Mame Biram Diouf | Hanover

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Whilst going to Blackburn will suit him in terms of the football they play, will it be a case of getting stronger at his strengths, and weaker with his faults? Yes, he'll adapt to their style of physical football, however might this further hinder his technical side which he needs to work on to have a long term future at United?
IMO his long term future at United depends on how regularly he can hit the net in the EPL.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
IMO his long term future at United depends on how regularly he can hit the net in the EPL.
Of course it will. To me, he's in a long line of strikers waiting to have a spell in the first team for us and he's not near the front. He might well stay at Blackburn after his loan spell, can't say I'd be too surprised to be honest.

Of course it will. To me, he's in a long line of strikers waiting to have a spell in the first team for us and he's not near the front. He might well stay at Blackburn after his loan spell, can't say I'd be too surprised to be honest.
As I said, if he proves a EPL goal scorer at Blackburn. We wont let him go.

Ferguson

I think he's a handful for defenders with his speed and power.

If he is played, then I expect he'll score goals for Blackburn.

Minkaro

On the bench against Hearts, I'm told.

Is this now the DioufWatch thread?

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
He'd take Owen's place. Besides, Welbeck will most likely end up being a wide forward at OT. Both Macheda and Hernandez wont be easy to displace upfront.
Macheda, Rooney, Berbatov, Hernandez and Diouf is still too many forwards for two places (even worse when we play 451). Also Wellbeck hasn't exactly shown much promise playing out wide, all the good performances I've seen have been playing as a striker.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Scored on his debut, someone tells me.

Edit: Confirmed, What a debut. El-Hadji Diouf's cross flicked on by Pedersen and Diouf slams home from an angle

Zen

I predict he'll be more of a success than Manucho was on his loan to Hull.

Macheda, Rooney, Berbatov, Hernandez and Diouf is still too many forwards for two places (even worse when we play 451). Also Wellbeck hasn't exactly shown much promise playing out wide, all the good performances I've seen have been playing as a striker.
In the FA cup semi final vs Everton he was our best player while playing as a left winger. Welbeck's only problem out wide, and in general, has been getting knocked off the ball easily at EPL level, rather than application. Once he gets his physique right he will be able to play either upfront or outwide with ease.

Besides most top teams have 5 forwards to cover 2 roles. Also, we must not forget we currently stick to one forward in most big games mostly because the likes of Anderson are still maturing as midfielders.

Red_Aaron

scores on his debut against hearts
10 yrds out, left foot, hard and low - keeper no chance (according to Lanacshire Telegraph)

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Quick question about loans: is it like with a transfer and the player has to agree to it, or can the club that owns him pretty much tell him he's going?
Well of course a player COULD turn down the move if they want, but in practise if they do against the club's wishes, it's very unlikely to endear the player to the parent club I'd imagine. So basically a little from column A, a little from column B.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
In the FA cup semi final vs Everton he was our best player while playing as a left winger. Welbeck's only problem out wide, and in general, has been getting knocked off the ball easily at EPL level, rather than application. Once he gets his physique right he will be able to play either upfront or outwide with ease.

Besides most top teams have 5 forwards to cover 2 roles. Also, we must not forget we currently stick to one forward in most big games mostly because the likes of Anderson are still maturing as midfielders.

Interesting, you think that once Anderson starts to reach his potential we will go back to playing 442 more often?

[/B]

Interesting, you think that once Anderson starts to reach his potential we will go back to playing 442 more often?
Yes. Anderson is still being converted to a two man midfielder. If the conversion is sucessful. He and Fletcher would then easily form a very good 2 man midfield to enable us to play 4-4-2 in the long term. Going by their energy levels alone. Hopefully by then also players like Pogba and James would also start making there mark as future cover/competition for a player like Fletcher. For they could be key in helping the likes of either Gibson, Eikrem or Petrucci to develop into midfielders capable of playing in a 2 man midfield ala Scholes in his earlier days. Who was an extra asset in attack but relied heavily on Keane's energy and Butt's grit to back him up.

Shimo

Best of luck to him - it might be a good match being that he is physical, works hard and fairly good in the air. I hope he lights up the league. Even if he doesn't work out for us - the way people talk about him (or other prospects they don't rate) as some piece of merchandise to be discarded is disheartening.

He seemed quite up for it in pre-season, just lacked getting that goal that might have spurred him on. Glad he scored for them today - should hopefully put him in the right frame of mind going into the season and maybe even put him as a starter.

mexos

Academy player
Like I always said in the previous Diouf Watch, he was never good enough to walk in to the team straight away. The Norwegian season ends in November so he never got any pre-season training. He was, and still is, a good player waiting to happen, but he wastes too many chances. But after following him in Norway we've seen massive progress the last year and he was scoring more rapid before being played on the wing for Molde.

This loan will do him a load of good, he's not good enough now, but for feck sake, don't write the guy off after half a season. Idiots.

zub2007

simple if he shines during the loan spell we will most likely keep him otherwise could be time up like our other loanees

Drifter

American
Blackburn Rovers No2 Neil McDonald was delighted with on-loan Manchester United striker Mame Biram Diouf's goal scoring performance against Hearts.

McDonald was more than happy with the run-out and admitted new boy Diouf could not have made a better impression.

He told the Lancashire Telegraph: “It was a decent work-out. We obviously had two games at the weekend and trying to feature everyone. For the new lad to score goal is excellent.

“He showed what he is all about and certainly worked hard in the second half, which is great. He showed he has a good touch and knows what to do at the right time.

“First impressions are great. First impressions are he is a goal scorer and he scored a goal. Upwards and onwards. He is very, very quick and looks to get behind when he can. He is a little bit different to what we have.

“We have been watching him for quite a while and the gaffer has got in touch with Sir Alex and done the business for us.

“Hopefully if he gets the chances he will stick it in the back of the net like he did. If we can’t buy them in, we will have to loan them in. We are looking forward to working with him.

“I think you have seen glimpses of what he can do, which is great. He looks intelligent, has a canny touch, is quite good in the air and knows when to make his runs.

“It is a promising start. Hopefully it will help everyone. We have a good staff who can hopefully progress him.

"Try and make him stronger, try and make him faster. He is going to get better by playing games, scoring goals and being in the right position.”

Hope they don't like him to much and he returns to OT a better player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't know why people have so little hope for Diouf. Clearly, he needs time to learn how to use his abilities. I don't think we can judge him the same way as we can judge someone like Gibson right now. We'll find out a lot about him during this loan spell.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think he was unfortunate and shouldn't be written off. Glad he scored today and hopefully he takes that into the season. He's still young and will improve. It's the easiest thing in the world to write someone off. He will get goals for Blackburn, if he's fit. I reckon 12 certainlys not beyond him but the potentials there to get more and he CAN play abit too..