Mame Biram Diouf | Hanover

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
Confirmed.

Rovers deal for United starlet
Posted on: Fri 06 Aug 2010

Rovers have swooped to secure a loan deal for Manchester United's highly-rated young striker Mame Biram Diouf.

The Senegalese international arrives on a season-long deal at Ewood Park.

Diouf, 22, who signed for United last July from Norwegian side Molde, made six appearances for the Reds last season scoring once, against Burnley.

He netted 33 goals in 75 games during his time in Norway where he earned a great reputation.

Diouf could figure in Rovers' friendly at Hearts tomorrow and will then join up with the Senegal under-21 squad for a fixture on Tuesday.

Source: Blackburn Rovers | News | Latest News | Latest News | Rovers deal for United starlet

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Best of luck to him. Think he'll do well to be honest, got a good mix of pace and power and it'll be a good experience. An Allardyce team isn't really one that I'd pick to prepare a player for United's style, though, but maybe that isn't our intention...

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Good luck to him, I do have doubts about him ever playing for United again though. We are stacked with young strikers and a decent bid next summer if he does well might tempt Fergie to cash in.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Good luck, hope all goes well for him. I have my doubts he'll make the cut, he had his chance in pre-season and looked woeful.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Good luck, best for him and us if he gets some regular football.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Seeing as Blackburn only have two other recognized strikers, with one apparently being on his way, it might turn out a great move for him.

Im pleased for him.

He needs games and a challenge greater than reserve level. Playing for Blackburn is exactly the kind of test which will prove whether he can cut it in this league. When you look at the strikers he has to compete with (Roberts, El-Hadji Diouf, Kalinic, Hoilett and Rigters) I see no reason why he can't be a key player for them.

kundalini

I think he'll do ok and will be back with us in 12 months' time when Berbatov and Owen have moved on.

Tibs

Blackburn nailed on for 4th spot.

Good move for Diouf

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Make or break season for him basically then.
You get the feeling it's a break or break season, really. Sending him on loan to a team who play very differently to United going forward means even if he's a success, it just means he's proven in a much more basic system. Doesn't really benefit us hugely, although it'll get him up to pace a bit quicker.

How often have we seen an attacking player go on loan to a team that plays direct football and be a success, and yet still move on after that? The majority of times, I'd imagine.

Have to say the cynic in me makes me think it's a move to put him on the shop window. Still, at least we'll have furthered a young players' career.

CentreForward

Berba's bitch. A Bulgarian dEvil
Good move for him. Hope he shows what he's capable of there. Hope to have him back better and stronger

beardsleybob

How much did he sign for? And what chance does he have of doing a Manucho? Didn't see much preseason, but what I've seen of him he's been shit

honcho

we might get to the end of next season drooling with anticipation after he has terrorised a few defences and scored a few goals for blackburm.love to see our players going to other premiership clubs,makes it all the more interesting watching MOTD highlights,Remember the headlines like the one the special one on here.....hope the lad does well......big sam will knock any rough edges of him,same goes for danny wellbeck,hope we are drooling over him in a years time.......brucie a good man to send Man Utd players to.....

Mick1991

I can't say I'm pleased that it is Blackburn, their are positives such as first team and premier league experience but there style isn't ideal, but beggars can't be chooser's I suppose it will help him hone other aspects of his game and when he returns back to HQ the coaches will help him refine the aspects of his game that will be more useful for him to make an assault on the United first team.

The experience will definitely be worthy.

Lebowski

You get the feeling it's a break or break season, really. Sending him on loan to a team who play very differently to United going forward means even if he's a success, it just means he's proven in a much more basic system. Doesn't really benefit us hugely, although it'll get him up to pace a bit quicker.

How often have we seen an attacking player go on loan to a team that plays direct football and be a success, and yet still move on after that? The majority of times, I'd imagine.

Have to say the cynic in me makes me think it's a move to put him on the shop window. Still, at least we'll have furthered a young players' career.
Let's be honest, aside from Beckham, has sending a young United player out on loan ever aided their development into a first team regular?

MacMUFC

His technical abilities can be really erractic at times. Hopefully this will improve with this move. If I had to make a prediction, i'd say he wont be a success there, I really dont rate him.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
He has so much more than Manucho, frankly. He's just pretty raw at the moment. He's fast and brave and has plenty of skill. I hope he does well at Blackburn and returns to us next season.
Yes he's still very raw and turns 23 in a couple of months. Welbeck,Macheda and Chicharito are all younger and more talented and then there is the younger ones like Joshua King and Keane. Diouf might have a decent career but most likely not at United.

The Physio

Let's be honest, aside from Beckham, has sending a young United player out on loan ever aided their development into a first team regular?
Yes, of course it has. Ben Foster, Darron Gibson and John O'Shea are three. There are more and I just haven't thought of them yet. Cleverley too.

Ole'sbodyguard

Yes, of course it has. Ben Foster, Darron Gibson and John O'Shea are three. There are more and I just haven't thought of them yet. Cleverley too.
Evans is another one. His loan spells with Sunderland were essential to bringing him upto United standards.

Richardson's spell with WBA gave Fergie enough confidence to give him two years as a United squad player. The fact he did not take advantage of it has nothing to do with the loan spell which was a success.

Pique's spell in Spain brought him along and even though he did not play alot he was part of the first team squad 08/09.

Rossi's loan spell with Parma was a massive help to him and although it lead to him being sold it was a success.

In all honesty most of the time, loaning a player is for their benefit, even if it does not mould them into a United first team regular in the end. Only really Campbell's loan with Spurs and Rossi's to Newcastle which were seemingly counterproductive.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Evans!

So why did we sign him in the first place?
Think it has all the hallmarks of a "punt" signing. Fergie mentioned at the time that we'd been following his progress but weren't intending to make a move yet, until other clubs started bidding. We obviously thought he was worth signing to stop him going elsewhere. Since then we've obviously brought Hernandez in, though. Don't think it's necessarily the end of his career here, but it's anything but assured either.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon

I don't think that SAF would pay around £4 mill for a player, just to make a quick profit. If he was signed for next to nothing (like Manucho), then your theory may be spot on but I just don't think it's the case. SAF probably sees Diouf as a future back up striker (squad player essentially) because I can't seen both Welbeck and Macheda staying here. I could see our striker force consisting of Rooney, Hernandez, Macheda/Welbeck and Diouf in a few years.