Maguire needs to be replaced

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
More comedy gold from the Harry camp. Good one!
Why don't you just shut up and respect opinions on a forum , rather than claiming something which you have no idea on ?

Name one post where I supported Maguire. Atleast do some groundwork before accusing someone ffs. Don't be a cry baby.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Maguire’s a good player….going through a horrific spell of form. He isn’t great but he’s still our second best CB and we should build around him and Varane. He really shouldn’t be captain though. He’s a bit of a prick in the wrong sense. I remember when Martial got sent off v Spurs and Rashford had seen it and then Maguire sided with the ref. He’s a bit of a teachers pet twit.

HailtotheKing

Should absolutely not come back into the team on Thursday but you just know he will. That's the problem with having him as the captain. Apart from the fact, he's a shit captain of course. Carrick has dropped Bruno and Ronaldo. Let's hope it's 3 in a row against Arsenal. Can't stand the thought of him coming back into the team and seeing his hangdog expression as we concede a goal. Nor listening to his crap afterward.

captain666

Hopefully Rangnick will relieve him of the captaincy at least giving Harry one less thing to think about.If he can't turn his performances around before next May then he should be sold or donated to some worthy charity!

Foxbatt

He should be tried as a DM. He reads the game well, his passing is good, he can head and tackle and also dribble a lot. His passing is not bad.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He should be tried as a DM. He reads the game well, his passing is good, he can head and tackle and also dribble a lot. His passing is not bad.
If people thought Matic was slow, wait until they see Maguire try and get around the pitch...

StonedhamsterZA

He’s been utter rubbish of late but he is a good defender - just short of confidence and fitness. Ralph will sort him out.
Agree with this. Lots of players go through these spells. The true test will be whether he can get out of this. He was a great player at Leicester and does well for England as well (without the ear cupping bollocks) but he just needs to find his feet again, and perhaps - as a lot of people are suggesting - might do better without the additional pressure of captaincy. The only thing with stripping him of the armband is that it will be another massive hit on what confidence remains.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Why don't you just shut up and respect opinions on a forum , rather than claiming something which you have no idea on ?

Name one post where I supported Maguire. Atleast do some groundwork before accusing someone ffs. Don't be a cry baby.
Very aggressive reply. I just found your post made me laugh. Many people would see that as a compliment.

devilo

Maguire’s a good player….going through a horrific spell of form. He isn’t great but he’s still our second best CB and we should build around him and Varane.
This. I still can't fathom those on here insisting that Lindelof and Bailly are better options than Maguire. It's probably a damning indictment of our defensive options currently though, as pretty much all of them appear mentally weak above all else.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This. I still can't fathom those on here insisting that Lindelof and Bailly are better options than Maguire. It's probably a damning indictment of our defensive options currently though, as pretty much all of them appear mentally weak above all else.
Going by their ManUtd career, Lindelof and Bailly are not better options. Going by this season's performance they are better options. Maguire has been very poor this season.

padzilla

Hipster
Well, he's the captain and the world's most expensive defender, there is no way he won't be one of the first names on the team sheet with the new manager coming in - whether or not he improves on his recent poor form or not, giving the manager a decision to make is another question entirely.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Maguire’s a good player….going through a horrific spell of form. He isn’t great but he’s still our second best CB and we should build around him and Varane. He really shouldn’t be captain though. He’s a bit of a prick in the wrong sense. I remember when Martial got sent off v Spurs and Rashford had seen it and then Maguire sided with the ref. He’s a bit of a teachers pet twit.
Agreed

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Well, he's the captain and the world's most expensive defender, there is no way he won't be one of the first names on the team sheet with the new manager coming in - whether or not he improves on his recent poor form or not, giving the manager a decision to make is another question entirely.
Nobody confirmed he will be the captain in the future.

He will play if RR trusts him to perform, if not, he will be benched. Price tag doesn't matter to RR.

padzilla

Hipster
Nobody confirmed he will be the captain in the future.

He will play if RR trusts him to perform, if not, he will be benched. Price tag doesn't matter to RR.
I agree completely, I just meant for the first few games he is likely to start while RR gets to assess the squad, if he doesn't like what he sees after those initial games will be when Maguire is likely to be dropped.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I agree completely, I just meant for the first few games he is likely to start while RR gets to assess the squad, if he doesn't like what he sees after those initial games will be when Maguire is likely to be dropped.
I am not even sure about that. As Rangnick already has access to footage he might already have ideas about who he will use and who not.

Mind, he might be having a nervous breakdown and as first action on site run to the academy looking for some kids who can play :lol:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Very aggressive reply. I just found your post made me laugh. Many people would see that as a compliment.
Apologies , I was rattled because I have no soft corner towards Harry and actually think it was suicidal to sign him for 80m. But he is still a decent player and some games are meant for him.

We did miss many long balls yesterday which Harry would have easily taken.

FriedClams

Harry is not going to be able to cope with the demands of Rangnick's idelogy. He cannot move the ball quick, takes way too many touches, and often shows for the ball in spaces where it's likely that when he receives it, his options are limited to playing the ball back where it came from or across the goal. I believe he will be a major casualty under Rangnick and it's up to him if he wants to work hard at developing a whole new skill set for playing as a center back.

Prediction: He's sold within 2 years back to Leicester, at a fraction of the price.

lee82gx

Either Maguire improves exponentially quickly with RR’s coaching or he gets dropped and written off.

anything in between will mean RR will end up being sacked because I see Harry as the main reason Ole got sacked in the first place.
I have not seen a poorer display from a MUFC Center back in my whole life for as long as this (starting from last season till now). He consistently gets a 5/10 or lower. On the off days when he goes for a corner and puts on in you’d put him down for a 6/10.

he’s slower than molasses and my Lord he doesn’t hold the off side trap, he traps himself most of the time. Let’s not get into the tackling or lack thereof except for the times he would tackle Shaw, or some other poor team mate.

If I have to write a book called £80m con job you’d know who it was about even before seeing the book cover.
The only sadder thing is we don’t have better players than this. (Except for Varane who is propping up our treatment Center)

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I noticed on two or three occasions in the first half where McTominay and Lindelof do one touch, pass before it comes to big slow Harry. One touch, two touch, three touch, four touch, pass.

Hopeless. We were blessed that he didn't give away a penalty too.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think he’s been great this half. Excellent pass to Rashford, fairly solid defending, good pressing.

also, the penalty thing is a trick that all defenders did/do before VAR existed. Now it’s harder to get away with it due to VAR but he did tonight.

David De Gea

I noticed on two or three occasions in the first half where McTominay and Lindelof do one touch, pass before it comes to big slow Harry. One touch, two touch, three touch, four touch, pass.

Hopeless. We were blessed that he didn't give away a penalty too.
It's like playing 5/7 a side with those boys that just refuse to do the simple thing. Always want to take a couple of touches and find the Hollywood pass when often the most effective thing would be a quick simple pass. It's infuriating to play with at that level and just as infuriating to watch.

Biggins

I fully appreciate that he can have good games but I will be celebrating once he leaves the club. Slow, turns like a truck and prone to very strange mistakes...

How many times have we seen the 'desperately retreat, offering up a perfect shooting angle' routine.

He's pure shit. Should be a rotation player at Burnley.

El Zoido

Can we move him to being club mascot? He can come out of the tunnel holding Ronaldo’s hand and then go and sit on the front row and watch the game from the stands.

Chief123

I’ve said it before but he’s quite possibly the strangest footballer I’ve come across. Simply because at times he looks solid and a quality centre back and at other times he looks sooo mediocre and comical.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Could go down as one of the worst ever transfers in football. £80m! Dearie me.
i’m pretty confident we could get the majority of that back if we sold him to medical science. climate scientists would pay a lot to be able to use his dna to slow down Glazers.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I’ve said it before but he’s quite possibly the strangest footballer I’ve come across. Simply because at times he looks solid and a quality centre back and at other times he looks sooo mediocre and comical.
You could actually apply that entire paragraph to Bailly too.

Woodenlung

That goal was all on Bailly not being able to trap a football. There was no danger until he gave it away. Maguire hasn't played well this season, but it's notable that in the last few fixtures he's been far more solid than either defensive partner. Yet he's the one receiving the majority of the blame.

David De Gea

We sold Fellaini in February 2019 and signed Maguire in August 2019. So by my calculations we had a brief period of 6 months where we didn't have such an undeserving play have such an important role in the team.

I really hoped I'd be proved wrong on Maguire but he's just not good. His strengths (being decent with a high ball played straight at him) really aren't all that unique whereas his weaknesses (total brain farts being caught in possession, dribbled passed like a training cone) really are unique in such a supposed top defender.