Mame Biram Diouf | 2009/10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Pity the one didnt score today. He must have used his divine sympathyand fet sorry for the shambles that is Pompy. Save it for Villa oh great one. Another Macheda trick this year please!!

talking robot

I think that Diouf has a great chance of making it at United. He has already scored one goal, and every time he gets a chance, he looks like he could score another. It's true that he missed a sitter today, but the fact that he is getting into scoring positions is very promising given his athletic abilities. I am really looking forward to seeing him develop.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I think that Diouf has a great chance of making it at United. He has already scored one goal, and every time he gets a chance, he looks like he could score another. It's true that he missed a sitter today, but the fact that he is getting into scoring positions is very promising given his athletic abilities. I am really looking forward to seeing him develop.
Proved he's human after all.

He wasn't the only one to miss what should have been an easy chance but I liked his link up play and he did take up some good positions.

Decotron

Hes so raw as a player still, almost Manucho like in that respect. Difference is he does come alive in the box. Just one of those players who is always in the right areas.

That particular ability gets you games at every club in the world. he has a chance thats for sure.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I think its good for him to have missed that chance while we were winning by 5-0 rather then when it mattered.. He will learn from that miss ofcourse.. Lets not forget his last coach said this would happen.. He is not a natural finisher and will frustrate very often.. I would like to once again repeat how similar I think he is to Dwight Yorke.. Always playing with a smile on his face too..

Frans

" Wise people talk because they have somethin
He is so energetic and he has so much positive aura around him when he plays that its a joy to watch.

Berba^(-1) i would say.

Hopefully we will score some goals. I just dont know where Macheda is in the picking order. Im a big fan of young Italian.

Devilton

A couple of really good signs against Pompey.

1) As soon as he comes on we get a corner, and his head finds the ball. Misses the target with a difficult header but I like that he's got a good spring in his step and will challenge for the ball in the box.

2) Movement and ability to mix it up with defenders. I'm sure playing at Home when you're 4-0 isn't the best time to judge the quality of your backups but I did like his movement. He along with Owen were ready to pounce on James when Gibson shot from long range. He was in the center waiting to get the cross when Nani's shot was deflected in for our 5th. He was always willing to get into goal scoring positions from crosses and inside balls and that's encouraging given his pace.

3) Joy. The boy was smiling for most of his cameo and I look at that as a good thing. He's very raw and who knows if he will make it, but as long as he does, he should go out there and be happy and express himself. That's what this game should be about.

That's where I see the yorkie in him. York for all his flash was a player that showed his joy of being on the pitch and it certainly didn't hurt his ability to play as a striker.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Personally I'd have liked him to have not been smiling so much after he missed his chance, and after he was too slow to pass to Owen for a tap-in.

Girish II

Thanks geebs for resurrecting this thread, you should be knighted, bless you.

Since his hat-trick against Sunderland reserves, Diouf has bagged a further 3 goals. 2 against Stabæk in a friendly in Norway on 31st January and the first in a 2-0 win against Everton for the reserves last week. Suprisingly The One failed to net in the only other reserve game since (Bolton at home on 28th January)

Highlights of Stabæk friendly

Very good performance from our lads. Stabæk just couldn't handle Mame, Obertan and to a lesser degree Brandy in the first half and once we got the 3rd early in the second it was game over. From then on we were more than happy to sit deep and hit them on the counter and to be fair Stabæk were a bit unfortunate not to get a goal or two. All in all we defended well against some of the best offensive players in the Norwegian league.

Mame was easily the best player on the pitch with Obertan running him the closest. Amos made a couple of very good saves and was solid but for one feck up which almost gifted Stabæk a goal. Dudgeon took his goal extremely well, Reece brwned Redcafe legend Espen Hoff (I think it was him), Gill just about held his own pace-wise against Daniel Nannskog and the midfield 3 were all solid if unspectacular.

Highlights

Highlights of goal against Everton
Next fixture for the reserves is away to Blackburn tomorrow.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
One cup final. One win. Diouf's first medal. Seriously with him on the bench what made Villa think it would be a good idea to even turn up?

Rahul

Alright

So...he isn't that good at this football lark. But having him on the field makes all the other players look twice as good.

Alex

He was fecking awful could have had a hat trick

Status
Not open for further replies.