Mame Biram Diouf | 2009/10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
TREBLE FOR DIOUF

Mame Biram Diouf has put himself in contention for a place in the Manchester United squad to face Hull on Saturday by scoring a reserve team hat-trick.

The Senegal-born striker got his treble in a 4-0 triumph at Sunderland which is bound to receive a glowing report from Red Devils reserve boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Diouf has already made two substitute appearances since his arrival from Molde - Solskjaer's former club - this month and scored his first goal against Burnley last week.

And, with Sir Alex Ferguson needing to keep an element of freshness in his team for next week's Carling Cup decider with Manchester City, Diouf could get the call as United look to go top of the Premier League by beating Hull at Old Trafford.

Gabriel Obertan and Danny Welbeck were also involved in a match watched by Black Cats boss Steve Bruce, while Ferguson will also be delighted that Federico Macheda made a 15-minute appearance after a lengthy spell out through injury.

Girish II

Great finishing, he's really direct with his play, something we don't really have in our squad.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Great start to his United career the boy's had, certainly proving he's not just another Manucho

Good signs

Shimo

should have let diouf take the pen or had he been substituted?
Was subbed by then.

Pogue - if he is left footed then he took the first and second goals with his right really well then. Whichever is his stronger side, nice to see he has confidence to take wither either foot.

Ace

Excellent finish on the first goal. He's making a name for himself, and it's hard to leave a 'hot' striker out of a squad.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Hat trick eh. I know it's only the ressies, but it's good that he knows where the net is. All tidy finishes as well.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Have been very impressed with what I have seen so far.. How was his overall game play last night? I am still trying to get the full game or extended H/L's.. What I have found so far is a better quality video of all the goals last night here they are:

I know its early days still but is it just me or does he seem like a mix of Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole.. Obviously not anywhere near the same level.. This is obviously not racial related either.. As his ex-manager said he will frustrate us plenty with finishing.. I am looking forward to seeing more of him..

I also love how he gives his interviews.. I get the feeling that he is very determined to be a success.. Every time he is asked a question he always says that he will keep training hard and will be ready and waiting for his chance to help the team.. He is also very modest and cares more about the team alot.. His initial reaction is always I am happy the team won.. I was happy to have helped them win etc.. I may be confusing what he means to say as some questions may be too difficult for him to answer and thus stuff getting lost in translation.. But eitherways I for one am reserved and yet somewhat excited..

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I have now tidied up this thread and it can be reopened

WARNING: I will give the harshest punishments to those who continue to use this thread (and forum) as an extension of the General forum. No music videos, no spamming. Stay on topic.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
And so are you Jaywalker, what was wrong with the first one? too much of the 'one' style postings?

muller

Good job GB. Some people made a right messiah out of this thread.

Was the reserve game canceled midweek?

Status
Not open for further replies.