g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Man City v Chelsea - The Champions League Final...

Who will win the Champions League final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Have been watching these finals since the 80s and I can't recall a final i care less about than this one.

For what its worth I think Tuchel will lose another CL final narrowly. 2-1 Man City
Dippers v Spurs was worse.

As for this game, I unfortunately see a 3-0 City win, maybe 3-1. However, I see Chelsea doing well for large parts of the game and missing all their chances.

Banana Republic

........They're mission and obsession was to make man city better than United and the best team in England.
That isn’t even the half of it.
Their mission is much bigger than that.

In a way it is a business investment, it's effectively the PR arm of a nasty regime.
City doesn't make any money for them.....

.....The only way they'll leave City is if the oil money dries up or if it stops being an effective front for their dirty money. And you're right, it won't happen any time soon.
It’s totally a business investment and far more than a PR whitewash exercise or even just for kudos.
The Gulf oil families are fully aware that the oil will eventually dry up and have always worked towards using their vast wealth, as a once in a lifetime opportunity to cement their future in other commercial and financial spheres.
A global sports brand, or franchise, is just one of dozens of business avenues these guys have been investing in.

Man City is the flagship and financially largest of the dozen or so clubs they already own. They plan to own more “City” branded clubs around the world.
Did you know, the sheik’s company now only own 78% of the City Football Group?
They have started bringing in big investors from China and global banking groups.
They’re trying to build a multinational powerhouse in the football business.
The money from oil will mean less and less over time.

Last edited:

The Hilton

That isn’t even the half of it.
Their mission is much bigger than that.

It’s totally a business investment and far more than a PR whitewash exercise or even just for kudos.
The Gulf oil families are fully aware that the oil will eventually dry up and have always worked towards using their vast wealth, as a once in a lifetime opportunity to cement their future in other commercial and financial spheres.
A global sports brand, or franchise, is just one of dozens of business avenues these guys have been investing in.

Man City is the flagship and financially largest of the dozen or so clubs they already own. They plan to own more “City” branded clubs around the world.
Did you know, the sheik’s company now only own 78% of the City Football Group?
They have started bringing in big investors from China and global banking groups.
They’re trying to build a multinational powerhouse in the football business.
The money from oil will mean less and less over time.
Wow are you on their PR team? Unless you're suggesting that they'll become the glazers when the oil runs out?

Nah come on its a front, pretty much all the money that City bring in is from the owners in a roundabout way, unless you think they're gonna make money by sponsering themselves with their own oil money.

BorisManUtd

Don't see Chelsea winning CL for 2nd time much better option than City winning it so will probably avoid the game like I did with 2019 final.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Maybe if you focused on your own teams problems instead of blaming your failures on others you might improve? Also more than a little rich for a United fan to be whining about clubs having too much money.
The ironic thing is he admits he only "supports" United because of the trophy count which makes him the biggest plastic of them all.

Coxy

Hope Chelsea win it - really don’t want to see City join us with holding one of these..

I think if anybody can beat City its Chelsea.

I dont particularly care what either of them do but at least Chelsea are no kind of rival to us.

Ludens the Red

It's the people throwing the word plastic around that are the actual plastics. The kids that became United fans because they won everything and they want their monopoly back, not winning is not what they signed up for.
Maybe head to the shed end if you’d like a forum with no “plastic” comments about city and Chelsea. This is probably the only forum you’re allowed to slag off the club and fans of said club and not be banned. You’d do well to remember that, along with the person you quoted who seems puzzled with the concept of Man United fans wanting Man City to lose a game.

Redfrog

It will be a good game to watch for a neutral.

3-2 for Manchester City.
No, not really…this game was played 3 times already this season and I never liked a champions league final with only one country in it, its not the spirit of Europe !
Plus this is two teams without history and only endless pit of cash to show for…
Nothing exciting about it…

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Maybe head to the shed end if you’d like a forum with no “plastic” comments about city and Chelsea. This is probably the only forum you’re allowed to slag off the club and fans of said club and not be banned. You’d do well to remember that, along with the person you quoted who seems puzzled with the concept of Man United fans wanting Man City to lose a game.
I'll head where I want, pal. You'll do well to remember that.

Are you one of them? Or you here to defend every single United fan like your all like-minded and of one motive for being so?

Take a breath.

(the shed is full of morons btw, total echo chamber, at least here there are differing views)

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Have been watching these finals since the 80s and I can't recall a final i care less about than this one.

For what its worth I think Tuchel will lose another CL final narrowly. 2-1 Man City
Completely right. First CL final since I started watching football I couldn’t care less about. Bring on the Euros.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
A lot of bitter comments here.

Good luck to Pep.
Yeah I am sure the Barca forums were full of rational comments and praise before the CL final 2018 wishing RM luck for their 3rd CL win in a row.

Or before the CL final 2014 wishing them luck for finally deservedly winning La Decima.

Oh and I don’t even want to know what the Barca forums looked like when RM trashed Pep’s Bayern 5-0 in the CL semi.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
1:0 for Chelsea, Rüdiger wins it for Chelsea

Banana Republic

Wow are you on their PR team? Unless you're suggesting that they'll become the glazers when the oil runs out?....
Anyone can easily find out about the Abu Dhabi United and City Football Group set-up and their growing global football empire.
I’m not championing it; just stating facts.
The Glazers are not in the same ball park.
It’s the sad reality of the situation.

....Nah come on its a front, pretty much all the money that City bring in is from the owners in a roundabout way, unless you think they're gonna make money by sponsering themselves with their own oil money.
Yes, everybody knows how they’ve got the money into City and fiddled the system, but that can also be seen as massive long term investment in so far as they hope it‘ll bring returns in the future.
It may have escaped your notice, but apart from the various “family firms” who‘ve provided the bulk of the so called sponsorship income since they took over, they are now getting some genuine big commercial contracts.
A CL victory and the prospect of more to come, is going to draw in a lot more from some big name sponsors.
Let’s face it, they’ve been using the oil money to create a money making monster in its own right.

The only way Utd, or any other club will be able to challenge them, is on the football pitch. Just like Lille have done to PSG this season and Leicester a few years ago. City’s financial power is cemented in and is only going to grow even bigger.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Well, it's a United forum, what do you expect? I bet the Barca forum would be full of people wishing the best when the two Madrid teams played in the final.
It's directed towards both teams. Saying it's the most hallow and plastic final is just weird. The majority of us will be following the final regardless of who plays.

Know your audience pal, feck that intense, bald weirdo.
:lol:

Yeah I am sure the Barca forums were full of rational comments and praise before the CL final 2018 wishing RM luck for their 3rd CL win in a row.

Or before the CL final 2014 wishing them luck for finally deservedly winning La Decima.

Oh and I don’t even want to know what the Barca forums looked like when RM trashed Pep’s Bayern 5-0 in the CL semi.
Calm down, never said you should be wishing City good luck. Its more about saying this final is void and hallow and plastic.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
It's the people throwing the word plastic around that are the actual plastics. The kids that became United fans because they won everything and they want their monopoly back, not winning is not what they signed up for.
Pretty much. And that's the case with all of the "original" top teams fans. Pretty sure both teams tonight didn't really dominate football the past 10 years as much as people say.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea

What I'd give to have this nutcase in his prime up top for us today.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
It's directed towards both teams. Saying it's the most hallow and plastic final is just weird. The majority of us will be following the final regardless of who plays.

:lol:

Calm down, never said you should be wishing City good luck. Its more about saying this final is void and hallow and plastic.
Well it’s definitely plastic. No doubt about it.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Really looking forward to the game. Been some time that I was okay with either outcome in the final.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
No, not really…this game was played 3 times already this season and I never liked a champions league final with only one country in it, its not the spirit of Europe !
Plus this is two teams without history and only endless pit of cash to show for…
Nothing exciting about it…
Eh? The two better teams reached the final and they happen to be english this time, so what does it have to do with the 'spirit of Europe'?

There are two ways to see this final. On one hand two very good teams, two great managers, tactically very astute and each one with their own vision and a point to prove. Imo it will be a good game.

The other way is the snob-ish, partizan route with the mandatory 'muh oil money and muh no history' as if you weren't spending a dime or didn't raid other teams in your glory days (and still do). They're just doing it better than others at the moment and History has to begin somewhere to be written.

Last edited:

ShinjiNinja26

It’s impossible to get excited for El Plastico. Just have to hope Tuchel can get the better of Pep one more time but it’s going to be a tough ask.

SAFMUTD

I'm going to be depressed, so jealous of them having a top team with a top manager. Their past, present and future is bright. While we are stucked in mediocrity.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Lot of mental midgets about who apparently don't care but feel the need to voice the fact that they don't care which heavily implies they actually do care but feel the need to apply some self preservation to the scenario :lol:
100% correct. 9 years of having your crosstown rivals ahead of you who were no marks playing in a European Cup final is crushing No matter how they are financed.
At the same time your biggest rivals are winning also is just more added on. I would say I didn’t care if it was Everton doing the same thing to Liverpool.
i don’t know who to root for myself until the match gets going but I have a feeling it’s going to be a good game. Pressure in these matches are immense so anything can happen.

FatTails

It is only a matter of time before City win it, but I hope that can wait one more year. This year has been shite as it is, no one wants it to culminate in City winning the big one, considering what they are and what they represent.