Maguire and Lindelof Partnership

criticalanalysis

That first paragraph has nothing to do with what I said whatsoever.
Whoops, I got your post confused with another.

Thought Lindelof had a decent game today. He actually challenged aerially and tried to affect the game. Bit sloppy with some passes coupled with some decent ones. I'll leave it at that as I can see some improvement.

DVG7

both players need to be dragged aside and told to stop fecking giving away stupid fecking fouls. The amount of times they have their man by the touchline going nowhere and then give away such an obvious foul is extremely annoying. It puts us under pressure and since we aren’t the tallest team these days and have a goalkeeper who doesn’t like coming to claim the ball, it’s just idiotic. If they can cut that crap out, there’s the makings of a good partnership but smalling should be automatic first choice if he comes back based on this seasons form alone.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Both?

Maguire’s one wasn’t really stupid, Matic lost the ball easily in our own half which caused the counter attack. Nothing much he can do, Matic should have done better. Lindelof one was stupid.

He'sRaldo

I think they were both very ready for the challenge today, and Lindelof surprised me more (mainly because I expected nothing less from Maguire who is very strong).

Hopefully Lindelof can get into that mindset for every match going forward, because that's basically how you play in the PL.

BainthaBrakk

ITT: Lots of people who need to find something else to complain about. These two are set.

A-man

ITT: Lots of people who need to find something else to complain about. These two are set.
People will always find things to complain about. Apparently Lindelof costs enormous amount of unnecessary freekicks. He went from a bullied little schoolboy to mad murderer in just a day.
(He has given 9 fouls in total this season.)

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yeah, they don't make good pair at all. Whether it is individually or as a pairing, but they are simply average this year.

arthurka

These clowns should never play together again what a bunch of beginners. You can add Shaw to this group it's just terrible defending all around again and again.

Castia

Maguire‘s passing is shite, I thought it’s supposed to be one of his plus points

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
£110m spent on two players who’ve kept what, 3 clean sheets all season? Chancers.

Cloud7

It really is surreal at times to think that we paid a world record fee for Maguire

Jacob

Lindelöf is starting to grind my gears. He always seems to be involved in awkward deflections. His reaction time is abysmal. First goal is his fault.

dev1l

Maguire‘s passing is shite, I thought it’s supposed to be one of his plus points
What options did have? Fred surrounded by 4 Arsenal shirts or Matic standing like a statue?
It s easy to come here and say everyone is shit to give the impression that you know it all..

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
It really is surreal at times to think that we paid a world record fee for Maguire
All the bad things from him in that first half were highlighted as weaknesses by posters here all last summer.

Doesnt say much about Ole or our scouts.

Castia

What options did have? Fred surrounded by 4 Arsenal shirts or Matic standing like a statue?
It s easy to come here and say everyone is shit to give the impression that you know it all..
He gave it away about 6 times in that half needlessly, got beat in the air by fecking Pepe then missed a free header at the end if the half not to mention he was twisted inside out by Lacazette twice......dreadful half.

dev1l

He gave it away about 6 times in that half needlessly, got beat in the air by fecking Pepe then missed a free header at the end if the half not to mention he was twisted inside out by Lacazette twice......dreadful half.
Without midfield he had no options to play the ball.
Our squad is thin (especially midfield) and this us showing off. With Mctominay and Pogba out we have to rely on players who were anonymous last season - Fred,Lingard and Matic.
Fred has improved but the other two have gone backwards.
Without midfield the only option of our defence is to hoof the ball.
You can thank the board for doing transfers one at a time....

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Biggest mistake ole has done is loan out smalling.
He needed to get rid of the deadwood. Same with Lukaku who is the second top scorer in the Serie A with 12 goals. He did kept Jones though.

Castia

Without midfield he had no options to play the ball.
Our squad is thin (especially midfield) and this us showing off. With Mctominay and Pogba out we have to rely on players who were anonymous last season - Fred,Lingard and Matic.
Fred has improved but the other two have gone backwards.
Without midfield the only option of our defence is to hoof the ball.
You can thank the board for doing transfers one at a time....
Just hit it out again, feck all to do with the midfield it’s just poor play.

Hes having a shocker like the rest of them.

Hammondo

He needed to get rid of the deadwood. Same with Lukaku who is the second top scorer in the Serie A with 12 goals. He did kept Jones though.
Smalling is not at all deadwood. He's proving at Roma how good he is.

Not much about either Arsenal goal is down to our CBs, but Maguire needs to start playing with some balls when hes in possession.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Can we safely say that in order to score more, we just need better attackers? instead of more ball playing centerbacks??

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
This partnership is horrendous. Whoever thought this would work at an acceptable level needs the bin.

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
Lindelöf is starting to grind my gears. He always seems to be involved in awkward deflections. His reaction time is abysmal. First goal is his fault.
Surely Lindelof can't be blamed for Maguire sitting there like a lump of lard instead of putting Kolasinac offside?