Magic Neymar

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Early rise, early decline. Typical Brazilian phenomenon.

He hasn't the mindset to play as a pure central #10 and he's losing the required sharpness step by step

I will always consider him as one of the greatest offensive players in the history of the Game!

BlueHaze

Surely the thread title is a joke because he was absolutely shocking today. There was literally a point where he lost the ball and made gestures to the ref and was walking back. He has a terrible attitude and I can understand why Barca sold him its not about the team to him, it's only about himself.

Eddy_JukeZ

He hasn't the mindset to play as a pure central #10 and he's losing the required sharpness step by step

I will always consider him as one of the greatest offensive players in the history of the Game!
You think he's already declining?

And you also think he's lost some dynamism/pace?

Eddy_JukeZ

Surely the thread title is a joke because he was absolutely shocking today. There was literally a point where he lost the ball and made gestures to the ref and was walking back. He has a terrible attitude and I can understand why Barca sold him its not about the team to him, it's only about himself.
Barcelona didn't want to sell him.

They had no choice after his release clause was activated.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Barcelona didn’t sell him

Pagh Wraith

Hazard never has games this bad. Well, maybe the couple of times when he was played as a striker, but people criticise Hazard for having off months when this geezer loses the ball then casually swags around like nothing happened.
Because Hazard has the right attitude and is selfless. Pretty much the polar opposite of Neymar.

Sanchez7

I still think he's a brilliant player, one of the best around even without the tracking back. I just don't think this PSG side are that good, there's a lot of weaknesses aside from the front 3.

I think he should've stayed at Barca, realistically the only team you make a step up or side ways to to from them are Madrid. Barca should be happy though, Neymar traded for Dembele and Coutinho is a very good deal.
Have to agree. PSG's midfield got completely dominated however Neymar has to work harder for the team.

Despite the performance, he setup the 2nd PSG goal and almost setup a winner with a wonderful pass to get Draxler/Mbappe in a 2 v 2.

Hes a very good player, but that's it. Nowhere near being great. Every time the pressure is on him to perform he shrinks.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Have to agree. PSG's midfield got completely dominated however Neymar has to work harder for the team.

Despite the performance, he setup the 2nd PSG goal and almost setup a winner with a wonderful pass to get Draxler/Mbappe in a 2 v 2.
He didn't set up the goal. Van Dyk's tackle fell into MBappe's path

Eddy_JukeZ

Hes a very good player, but that's it. Nowhere near being great. Every time the pressure is on him to perform he shrinks.
Not true.

Countless examples of the pressure being high and him performing.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Awful game but I'm not making any definitive judgement on him until January at least. He's clearly not 100%, but even in full form I can't see him tracking back much under Tuschel or anyone really.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
You think he's already declining?

And you also think he's lost some dynamism/pace?
Gradually, I think so.

Time will tell us.

Some games against Napoli and Liverpool at home to follow

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Such an arrogant waste of space. You can't play like that against Liverpool or any high pressing team for that matter. So half arsed, and yet so rich :houllier:

Snash93

Supports
Liverpool
He's one of those players who lack the discipline to be a consistent, world class footballer like Ronaldo or Messi. He needs to get his head out of his backside otherwise people will back at him as a football who should have been so much more.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
No truly great player, vying for that Messi/Ronaldo status in the game, goes to PSG in their prime. It's that simple.

MrEleson

Neymar's old now so don't see why everyone should be shocked at his performance. He's 27 in February but that's like 35 in Brazilian physiology.

The Firestarter

Thinks he is entitled to the whole footballing world orbiting around him and acts like the spoiled brat he truly is when it understandably does not happen.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I think PSG was a bad move for him. He had everything at Barcelona in terms of team-mates, development and platform and he left just because of his own ego.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Has he fully recovered from last season's injury? I mean not physically, but performance-wise? I obviously don't watch much of him and at the World Cup you could've seen him struggling without the needed practice.

RedStarUnited

No truly great player, vying for that Messi/Ronaldo status in the game, goes to PSG in their prime. It's that simple.
He does if he thinks PSG will build him a team to compete with Messi and Ronaldo. But I bet when he retires, he will say that the move was mistake.

Rossa

Neymar's old now so don't see why everyone should be shocked at his performance. He's 27 in February but that's like 35 in Brazilian physiology.
What on earth?so when he's 54 he's 70?poor chap. Someone should alert the government so they can reduce the retirement age to 49.

The Firestarter

Leaving Barca to be the main man, only to be outplayed and better liked by a youngling. His ego must be hurting.
He thought he was doing a Maradona at Napoli. But he is not fit to cut Diego's snow at this point.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Really? I can think of quite a few high pressure games he's performed in. If anything his problem is his attitude the rest of the time.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
He does if he thinks PSG will build him a team to compete with Messi and Ronaldo. But I bet when he retires, he will say that the move was mistake.
It's not possible for PSG to do that though. Or, to be more specific, the chances of it are slim at best.

His move to PSG says a lot about him, and, in my view, he almost immediately disqualified himself from entering that Messi/Ronaldo bracket by moving there.

MrEleson

What on earth?so when he's 54 he's 70?poor chap. Someone should alert the government so they can reduce the retirement age to 49.
not like he'd work till 70 anyway. and i never said it was linear:)

Mick321

It's so early in the season. Quite a few who went far in the world cup and/or had injuries don't look great, Salah, Kane, Rom, Neymar etc. There does seem to be something missing with their team though. It can't be healthy to be feasting on the likes of Lorient each week then be expected to beat Liverpool or other top sides in the CL. I think even Bayern suffer sometimes when they have the league done in like March! Certainly wouldn't want him backing me up if I got in a scrap though!

MrEleson

Didnt Zlatan basically do the same?
For all his hype and bravado, Zlatan never had the talent to be in the same bracket as Messi/Ronaldo. He was outshone by them no matter where he was and at what age. Neymar's talent is greater than Zlatan's.

Winrar

I doubt anyone questions the immense talent that Neymar has. But he is showing himself to be arrogant and lazy even more so in recent years, all behaviors that suggest a lack of discipline, which I believe is keeping him from becoming a great.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's not in decline. His problem is 100% mental. He is indulged and he's clearly not focused.
For all his faults, the lack of work rate we see now had never been a problem for him. His engine was actually one of the things that set him apart from other flair players. The guy can run all day.
In any walk of life, you need to be challenged to give your best and he's clearly not challenged, by the coach, by the club, by his teammates, by the league. He is coasting at this stage of his career.
I'm pretty sure he'd tear shit up if he signed for Madrid tomorrow.

keener

I love the Neymar shaming that is sweeping the globe. People are growing tired of him and his attitude just doesn't help. I'd love it if he retired.

To be fair though, he was playing in the 10 role when his best position is out wide. I thought he was underutilized today. I only saw the 2nd half.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I love the Neymar shaming that is sweeping the globe. People are growing tired of him and his attitude just doesn't help. I'd love it if he retired.

To be fair though, he was playing in the 10 role when his best position is out wide. I thought he was underutilized today. I only saw the 2nd half.
He was wide in the first half and part of the second, he was put in the middle once Cavani went out and PSG actually looked a bit better, not that they set the bar very high the whole game.