Maguire: “My win rate under current manager is ridiculously high” | “I don’t like playing once a month, will have a chat with club”

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So done with these entitled players.
While I don't think Maguire is a £80m worth of defender he is certainly not as bad as painted.

Why is it entitled to say he is going to fight for his place or look for something else ? Would you not do the same in your job if your boss doesn't see you as part of his plans?

ShinjiNinja26

The noise around him was just dying down and he was being praised for his last few outings and now he’s back mouthing off again. What’s even more bizarre is the fact he’s acting like the club is desperate to keep him and he’s threatening to leave unless he gets more game time when in fact we literally agreed a deal to sell him in the summer but it was him personally that dug his heels in and refused to go.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Player says he wants to fight for his place and points out a fact. Fans get angry about it.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
What exactly has he said to get people foaming at the mouths here??

Everything he has said is a)right and b) absolutely fine

Smores

He's such a berk, imaging making that first statement in his current predicament.

ti vu

The wording in second tweet sounds like he implied that he would go to upper management if this continue?! Such as other guys having lower win rate, and the manager play favorism, so upper management have to have a word with the manager or something? I meant he was put up for sale last summer, what else there is for talk?

If he hadn't held us to ransom he'd be at a club that wanted him playing every week.

tomaldinho1

I definitely think his time here is done but he's not really said anything wrong here has he?
My initial impression was just more a ‘sigh’ and thinking he should get starts for United with injuries now, keep your head down, do well in those games and then have at least a little leverage to come out with something like this.

Then I thought about it and, to be honest, fair play to him. At least he’s showing a bit of fight and belief, however misguided, and probably trying to build his confidence.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
This guy man, just can't keep his goddamn mouth shut.

You already had the chat, the club tried to sell you but you refused to leave.

Heinzesight

He’s done ok this season when called upon but he should just keep his slab down and let his feet do the talking.

Mmm-Qatarian

It's unironically brilliant that in the face of all the trolling and abuse that Maguire gets, he just keeps giving interview answers that rile people up even more.

This isn't meant as an insult towards him by the way; I hope he keeps doing it and the trolls keep getting pressed by it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's turned the corner from that assist to McTominy in the last game.
Then instead of building on from there, he started talking shit.
What a good tactic. I wonder who told him all of this.

astracrazy

Guys a clown on and off the pitch then, why didn't he leave in the summer when he had the chance. Prat.

Dansk

You only get to play against small teams or if you're subbed on for the last 5 minutes when we're leading, you oaf.

GMoore23

He's a clown. Just when he's got a chance of making the first team, he opens his big gob again.

Also, we literally tried to get rid all summer so what's he even on about.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
He's a clown. Just when he's got a chance of making the first team, he opens his big gob again.

Also, we literally tried to get rid all summer so what's he even on about.
He's said he thinks he's a good players and he'd like to play more? What's the problem?

Oranges038

What exactly has he said to get people foaming at the mouths here??

Everything he has said is a)right and b) absolutely fine
Nothing, people like with the Eriksen comments read the headlines and take what he said out totally out of context based on the headlines and tweets like this one from the DM.

Harry Maguire admits he'll be forced to quit Man United in January if Erik ten Hag doesn't pick him... but says he's proved his worth: 'My win rate is ridiculously high. I won't sit and play once a month'

Really feel for Harry though, reduced to a bit part player, no longer the captain all while ETH and the club just point blank refuse to sell him to anyone.

Glorio

He's a player on the books, he's entitled to say he wants more playing time (even if he should have been replaced a long time go). Quoting his win rate as ridiculously high is definitely all sorts of cringe, but still not a disrespectful or inflammatory thing to say.

I expect every player who doesn't get a lot of game time to say during internationals that they're not happy with the situation. My issue with Harry is he actually seems Ok with the situation instead of seeking pastures new

soapythecat

Both he and McT could be sold and go on to have very successful careers. I had no doubt Pogba would go down hill, I’m sure Sancho won’t be a loss at all but I feel Harry will do well. Shame he didn’t work at United. He might have a mistake in him but you can’t fault his mentality.

soralapio

Well Harry, you might remember that the club already HAD that conversation with you, and then you said no to moving to West Ham because you preferred the money. So, you know. There's your bed.

Mmm-Qatarian

I saw Harry Maguire at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

ROFLUTION

I like what he says - it makes our goldfish fanbase remember that he's a clown.

Some people in this thread were beginning to entertain the idea that maybe he was quite alright to have for Manchester United because he's played well in 2 or 3 games.

ROFLUTION

I saw Harry Maguire at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
:lol:

Lentwood

He's got a point though hasn't he.

There's been a public ridiculing of Maguire on a level like I have never seen before in three decades watching football. To listen to pundits and fans talk during the final months of OGS' time at the club he was the world's worst CB and the root of all evil at United.

Now, we can debate exactly how good or bad Maguire is, but I'm really not here for that. I've got a busy day at work, not having my phone pinging all day with messages from folk frothing at the mouth because I dare suggest Maguire might actually be quite good...honestly, I've never seen a player inspire so much hatred for our own fanbase, even now, in the 'spiteful, Internet-era'.

However, I'd like you all to consider how it might feel to be in Maguire’s position. This is his career we're talking about, his livelihood. He's never been anything other than 100% committed to United. He's never injured, he always puts his body on the line and he's tolerated intense scrutiny and dissection of his game and character.

Not only that, as he says, his record when he plays is very good. Not just under ETH, but over the course of his entire United career. Under OGS, we won twice as many games when Maguire featured as when he did not. Under ETH, we're unbeaten when Maguire has started since Brentford in August 2022 and we've won the last seven in a row. Likewise, his record for England, where he's a mainstay in the team, is absolutely excellent.

So again, not here to say he's the world best CB...but something doesn't tally. How is it he's a meme, a figure of fun, someone who has been mocked in Ghanaian parliament, someone who has been booed by the Stretford End...when overall his record for club and country is very positive? How does he deserves the treatment hes received?

padzilla

Hipster
I couldn't think of a better outcome than he becomes the player we know he can be while playing for United. Anybody who doesn't back the players wearing the United shirt has no business calling themselves a supporter.

There are members of our first team squad who are linked with behaviour that could end up with them in prison or signing the sex offenders' register but Maguire still gets more abuse than them.

Castia

It was made clear in the summer that you wasn’t wanted. Best offer you had was West Ham.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
We wanted to sell him and he’s moaning about playing time. What an idiot. He chose money over football and now he’s got something to say about it. Southgate has finally realised he needs to be playing guys who are actually playing football every week.

Battery

1 assist and he can win a game on his own.

How on earth do we sign people with ego's bigger than the club, I wonder if it was always there or this entitlement kicks in once they have signed.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Don't think he's saying much wrong here. He's a footballer and wants to play more football... Colour me shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.