Mame Biram Diouf | Hanover

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
On a serious note. Bild(hardly the most reliable though) were claiming that Dortmund want to sign him as replacement for Lewandowski. What a turnaround for him, if true.

AVARiCE

I haven't read this thread so I apologise in advance if this is the popular opinion now, as opposed to the one where everyone mocks him.

Isn't it possible that he's actually a decent player, who was a prospect and not a marketing ploy when we bought him? It didn't work out here and, without pointing the finger at the genius that is SAF, it was hardly likely when he was played as a winger. From there, given the quality of training he was given, he's gone to a league that's a step down (despite its undeniable quality) and is now fulfilling his promise?

Basically, this whole "THE ONE" thing turned from innocent parody following some questionable signings into a way to write off a player who didn't deserve it at all. Anyone agree?

prateik

Who the feck thought signing Diouf was a marketing ploy?
Fergie said he didnt want to sign him that soon.. but other clubs started showing interest and we had to move in.

Clearly had the potential. Never got a run of games.
And wasnt going to make it will the strikers we had..

Its the kind of players we'll always take the chance with. If they can click instantly then they stay.. if not, we get our money back (most of it.. and in most cases)

Rowem

gently, down the stream
And won me quite a bit of money, love the guy. We could have given him more chances, although he probably isn't the type of forward we now favor upfront.

He was never going to get in ahead of Hernandez. Shame we found them both at around the same time.

Chris H

Video Posting God
Brace for the Diouf today. He is obviously better than Falcao, who had zero (0) braces this week.

Video link