Mame Biram Diouf | 2009/10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

askabob

Its exactly why I dont get excited when Fergie says hes quick.

If he hasnt got a good touch, he will be rubbish.

Too hard to tell today.
When did you get unbanned from the United forum?

Drifter

American
Are some of you serious.Aguero,Villa ect are not coming so get over it and give Diouf a chance.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
lightening fast, just needs to show us he can play football too

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
:lol: Really some of you are unbelievable.

Scholesy

"Lightning fast" means he could be our version of Scott Sinclair or Torres(maybe not). It doesn't mean anything.

As long as he can hold the ball up well, then he has a chance.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Looks very raw.

Needs 6 months before he should a.) be judged, and b.) play regularly for the first team.

RonaldoVII

Can't believe he is being judged when he got 15 minutes including stoppage time, when 10 of those were when we were down to 10 men.

tintedsepia

Just seen the youtbe links:

my observations about diouf:-

great header of the ball (great in the air - better than saha)
natural finisher (nice to have one of those)
strong
Not blessed with blistering pace
excellent compuser
excellent finisher

at the moment not sure if he'll make it in the PL, but SAF has seen him in training with our players, so...

What I'd say is that he seems to be more similar to RvN than Saha

Tx

Actually I revise this.

He's lightning quick.

Needs to work on close control though - and distribution - but not really on enough to settle into the game so this is all a bit premature.

Tx

Rowem

gently, down the stream
If he looks ready now, no need to wait 6 months to put him in the team.
If in training he shows signs that he has miraculous adapted to the pace of English football, the quality of Manchester United footballers, and the expectations of playing for Manchester United and competing to win the Premiership, then yes, put him in the team...

I won't judge him until next season though.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
c)feck off
This reads as if you are suggesting that Diouf should feck off.

However I get the feeling it was aimed at me. Which wouldn't make any sense, logically or grammatically.

Either way, congratulations on being stupid.

Berlinknives

Where where the 4 goals?

He's had his chance. Time to get rid.
Don't be greedy, Diouf's ways are mysterious ... already he has helped a side which lost to lowly Leeds at home become a side capable of drawing with a top half side away.

Where is your faith?

muller

O bloody hell. Some people are doom-mongers aren't they.

Gambit

Took a tricky shot from 30 yards out and put it on target, where he ad to get the ball from deep himself. Every time he lost the ball, he had a brummie pressing him from behind. He also played the majority of his time on the pitch with his back to goal where he plays best facing towards goal. I've seen enough to know that once our players can remember how to get the early crosses in he'll devestate this league. ALL HAIL THE ONE!

Berlinknives

Took a tricky shot from 30 yards out and put it on target, where he ad to get the ball from deep himself. Every time he lost the ball, he had a brummie pressing him from behind. He also played the majority of his time on the pitch with his back to goal where he plays best facing towards goal. I've seen enough to know that once our players can remember how to get the early crosses in he'll devestate this league. ALL HAIL THE ONE!
That 30 yard shot was cool.

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia
The world was not ready.
It was a typical Fergie debut opportunity though. Team isn't playing well, aren't creating anything, so let's send on the new lad he could be jesus.

I think it was unfair to send him on with 10 minutes to play. Fergie made the changes too late to influence the game, I would've subbed Carrick at half time and gone 2 up top, but the tendency has been negative recently.

zub2007

same here too late change, i thought at HT or when we levelled it he should of changed things.

buckooo1978

It was a typical Fergie debut opportunity though. Team isn't playing well, aren't creating anything, so let's send on the new lad he could be jesus.

I think it was unfair to send him on with 10 minutes to play. Fergie made the changes too late to influence the game, I would've subbed Carrick at half time and gone 2 up top, but the tendency has been negative recently.
same here - 10 minutes isn't enough - i think owen would have been the better option with his experience rather than firing diouf into a game we really could have won

i'm sure he will get a good opportunity against city - he looked very very very quick which is great - a few decent balls through or even over the top and he could be onto them

even this adds another dimension to our play

Gambit

I saw enough. The one will lead us to new heights in goal scoring.

krazyrobus

:lol: This you found in 15 minutes or so we were with 10 men? Not to mention that was his debut for the biggest team in the world.

I'd give him a few more instances.
10 men or not when you trap a ball it is NOT meant to roll out 5 yards ahead of you, he didn't have a defender all over his back at the time.

He put in a poor cross that looks like he forced it rather than a fluid motion.

That's all I can remember of him.

I didn't say he would not improve or that he is a flop.

Those were just my 1st observations of him

Status
Not open for further replies.