Maguire | he stays!

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
£50m is a steal for me. They would be charging us triple that for the exact same players if it were the other way round.
Agree with this
He has to do the math, no? Right now he can still make 20m£ with us but then what's he getting as a free agent after 2 years of wilderness with us at the age of 32? Not much I'd imagine.

Whereas if he gets say 4 yr contract at West Ham at 150k/week, that's 30m£.
Saudi money

Infestissumam

30m is solid offer for him, certainly more than I thought we could get for him. But I doubt it'll happen, because it'd be a good deal for United.

PoTMS

£30m for Maguire is more than I thought we'd get considering the wages he's on and the meme he's become. McTominay should not be sold for less than £40m. We may as well keep him for anything less.

Sanche7

£50m is a steal for me. They would be charging us triple that for the exact same players if it were the other way round.
Exactly. Maguire IMO is worth 35-40 mil and McTominay is worth 40-45 million, at least. I would be looking for a combined fee of at least 75 million, rising to 85 million with some not so hard to achieve add ons.

Telsim

Would be uncharacteristically good business, as long as it's upfront and not addons. Maybe a tiny bit on the cheap side overall, but let's call it a discount for helping us get rid.

Take it and run, I say. Then get Todibo and Amrabat done. Good stuff. Clean.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I'd take it and run to be honest.

But considering they've upped their offer by £10m just like that, I wouldn't be surprised if the club push for a bit more.

West Ham are close to getting desperate aren't they?

lex talionis

You ever seen a dog so eager to get a treat that it bites the hand of whoever’s feeding them in the process? Well it’s like that.
I've never seen that happen, nor ever even heard of a dog biting the hand off a human being. What a happy dog does, when they're not trying to mate with you, is stand up on their back legs and put their muddy front paws on you.

It's time to retire this saying.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I'd take it and run to be honest.

But considering they've upped their offer by £10m just like that, I wouldn't be surprised if the club push for a bit more.

West Ham are close to getting desperate aren't they?
Supposedly tabled a combined bid of £50m+ so just shuffled the values around a bit, but essentially coming up well short. Definitely isn't going to fly, as we're expecting at least £35m-£40m for McTominay alone.

Giggsyking

Exactly. Maguire IMO is worth 35-40 mil and McTominay is worth 40-45 million, at least. I would be looking for a combined fee of at least 75 million, rising to 85 million with some not so hard to achieve add ons.
What?

Enigma_87

You know who
:lol:

tidraKS

Would be uncharacteristically good business, as long as it's upfront and not addons. Maybe a tiny bit on the cheap side overall, but let's call it a discount for helping us get rid.

Take it and run, I say. Then get Todibo and Amrabat done. Good stuff. Clean.
If McTominay, Fred and VdB leave, we’d need two midfielders. I’d like Lavia here.

lex talionis

50m is reasonable for Maguire and McTominay. We are where are and we have to prune the roster down and make room for Amrabat as a direct replacement for McTominay and whoever we have in the queue for Maguire. Do Fred as well (I like Fred a lot, but he's too inconsistent) and we're just about there, waiting to pounce for Kane once the calendar say September 1. It's my understanding that the transfer window closes the 11pm (BST) September 1 -- plenty of time to watch Levy grovel before us while publicly playing the masterful businessman his PR team have made him out to be.

Telsim

I will have some of what you are smoking, mate. It is clearly some quality stuff!

Footyislife

Take Maguire's £30M and tell West Ham we can figure out Scott next. And then once Maguire is done say £45M for Scott. If they say no, keep Scott. Take the funds and buy Amrabat and give Evans a 1+1 deal to add cover.

If we sell DVB, we need the squad depth anyways. Eriksen, McTominay, Amrabat, Mainoo are good backups to have. Next year cut Eriksen loose & sell McTominay to fund Caicedo if Chelsea doesn't buy him this season.

massey

If you need a good read/laugh the west ham forum is on fire atm someone posted this in response of Maguire being 30 ............."If we were signing a 30 year old Rio, Stam or Vidic would we complain? Experience is especially important for defenders. Ferguson had guys like Blanc playing for him deep in their 30s" :lol:

slored1

Goodbye Harry. If we do not accept this we are incredibly foolish.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
If you need a good read/laugh the west ham forum is on fire atm someone posted this in a response of Maguire being 30 ............."If we were signing a 30 year old Rio, Stam or Vidic would we complain? Experience is especially important for defenders. Ferguson had guys like Blanc playing for him deep in their 30s" :lol:
Whats funny about it?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
If you need a good read/laugh the west ham forum is on fire atm someone posted this in response of Maguire being 30 ............."If we were signing a 30 year old Rio, Stam or Vidic would we complain? Experience is especially important for defenders. Ferguson had guys like Blanc playing for him deep in their 30s" :lol:
Link please, I’ve got the popcorn ready.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Supposedly tabled a combined bid of £50m+ so just shuffled the values around a bit, but essentially coming up well short. Definitely isn't going to fly, as we're expecting at least £35m-£40m for McTominay alone.
Yeah, no chance of getting both for £50m

Valuing McT at £20m is a serious low ball offer, Southampton are asking for £30m for James Ward Prowse FFS

Ghostrider318

50m for both is depressingly low. But considering how all of our players are on higher than avg wages, we might have to accept a lower fee

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
The part which compares Maguire to Rio,stam and vidic.
Don't think the poster is directly comparing the quality of Maguire to Rio etc.
Think it's talking about a player with experience for club and country, being a solid investment, rather than a risk on some younger player with 'potential'

Amarsdd

Caf complains we don't sell well and at the same time happy to throw out Maguire and Scott out for 50M? 50M is close to being a disrespectful bid. 30M for Maguire maybe fine but then 20M for Scott? West Ham would themselves be asking 40M+ if the deal was the other way round.

massey

Don't think the poster is directly comparing the quality of Maguire to Rio etc.
Think it's talking about a player with experience for club and country, being a solid investment, rather than a risk on some younger player with 'potential'
Yeah I get it's due to the experience just made me laugh seeing their names included in that part sorry mate.

redshaw

We should accept that, hopefully Harry is keen, as Southgate will want him to be playing regularly soon.