light a fire under him otherwise he’s going to end up a busted flush with hungrier and more dynamic young talents superseding him. He’s definitely a player rather like Pogba whose focused too much on the celebrity rather than his football (with only international football being the one thing which keeps them motivated).

Johan07

Such an arrogant waste of space. You can't play like that against Liverpool or any high pressing team for that matter. So half arsed, and yet so rich :houllier:
Exactly. And if that brat has to play, put him as a false nine and let Cavani cover the left channel as he had to do when Zlatan was around. Tuchel needs to shoulder blame for this as well. How it just ended 3-2 I have no clue.

fergieisold

He is still a great player.
On FIFA maybe. I admit I've not watched shed loads of him but enough to have formed my opinion that he could have been a great player but his attitude is wrong. Could be shooting myself in the foot here but for the supposed next best in the world what has he done? Absolutely nothing on the big stages?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
On last night evidence and the world Cup evidence he looks set to become irrelevant.

He is sloppy, lazy and plays like he hasn't had a tactical instruction in his life. His approach to playing is basically "what do I feel like doing? I'm great me" He's definitely regressed from his Barcelona days.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
On FIFA maybe. I admit I've not watched shed loads of him but enough to have formed my opinion that he could have been a great player but his attitude is wrong. Could be shooting myself in the foot here but for the supposed next best in the world what has he done? Absolutely nothing on the big stages?
He's done many great things at Barca, he was fantastic in their treble season. It's just that now he's become a parody of himself, always dribbling and looking for his own individual highlight reel instead of being efficient. His current form shouldn't make us forget the kinda player he was at Barca, that club was perfect for him because he had to check himself, there was a much bigger star in Messi and Barca is an institution so you cannot do whatever you want.
A player like Neymar needs to guided with a firm hand and not let loose. What did Tuchel do when he arrived ? First thing he said "of course Neymar will be my superstar". Way to enable the child

haram

No, not on FIFA, in real life.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
Does the hate he's getting here have anything to do with the fact that it was Liverpool he was poor against?

Micky Targaryen

Meh, the boy is good but I wouldn't put him in the same bracket as CR7 and Messi. Still have loads to prove to join these two. He's not even that much of an entertainer like say Ronaldinho. Mbappe has way more potential IMO. Having said that, he is no doubt a superb player but I'm not sure exactly sure which trait or ability he is best in the world at. Probably his marketability. Lol

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Meh, the boy is good but I wouldn't put him in the same bracket as CR7 and Messi. Still have loads to prove to join these two. He's not even that much of an entertainer like say Ronaldinho. Mbappe has way more potential IMO. Having said that, he is no doubt a superb player but I'm not sure exactly sure which trait or ability he is best in the world at. Probably his marketability. Lol
Neymar is almost 27.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
besides playing poorly on the ball, he was a massive liability defensively. TAA had uncontested acres of space to do his thing in down the right.

flappyjay

But it seems common among the super stars though.

Baxter

Nothing like a massive overreaction. Had a shite game, like most of the Paris team.

Wonder if Salah, the worst player on the pitch, is also finished?

JoaquinJoaquin

Where would you rank Neymar in terms of overall best Brazilian players of the last 30 years. For me i'd have:

1) Ronaldinho
2) Ronaldo (R9)
3) Kaka
4) Rivaldo \ Neymar

Web of Bissaka

Where would you rank Neymar in terms of overall best Brazilian players of the last 30 years. For me i'd have:

1) Ronaldinho
2) Ronaldo (R9)
3) Kaka
4) Rivaldo \ Neymar
Attacking players you mean. If all, then there's Lucio, Cafu, etc who deserve to be ahead of him imo. Anyway, I would put (after the top trio there) Neymar below Rivaldo and Adriano (even if it's short term) above both. Rivaldo's theatretics antics tainted his image, but that guy is much more useful overall in matches, just that Neymar is a lot fancier in individual attacks.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany

1) Ronaldinho
2) Ronaldo (R9)
3) Kaka
4) Rivaldo \ Neymar
There are many players who deserve to be in that list before you add Neymar. Romario, Cafu, Roberto Carlos etc. He is more like Adriano level at this moment, which is not an insult cause Adriano was absolutely terrifying at his peak.

Ahsan_6386

Hmm watching him play and sulking around . Does anyone feel Real will try to sign him next season ? I feel it would be interesting to see his attitude if he was playing for Real . Personally I feel if Real offer a good deal then PSG should accept and invest it in more needy positions in the team .