Maguire | he stays!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I don't get why players are so desperate to keep their wages if the next move offers less.

- Is there really that much difference between earning £190k a week and £100k a week?
- You got a move to one of the world's best, hence the wage, but you have failed there. Therefore you don't deserve those wages.

RedStarUnited

And ladies and gentlemen, as wrong as you may think booing our own player is, this is why he got boo’d.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Sums him up tbh. Remember guys, his family started sliding into media people's inboxes having a go at them for criticising their cash cow, sorry, relative.

He won the lottery getting to play for us and he turned out disgraceful, conference level performances and didn't have the common decency to admit we are far above his level and that he's failed. Instead he hangs around like a fart on a lift, stinking up the place and now wants a pay off.

Just unreal, have some self respect you brick headed moron.

Telsim

Custis is a known shot-stirrer. Don't believe a word he says.

Also - get rid.

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
I've had a message this morning saying that West Ham are extremely annoyed at how this has gone, and we can't take a chance on this deal not happening so have basically given up and are looking elsewhere to ensure we have a defensive player in place for certain.

I do wonder if this maybe some brinkmanship still to get a move on, but the threat is absolutely genuine from what I've been told.

hobbers

Club is utterly worthless at doing anything that actually needs to be done in the market.

We don’t need a replacement ready to let a 5th choice centreback go. What fecking cretins

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
It will happen. This is just negotiation strategy.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I've had a message this morning saying that West Ham are extremely annoyed at how this has gone, and we can't take a chance on this deal not happening so have basically given up and are looking elsewhere to ensure we have a defensive player in place for certain.

I do wonder if this maybe some brinkmanship still to get a move on, but the threat is absolutely genuine from what I've been told.
You're better off without him. He hasn't put in a good performance since mid 2021.

cyberman

Club is utterly worthless at doing anything that actually needs to be done in the market.

We don’t need a replacement ready to let a 5th choice centreback go. What fecking cretins
So his pay Harry 15m, half of the fee, no move?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

West Ham are the true winners here imo.

RonaldoVII

Maguire was one injury away from coming on last night so I'd argue we do. However it sounds like that wasn't the reason why the move collapsed, rather it was about his pay off.

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
Custis is a known shot-stirrer. Don't believe a word he says.

Also - get rid.
Steinberg has been very good for West Ham and has known close connections to people high up within the club.

Best case for you guys, this has been 'leaked' to get things moving. Worst case, it's genuine. Moyes really wants Maguire, but he so needs another body back there cone what may.

JB7

I don't get why players are so desperate to keep their wages if the next move offers less.

- Is there really that much difference between earning £190k a week and £100k a week?
- You got a move to one of the world's best, hence the wage, but you have failed there. Therefore you don't deserve those wages.
Well yeah it's a pretty massive difference, after tax you're looking at taking home just over £100k a week on £190k and just over £53k on £100k.

I wouldn't be walking away from that without being compensated if I was in his shoes.

Highfather_24

I cant believe we will bottle both the Maguire and McTominay sale. If this is true, I think we are not getting anymore incomings this season, we are stuck with this squad.

Idxomer

Another one to add to Arnold and Murtough's failures if they can't move him.

hobbers

If Luke Shaw is one of your 4 then we do, but this seems to be about the compensation he wants.
Don’t know who to believe with that, considering it was reported we agreed a settlement fee.

Either way, his position will now be even more untenable because he’s going to be hounded for the perception of collapsing the deal over greed.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

I think there's about 90k a week's difference, but I don't have that many fingers to confirm.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He knows his England spot isn't under threat. feck Southgate
I actually thought things started to pick up after Southgate was questioned directly about his not playing for United and still getting picked for England on Talksport.

spiriticon

190k is nearly double of 100k a week!

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Player version of Glazers. Most dislikeable player in the squad for me.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Yes

hp88

Should leave him off the 25 man squad list, he would have move in January to salvage his career.