Man City v Chelsea - The Champions League Final...

Who will win the Champions League final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FatTails

Are you such a Pep man that you can't admit he's got tactics wrong, maybe just once in his life?
You’re kidding right? I said he looks like he got it wrong, and I want them to lose.

But comparing him to Ole is hilarious still. One is proving himself at the highest level still, and hopefully he will do so, and the other is known to be world class with a record to back it up.

UTD_Since_1978

Great pass by mount for the Chelsea goal, that Chelsea number 11 Werner has been awful in front of goal, ain't he?

arnie_ni

This is what we need - A Kante-type of a player
Him and CB, forget about Jadon
It isn't just kante. I can't spell his name, but we have noone in our team like the guy beside him that can just keep recycling and maintaining the ball like he does. They work great as a pair.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Pep will easily make subs and turn it around. If it was Ole in this final it would have been lost a long time ago.
City has only won once under Pep when trailing at half time, and once in the last 110 games or thereabouts.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
If city loses this game we know for sure Guardiola is a flop of a coach/manager, the team with the best players in Europe and they are been destroyed by Chelsea. Cancelo and Aguero should be playing.
Since when is the guy losing in the champions league final a “a flop of a coach/manager”? Come on, let’s not get carried away. He’s obviously a top, top coach.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You’re kidding right? I said he looks like he got it wrong, and I want them to lose.

But comparing him to Ole is hilarious still. One is proving himself at the highest level still, and hopefully he will do so, and the other is known to be world class with a record to back it up.
Will let you off.
It's been a gruelling afternoon arguing with some right fan boys on other threads. :lol:

Comparing to Ole record v record of course is silly.

But i think the guy was just saying imagine the stick Ole would have got for a weird tactical decision. Pep shouldn't be above reproach because he's won a lot.

dbs235

Mount has been nothing short of top quality thus far. Every touch, every pass — just making the right call every time
Such a good player and most likely be Chelsea captain in a few years, he's still only 22. Not much more he can do to prove himself than to do in the CL final.

Deery

Dreary
Did Werner go off for Pulisic? Because that’s what I would do...

RedDevilRoshi

Crazy decision by Pep not to make any changes at HT.

Gundogan is never a DM and this false nine that they are playing isn’t working.

The United

I don't know if anyone talked about it yet. How comes Silva just sat there looking like someone died when everyone was jumping around when they scored?

Pretty odd.

arnie_ni

Naw, I’d think differently and start James over Walker.
Fair enough. I think it's him or walker starting for what it's worth. They are the most complete players.

So while I say walker and TAA as back up on the bench, James would be my backup starter if you get me.

GenericUtdfan

Seems like most people are rooting for Chelsea. Is it because they are deserving or is it because the hate for City runs deep ?
I didn't have the motivation to care about this final. Losing an European final just a few days ago, along with watching our closest rivals sweep all trophies in the last few years since we have won one, has been deflating. But watching this game, my gut is naturally wanting Chelsea to win. It's much less of a blow than our cross-town rivals winning it on top of the great season they've already had.

JustCoco

Supports
Red Devils
They have? When and where?
Well they’ve both won the league, Mancini added an FA cup and Pelligrini won them the league cup twice.

what’s Pep done so far other than have a higher points total - which ultimately means nothing, winning is winning and losing is losing?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Game raisers or just really poor against defensive sides?
Game raisers, the attitude is totally different when we play the bigger teams it doesn't matter how they play themselves we tend to match their level. Also Ole tends to be more creative, adventurous in his decisions. I think that we play with the mentality that we have nothing to lose.

bsCallout

Its funny how we finished 2o but the team that finished 4o seems to be miles ahead of us in terms of quality. If it wasn't for Werner they could have scored atleast 1 more.
To be fair they did spend £240mil On first teamers & got Thiago in the summer. I wish we'd done the same.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
How is this comparable? One has won two league titles, a bunch of league cups, and toys with PL sides weekly, then gets it wrong in a final (it’s not done yet, but hopefully he got it wrong).

The other can’t beat Villarreal whose first 11 combined cost less than Fred, has 0 trophies to his name, and no track record of success at the highest level anywhere.

No offence, but did you think this through before comparing Pep to Ole?
Calm down, it's tongue in cheek.

No need to write an essay.

So touchy ...

Deery

Dreary
Fair enough. I think it's him or walker starting for what it's worth. They are the most complete players.

So while I say walker and TAA as back up on the bench, James would be my backup starter if you get me.
Yeah they’re both very good just what you see as a manager I like the composure of James more than the driving runs of Walker..

bsCallout

Maybe it's just Irish Journalists but he is often criticised for this exact thing on the podcasts I listen to. If he loses this they'll be laughing at how he always over-thinks it and shoots himself in the foot in big European games.
Maybe, it always seems ignored but maybe I'm just not seeing it all, I don't go on social media for a start.

Cloud7

We should never have let Kante go to Chelsea. There’s no way Sir Alex would have no signed him for us.

MU655

To be fair they did spend £240mil On first teamers & got Thiago in the summer. I wish we'd done the same.
We still need to sell some players to match their gross spend. In terms of net, we are still higher than them in the past three seasons.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'd say we're more the opposite if anything... Shitting the bed in games we should win.
That would be a good point if we were "shitting the bed" regularly which we don't, we tend to beat the team that we are supposed to beat with exceptions but that's true for all teams. On the other hand we have mainly raised our game against in form teams or big teams, it doesn't mean that we always win but our performances are generally better.

arnie_ni

Yeah they’re both very good just what you see as a manager I like the composure of James more than the driving runs of Walker..
See, maybe that's what I was expecting a bit more of from him, as I said I haven't seen him that much. Maybe he's similar to Shaw more than anyone else