Maguire is no longer United captain

Zed 101

I feel kind of bad for Maguire, but then I remember the amount of money he is happy to sit on the bench for, that said I hope he gets a favourable move and regains his form

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Maguire has been a decent player for us. The way he has been demonised on here leaves me a tad exasperated. I still maintain much of his problems arose because of DDG's reluctance to leave his line and his poor distribution. Maguire has pinged out sone great passes to change the point of attack on many occasions. Hes always been pretty decent for England uncoincidentally with a goalie with better distribution and command of the area.He has always been dignified, not spouting off in public like many. He should receive more thanks and the best of luck in the future

Red Bilko

Last Man Standing Hard Mode champion 2023/24
Is seeing Martinez greeting Mount and his family when he arrived at Carrington a sign that he could be the main candidate for captain?

Terry Chango

Maguire has been a decent player for us. The way he has been demonised on here leaves me a tad exasperated. I still maintain much of his problems arose because of DDG's reluctance to leave his line and his poor distribution. Maguire has pinged out sone great passes to change the point of attack on many occasions. Hes always been pretty decent for England uncoincidentally with a goalie with better distribution and command of the area.He has always been dignified, not spouting off in public like many. He should receive more thanks and the best of luck in the future
Nahhhhh

:lol:

Harry is that you ?

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Nahhhhh

:lol:

Harry is that you ?
Nah. His dad. seriously, I've seen worse players receive less opprobrium. Same with DDG. All of a sudden he is a tosser when we should be thanking them both for their service and wish them all good fortune in the future.

Terry Chango

Nah. His dad. seriously, I've seen worse players receive less opprobrium. Same with DDG. All of a sudden he is a tosser when we should be thanking them both for their service and wish them all good fortune in the future.
You think we should be thanking Harry for his service....:nono:

After failing to represent united on and off the pitch as captain, fighting abroad regardless of the reason, not taking responsibility in interviews (see pre match Liverpool 4-0 defeat in 2022 or the interview where he said he had nothing to prove, cupping his ears at United fans whilst scoring against some European minnows for England, literally bottling it whilst wearing the captains armband on the pitch multiple times and far to many leaks to the press means that he should not be thanked for good service like DDG.

Being dropped and stripped of your captaincy is not usually a sign of good service. It's been a disaster of a signing and I'm not sure how it can be described in any other way.

DDG I agree with but we shouldn't be thanking Harry for anything, It's about time the club got ruthless, we've been soft for years and he was paid handsomely and didn't deliver.

We owe him nothing

led_scholes

Did those worse players cost a record transfer on high wages, while having sub part performances?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Did those worse players cost a record transfer on high wages, while having sub part performances?
So because he cost a lot and got big wages (not his fault) and performed below expectations we shouldn’t thank him for his service. We should only support the players who play well?

Maticmaker

First step to helping Harry clear his mind, but it won't be cleared properly until his 'run-in in Greece' is sorted.
Cant help thinking he has been jinxed somehow, from the £10m over the odds paid for him, to him being a slow defender playing in front of a keeper who can't play out, to his troubles in Greece, etc. Harry had two good seasons when he arrived but since then he has been marking time and his 'time in the sun' at OT is now drawing to a close.
However I wish him well, although at times woefully short on speed, never on commitment.
Good Luck Harry whatever you decide.

Terry Chango

So because he cost a lot and got big wages (not his fault) and performed below expectations we shouldn’t thank him for his service. We should only support the players who play well?
Supporting and thanking are two completely different things.

So as someone who's sat in the stands multiple times supporting Harry and contributing to his wages and because I'll always get behind the lads and i don't boo or throw abuse to the players I personally feel that i don't owe Harry a thankyou and I'll sleep well.

Combined with everything that he's at fault for - Multiple Tone deaf interviews, that celebration, fighting whilst United Captain, literally bottling it on the pitch, costing us games i'd travelled home and away too, not taking responsibility in that interview when he said he had nothing to prove, multiple leaks to the press etc.

No, we shouldn't be thanking him for his services.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
The Maguire situation in a nutshell is what has been wrong with the Glazer ownership.
Appointing a manager who should never have been appointed.
Giving a player who has been average at best with a long contract.

Looks like he is wanting to be paid off for the remainder of his contract rather than be sold.
He still has about 4 or 5 years at some mid table club.
Yet he wants to tarnish his name and the clubs before he leaves.

He should be left to rot in the reserves and should be nowhere near the first team.

Cannot wait to see the back of him.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It must feel weird to him seeing a 35 y.o ex player joined 1 training session and played in the next match.

nickm

He should be left to rot in the reserves and should be nowhere near the first team.

That's not fair on him. He's an employee, he is entitled to hold the club to his contract, and deserves to be treated with respect until he leaves.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The Maguire situation in a nutshell is what has been wrong with the Glazer ownership.

Looks like he is wanting to be paid off for the remainder of his contract rather than be sold.

I'm sure you'd leave your job and break a contract for the sake of the employer

RedDevil@84

if half the team are thinking you're a whinging tit,
Wait what? I thought the whinging about his whinging was only because our fanbase and a bunch of agenda driven media are whinging tits.
Didn't know his team mates were whinging about it.

dubplate warrior

He's been shit. Not sure what games you've been watching but even when he wasn't a meme he was always making mistakes, shoddy positioning, ponderous on the ball and slower then a fridge turning around in quicksand. He's the worst captain and one of the least likable players I've ever seen play for the club through the good and bad. Can't wait for him to go to a midtable team where he belongs and not be told that he's a good player because he played well against Panama.

RedDevil@84

The new safe standing seats section should be named after him.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
This is sort of things that are said on here that gets me livid, when posters associate blames of an individual to another, it lives me wondering if they actually watch the said individual enough, how anyone would be critical of De Gea for Maguire's short coming as a defender is beyond me.

I'll like to point out that Maguire isn't a capable defender to be relied upon, he's easily dribbled past, has little or no pace, can't react quick on the half or full turn, hangs on to the ball far too long so much so you wonder if he's under the assumption the opposition players are mare mannequins plus he's ball playing abilities are largely overrated.

I've seen him enough to not be deceived by post like this.

m1tch

If he wants to stay for the money (and the club wants him to leave as it's too much money for what he offers us) then we should just ensure we have sufficient options at the club to not require him for any of the match day squads this coming season.

If he's not going to be in any squads all season, and it'd take minimum 4/5 CB option injuries for him to get into the team, then he'll move this summer/January/next summer.

Before we get to whether he wants to move though, we need some interested clubs!

The only loans we should consider are ones that cover his wages and that give us a loan fee equal to what we think his value would drop with 1 year less on his deal.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
People thinking he's gonna stay, it's a euros season and he's an England starter. If he wants to keep his place he'll need to move and he knows that.

van Nistelrooy

Casemiro wearing the armband for the second half against Arsenal with Maguire on the pitch.

Maguire no where near the captaincy and rightly so.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Not even vice. Brutal.
Stripped off captaincy means will never be a captain on the pitch. Its normal. Nothing stops him from managing his WhatsApp group though. He is still an admin there.

Tyrion

I dont see how he's tarnishing his name

clarkydaz

Why? Because the opinion of some online haters matters more than playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world? Yeah, right...
He has effectively had his balls chopped off in public, and him hanging around says he is fine with it. After being dropped all last season I'm gobsmacked he is here now, but he does indeed appear to be one of the biggest wet lettuces I have ever seen

Even if you say oh well the club owes him money, that's still reflects poor on him. Instead of kick-starting the end of his career elsewhere at his natural level and salvaging some credibility back

georgipep

He has effectively had his balls chopped off in public, and him hanging around says he is fine with it. After being dropped all last season I'm gobsmacked he is here now, but he does indeed appear to be one of the biggest wet lettuces I have ever seen

Even if you say oh well the club owes him money, that's still reflects poor on him. Instead of kick-starting the end of his career elsewhere at his natural level and salvaging some credibility back
Yeah, I'm sure he is one of the biggest wet lettuces, who captained both Manchester United and England. Dude, I don't know your professional career level but you seem way to bold and macho.

Let's hope he at least got to keep his balls after having them chopped off.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I dont see how he's tarnishing his name
A footballer plays for the shirt which represents the supporters who Are the club. (some on here have not figured that out)
Erik clearly does not see him in his plans.

Go to another club where he can play where he is wanted.
Not try and get the best of both worlds. To be paid off for the contract and go play for another club.
He fell on the Arsenal player. Perhaps Spurs will have him.

Last edited:

Tyrion

A footballer plays for the shirt which represents the supporters who Are the club. (some on here have not figured that out)
Footballers play for the club which is the company that employs them. Let's not be naive.

scottser

Footballers play for the club which is the company that employs them. Let's not be naive.
And the club manager has told Maguire that he is peripheral to his plans and not to expect to be starting games. He is likely to lose his England place also if he stays here. He needs to make some very important decisions this summer and there will be few who think that staying another two seasons at United will improve either his game or his standing at the club.