Man City v Chelsea - The Champions League Final...

Who will win the Champions League final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlackShark_80

Ederson
Walker Stones Dias Cancelo
Rodri
KDB Gundogan
Mahrez Bernardo Foden

Mendy
James Silva Rudiger
Azpi Kante Kovacic Chilwell
Pulisic Werner Mount​

city/Chelsea fans, this look about right or am I way off?
Think Zinchenko might start over Cancelo, KDB as a false 9 over Bernardo. As for Chelsea, James probably RWB and Havertz start over Pulisic.
City:
Ederson
Walker - Stones - Dias - Zinchenko
Fernandinho
Bernardo - Gundogan
Mahrez - De Bruyne - Foden

Chelsea:
Mendy
Azpilicueta - Silva - Rudiger
James - Kante - Kovacic - Chilwell
Mount - Werner
Havertz​

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Not for Liverpool and Utd fans though. Just gonna avoid this and check the score afterwards in the hope that Chelsea has won it. Or get so wasted in the afternoon that I forget the match is on in the evening.
Almost literally how I felt in 2019. I went from not wanting Liverpool to win single corner in any game ever to being forced to wish for them to win the fecking Champions League final.

I hope we give you the same lesser of two evils outcome you gave me that day.

Oranges038

Noel Gallagher thinks they've earned it...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57275565

So I'm all for City, they've put in so much hard work, even more so than Chelsea. About half a bilion more of someone elses extra hard work has gone in to get them this far. Surely they deserve on that basis alone.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Ederson
Rodri
KDB Gundogan
Mahrez Bernardo Foden

Mendy
James Silva Rudiger
Pulisic Werner Mount​

Zinchenko will certainly start instead of Cancelo and I'm not sure about Pulisic, but I think that you got it right.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Not for Liverpool and Utd fans though. Just gonna avoid this and check the score afterwards in the hope that Chelsea has won it. Or get so wasted in the afternoon that I forget the match is on in the evening.
Certainly but it would still give you a good idea of what to expect next season.

Bulldog United

If this was us or Liverpool in the final, you wouldn't escape the build up for well over a week.

But with these two non-entities playing each other, nobody cares.

I can't wait for this game.... to be forgotten about.

I reckon this could easily have the lowest viewing figures for any Champions League era final.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
We lose a Europa League final and City win their first Champions League and complete a treble a few days later.

I don't think it gets any worse than this.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Like asking who you want to have sex with your wife? Bob or Tom.

Not even going watching it.

DoomSlayer

City winning their 1st CL or Chelsea winning their 2nd. I think I might stay off football and off Manchester United for the next 2-3 months, can't be bothered with the Euros either.

DoomSlayer

Is it? Look who they are owned by.
By rich people who actually invest money into their clubs and show at least some sort of care about the social benefits that it all brings? Maybe we should be looking at who is owning our club instead of being jealous of the others.

Paul_Scholes18

I hate if City win it, but I think they will. I just do not see Chelsea scoring enough goals. Also if it goes to pens I think City will win it for sure.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
How's it bad for Liverpool fans ? What's your rivalry with City or Chelsea ?

cyberman

By rich people who actually invest money into their clubs and show at least some sort of care about the social benefits that it all brings? Maybe we should be looking at who is owning our club instead of being jealous of the others.
You think the owners care about Manchester?

cyberman

They care enough to invest billions of their own money. It's night and day compared to the Glazers.
Im not saying the Glazers are great but you cant compare willingness to spend personal wealth when one side is a literal country.

DoomSlayer

Im not saying the Glazers are great but you cant compare willingness to spend personal wealth when one side is a literal country.
Of course I can. We could be matching and even outspending City if it wasn't for the Glazers. And if we had owners, who cared about football, the directors and the decision-makers in the club would be much better suited for the job, so we wouldn't have to also waste most of the money, like we have done so far.

But instead, the man from JP Morgan, who helped the leeches get their dirty hands on us, was given the reigns and free power, whilst having no idea about football or how a club of this stature should be ran. It's kind of pathetic how instead of pushing the owners out, our fanbase spent years bashing Abramovich or Mansour, just because these people are showing more involvement and better care for their football club.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Not gonna watch. Lose lose all the way around. I guess Chelsea winning is better though not by much.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Guess I want Chelsea to win, but don't really care much about it frankly. Will probably be asleep before finish.

Thankfully, proper football is right around the corner.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I don’t really want Chelsea to be just 1 UCL behind us...

Heinzesight

It’s not exactly a glamour final is it? Just one relatively big-ish club versus a medium sized club.

At least Chelsea have decent fan base unlike the shit moustachioed, Kangol wearing, egg stained Berts from round the corner who have the skill to make any celebrations look cringeworthy and tacky as feck.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I honestly don't care too much either way.

But, yeah, obviously - has to be Chelsea all things said and done .

padr81

Supports
Man City
Tough one to call. I think that if City don't blow Chelsea away first half Chelsea will win.

I'd say it'll finish either 3-0 or 3-1 to City from a 2-0 halt time lead. If the game is close I fancy Chelsea by the odd goal or on pens.

padr81

Supports
Man City
It’s not exactly a glamour final is it? Just one relatively big-ish club versus a medium sized club.

At least Chelsea have decent fan base unlike the shit moustachioed, Kangol wearing, egg stained Berts from round the corner who have the skill to make any celebrations look cringeworthy and tacky as feck.
Interesting take as it was Chelsea who couldn't sell 5800 tickets and had to send nearly 1k back

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Can see Pep shooting himself in the foot by trying something overly complicated tactics-wise after City's two recent defeats to Chelsea.
Don't see why people keep bringing those up, as the expected starting XI tomorrow will feature just three players who started the FA Cup defeat and just two who started the loss in the league. If City revert to the formation and lineup they used in the Dortmund and PSG ties, I can't see this game having any resemblance to those last Chelsea defeats.

The last time Chelsea faced anything close to City's actual team, they were pulled apart at Stamford Bridge and lost 3-1.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Ederson
Rodri
KDB Gundogan
Mahrez Bernardo Foden

Mendy
James Silva Rudiger
Pulisic Werner Mount​

Most likely it'll be Zinchenko and Fernandinho over Rodri and Cancelo. At least I really hope so. Joao starting would likely be a disaster.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Lot of mental midgets about who apparently don't care but feel the need to voice the fact that they don't care which heavily implies they actually do care but feel the need to apply some self preservation to the scenario :lol: