Maguire needs to be replaced

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That goal was all on Bailly not being able to trap a football. There was no danger until he gave it away. Maguire hasn't played well this season, but it's notable that in the last few fixtures he's been far more solid than either defensive partner. Yet he's the one receiving the majority of the blame.
That was a part of it but Maguire also failed to cover any of the goal as the last man :lol:

arnie_ni

He needs took out for a while to say the least. When Victor is back put him alongside varane. He's in shocking shocking form

sirAlexsglasses

What was he like at Leicester? Tbh I never really watched a lot of them never mind Maguire. Were Citeh actually in for him or was that pure media speculation? I don’t know if it confidence, he struggles with the weight of the club shirt and captaincy…….or he just s just shit. He fails with the absolute basics and gets caught out far too easily.

talking robot

I actually think he should be fourth choice CB. Personally I'd prefer to see Bailly + Varane as the long term partnership. Lots of speed there and Varane can cover for Bailly's occasional brain farts. Don't think this would leave us weak in the air either.

arthurka

80 million down the drain. What a strange buy him being available all the time isn't really a plus.

Shark

@NotShark
He's one of the worst CB's to if not the worst to ever start this consistently for United. Tragic.

The Hilton

That was a part of it but Maguire also failed to cover any of the goal as the last man :lol:
This is just ridiculously untrue - Lennon had only a balls width to aim at, unfortunately it was an inch perfect finish.

None of it would have happened if Bailly didn't hand the ball to a charging Lennon with only Maguire as last man.

Jackal981

80 million down the drain. What a strange buy him being available all the time isn't really a plus.
We could blame this to our previous manager with his moronic british approach. It's on him bringing this piece of turd for 80mil. Anyone who said he built a better team makes me laugh off my chair.

dave2528

Complete liability in every aspect of his play.

Can't defend. Can't head. Can't stop pinging unnecessary Hollywood passes when he has easier options available.

Shockingly bad.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I think at this point it's so toxic against him that no matter who makes a mistake in defense Maguire will always get some sort of blame.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This is just ridiculously untrue - Lennon had only a balls width to aim at, unfortunately it was an inch perfect finish.

None of it would have happened if Bailly didn't hand the ball to a charging Lennon with only Maguire as last man.
Ah, so Maguire covered the net perfectly which is why they didn't score.

padzilla

Hipster
He has been dire once again.
Could have cost us a penalty for the tangle with Wood, when he wasn't paying attention.
Bailly was the main culprit for the goal giving the ball away but Maguire was far too casual and Lennon took advantage of being under zero pressure.

The Hilton

I think at this point it's so toxic against him that no matter who makes a mistake in defense Maguire will always get some sort of blame.
It's been happening for a while now, every goal we concede is somehow his fault. It usually involves a ridiculous excuse to absolve the player who's actually to blame.

Jerry Garcia

Seems like the Old Trafford crowd is finally starting to get on him. Misjudging that header was comical.

hobbers

He's lucky Ralf is technically interim. I cant see any future where the next permanent manager isnt picking another captain. Someone good enough to start.

NoLogo

I think he is totally lacking any confidence right now. He seems scared all the time, which causes him to make mistake after mistake. Can we get him a motivational speaker or someone else who can infuse some self believes back into this guy?

Oranges038

Watching the highlights of him at half time.

He is actually so bad at some of the basics.

He should be closing off Lennon's option into the corner he scored and pushing him wide so his only chance is to near post.

And that attempted header leaping like a dead salmon.

The Hilton

Ah, so Maguire covered the net perfectly which is why they didn't score.
I can only assume you can't read, or you're a child. Let me break it down for you.

You said Maguire didn't cover any of the goal.

I pointed out that he covered most of it, leaving a very small target that unfortunately Lennon hit with a superb finish.

You then claim I said Maguire covered it perfectly.

Just bizarrely childish. Dislike Maguire by all means, but it undermines your position if you have to speak blatant untruths in order to back it up.

Andersonson

Weird that fans needs to vent in a thread about a player on our own team. The performance threads are closed, yet you need to vent in a different thread?

The guy is clearly struggling and his confidence looks shut. Some support from the fans would do him a world of good.

jeff_goldblum

Watching the highlights of him at half time.

He is actually so bad at some of the basics.

He should be closing off Lennon's option into the corner he scored and pushing him wide so his only chance is to near post.

And that attempted header leaping like a dead salmon.
This is literally the exact opposite of what anyone who has played football will tell you. The far post is a much more difficult finish than the near post in that scenario. Any defender will tell you he's right to block the near post and any attacker will tell you that 99 times out of 100 the shot Lennon tries there gets saved or goes wide.

Tyrion

We could blame this to our previous manager with his moronic british approach. It's on him bringing this piece of turd for 80mil. Anyone who said he built a better team makes me laugh off my chair.
Buying mostly British players in the PL is a bad approach imo. They're usually overpriced (e.g. Kane, Andy Carroll, Maguire). It's why I'm sceptical of buying Rice. He'll cost double of what he's worth.

He is the captain and most expensive centre back. He's going to be held to a higher standard.

Seems like the Old Trafford crowd is finally starting to get on him. Misjudging that header was comical.
That surprised me. It suggests it's not just us moaning on a forum but a common opinion in the fanbase.

M Bison

Supports
York City
It’s hilarious, I said in the match day thread, Varane mistake vs Newcastle and Bailly tonight, and the blame goes to Maguire for both :houllier:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Jeysys Lenon is torturing him. We have no future with this guy in our team as he cannot play unless he’s sitting deep as feck.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I struggle to believe he would make any Premier League team better in his current form.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
It’s hilarious, I said in the match day thread, Varane mistake vs Newcastle and Bailly tonight, and the blame goes to Maguire for both :houllier:
Yeah the agendas are embarrassing