Maguire | he stays!

cyberman

West Ham are checks bastards.
I’d give it a 2 week deadline and keep him unless a proper bid comes in. No more being treated like mugs

BarstoolProphet

West Ham bidding 45m for Palhinha atleast removes any doubt that they are skint even after selling Rice as the resident West Ham fan alluded to. Loan offers/low bids for either Maguire or McT are insulting.

doomy20

Imagine someone offering 19.5M to tak
This basically. They are hoping we get desperate and offload for peanuts.
Well exactly this is what good business men would do. The initial 80M etc are down the drain anyway. Better get 20 now and off the wage bill than get even less in a year while paying out millions in wages for our 5th choice defender

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
West Ham bidding 45m for Palhinha atleast removes any doubt that they are skint even after selling Rice as the resident West Ham fan alluded to. Loan offers/low bids for either Maguire or McT are insulting.
We have 100m of the Rice money and maybe a pot of 20-40m of our own, and obviously the DM is by far the biggest hole that needs filling. We were going to have to spend big there to get the quality in otherwise we are going to struggle big time.

It's not that we are skint, its that the money has to spread around about 5 different slots and even 100-125m won't go that far with that many gaps needing filling, hence the lower offers in spots where we feel we the weaknesses aren't as pressing.

30-40m on a clear 1st team DM is a different story than 30-40m on a CB when there is already several very solid options in place, especially if thats 30% of the entire budget when youve got 4 other important slots to fill. One is a must have, the other is something you aspire towards if the right deal comes along.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hes doesn’t want to leave because hes on a big salary

BarstoolProphet

We have 100m of the Rice money and maybe a pot of 20-40m of our own, and obviously the DM is by far the biggest hole that needs filling. We were going to have to spend big there to get the quality in otherwise we are going to struggle big time.

It's not that we are skint, its that the money has to spread around about 5 different slots and even 100-125m won't go that far with that many gaps needing filling, hence the lower offers in spots where we feel we the weaknesses aren't as pressing.

30-40m on a clear 1st team DM is a different story than 30-40m on a CB when there is already several very solid options in place, especially if thats 30% of the entire budget when youve got 4 other important slots to fill. One is a must have, the other is something you aspire towards if the right deal comes along.
First off; appreciate your replies in here. What I meant is the optics for being prudent when asking for Maguire/McT doesn't look good when you are straight away bidding 45m for Palhinha (despite him being a very good player and would be a solid buy). Especially when it happens right after you come up with a loan offer for a starting player for England. And isn't both Aguerd and Zouma very injury prone? Being available is one of Maguire's prime qualities.

Whilst Maguire has turned into a walking meme at United, he would still be a very good player/buy for midtable+ clubs. And McT's reputation has somewhat been elevated on the back of his showings for Scotland. Understand that you are trying to get as much value for your budget as possible, but even if both players are backup players for United, they still hold a significant value. Unlike Henderson, who made himself persona non grata at the club. That being said, if DM is your to priority, going for McTominay would be utterly stupid as he is not fit for the role at all.

The Firestarter

Imagine how insufferable he’d be in interviews if that happened. Even if he was loaned as an emergency back-up for a season, he’d bring it up in every single interview.
*Interrupts the interviewer mid sentence
First let me ask you , where am I playing now ?
*Puts hands on ears and points them in the general direction of interviewer

mctrials23

It only takes a couple of injuries for him to be playing regularly for us again, so maybe he’s hanging onto that.
If he is, hes a massive idiot. Martinez doesn't get injured much and hes 4th/5th in the pecking order. The manager doesn't want him and has just stripped him of the captaincy so even if he gets some playing time he will be straight back on the bench when anyone comes back from injury.

He just likes collecting his massive salary. Who wouldn't. His England place is safe by all accounts so he can just sit the last 2 years of his contract out and then probably get paid more that he would do if he moved clubs now.

AndySmith1990

Crap player earning the salary of a star player in not wanting to leave shocker.

Thanks again, Ole and Woodward

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Oh well he’s a decent 5th choice. We’ll just have to remember to ask him not to leave the 18 yard box.

Irwin99

Sooooooo......Spurs maybe? I'm not bashing him but i'm struggling to see where his "no shortage of offers" are coming from, especially considering both fee and wages. I would have thought West Ham might have been ideal, though he'd have to take a pay cut.

He might do well in Italy. Whether or not he'd want to go there is another matter.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Let’s be honest, he’s a perfectly serviceable fifth choice centre half. He’s good to start eight to ten games a season or come on for us when we are 2 or 3 up at home.

The problem is his wages. He’s only being forced out because we can’t pay someone that much money to sit on the sidelines.

I don’t care if he stays or goes because I’m certain that he won’t play much.

Also, I think he wants to play anywhere more than stay here and not, because he wants his England spot for the Euros.

I reckon he’ll leave in January to a club that’s 8 points or so above the drop zone. The best of that bunch will get him.

red.knight

That Sky presenter who made a great “'he’s not short of options” PR for him needs to get paid by Maguire, he's making him sound like prime Nesta :). £25-30m from West Ham should just about do it. He would do well under David Moyes.

Devil81

Time for the men in black to pay a visit, if he won't go we need to make him haha!

captain666

I think it would serve no good to have him in the dressing room next season,be patient for a few weeks, someone may emerge as firm bidder by then.Everyone will sniff a bargain!
Is he actually in our USA tour squad?

Ralaks

I am kind of surprised that he isn't more fearful of losing his England place for the Euros, given he is entering his second season as effectively 5th choice.