Man City's Line Up

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Can they go with this now they've pretty much sown up Nasri?

Nasri, Dzeko,Aguerro,Silva.

Looks awesome,can it work?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Suppose its a squad game isn't it? They've a massive (no pun intended) season a head of them with Europe. Look at our squad, we had Berbatov, Park, Giggs and Chicharito on the bench last night.

wr8_utd

:'(
It's really not fair that rubbish teams can get such squads overnight.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
--------De Jong---------
----Nasri-------Toure----
Silva-----Dzeko---Aguero

They could go 4-3-3 like this but it might be too attacking for Mancini's liking without the 3rd holding midfielder.

Inigo Montoya

Suppose its a squad game isn't it? They've a massive (no pun intended) season a head of them with Europe. Look at our squad, we had Berbatov, Park, Giggs and Chicharito on the bench last night.
Giggs cost nothing
Park and Chicharito look like bargains, and only Berba is expensive even by today's standards.

In comparison City's bench is quite ridiculous

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Giggs cost nothing
Park and Chicharito look like bargains, and only Berba is expensive even by today's standards.

In comparison City's bench is quite ridiculous
I was emphasising how important it is to have a big strong squad in England when you're also playing in Europe. I wasn't commenting on price.

Inigo Montoya

--------De Jong---------
Silva-----Dzeko---Aguero

They could go 4-3-3 like this but it might be too attacking for Mancini's liking without the 3rd holding midfielder.
That's the line up I was thinking but he likes Barry too much...I can see him accommodating him somehow

EvilChuck

--------De Jong---------
Silva-----Dzeko---Aguero

I was thinking along those lines as well, Yaya can drop in beside De Jong when they dont have the ball to make up a second holding player.

Inigo Montoya

It's really not fair that rubbish teams can get such squads overnight.
When you have their financial backing....they can buy a team overnight..literally.I mean it's arguable that they could cope without Nasri but they can afford himfor the sake of having another class player in their squad

Commadus

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | M | Man City | Club Stats

That's not a squad that's an army

Defenders (11)

Richards Kolarov Kompany Zabaletta Lescott Bridge Boyatta Clichy Toure Onuha Savic

Midfield (9)

Nasri Milner Barry Toure De Jong Silva Johnson Wright Philips Weiss

Striker (7)

Dzeko Aguero tevez Balotelli Santa Cruz Bellamy Adebayor

Highlighted in bold their strongest 11.

Richards Kompany Lescott Clichy
Nasri Toure Silva
Aguerro Dzeko Tevez

Inigo Montoya

He's gonna rotate them.I can't see Mancini play Nasri,Dzeko,Silva and Aguero at the same time
He won't need to against the relegation fodder but it will be interesting to see if he does against the top sides at home

togg

Well...they are indeed a strong looking team now, but do they have the balls to actually go to the wire and not stutter at the final hurdles. I mean they have some really strong individuals, but I'm not sure, with all the egos and demands to play whether they will have that team spirit, drive and ambition that is drilled into united playes from day one...

we shall see. I'm really looking forward to the derby though....

Inigo Montoya

"Cleverley, crosses it into Welbeck, who finds the back of the net".

I'd rather hear this, thank you very much.
Yes I admit there would be much greater satisfaction to see homegrown youngsters.

Morrison, Keane, Tunnicliffe coming through:drool:

Commadus

I think we have a far better defence. In midfield our top 3 currently? Anderson Cleverly Young vs Nasri Toure Silva - have to give that one to City.

Up front Hernandez Nani Rooney vs Dzeko Tevez Aguerro = I would say its a tie.

We win in defence.
They win in midfield
Attack is a draw.

Yep City are even closer than last year.

kps88

You lot are forgetting Tevez. Fully fit and with his head right he's still their best attacker.

Inigo Montoya

I think we have a far better defence. In midfield our top 3 currently? Anderson Cleverly Young vs Nasri Toure Silva - have to give that one to City.

Up front Hernandez Nani Rooney vs Dzeko Tevez Aguerro = I would say its a tie.

We win in defence.
They win in midfield
Attack is a draw.

Yep City are even closer than last year.
It's more than an individual match up though isn't it. I believe we are more of a team....but it has to be proved

Commadus

It's more than an individual match up though isn't it. I believe we are more of a team....but it has to be proved
Aye I know that but the fact is good quality players usually find a way to win.

We have the team spirit and mental strength that City will have to show. Nevertheless it does bode for exciting times. 85 points for the title? Or a tad more?

Ludens the Red

As much as it pains me to say it, they're closing in on that title, possibly this season.
Them signing Nasri and us not adding "that" midfielder could be the difference.
Only thing standing in their way is the manager and a dodgy defence (despite what the goals against column said last season).
They can't find that balance as of yet, conceding 3 against us and 2 against Bolton when they abandoned the '3 central midfielders'.
But the fact is with those attacking players they'll outscore most teams anyway.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It has a bit of elegance to it that really doesn't suit City, annoying to say the least.

Code:
        Hart
Richards Kompany Lescott Kolarov
           De Jong
                    Toure
     Silva               Nasri
         Dzeko        Aguero
Average age is 25. And then you add in the likes of Boyata, Savic (and possibly Coates), Johnson, Balotelli and you've got a decent bit of youth developing along with them.

I'd say that'll be their best lineup, something of a 4222 masquerading as a 433. You wonder if width might be a problem though, especially on the right hand side. You've got Clichy to come in against the pacier wingers, Barry and Milner to come in to provide a bit more solidity, Johnson to give them a bit of pace out wide and Balotelli (and maybe Tevez) to give them a bit more in attack, along with a couple of talented young centre backs...shaping up to be a very strong squad now. Attack has questions around it but looks strong if players develop well, one more excellent centre back (probably one of the young ones) and they're up there with the best probably. Sad.

Kelvin

fecking bastards, their attack almost as good as anyone in the world...still they have a shit backline.

MUFCgal

According to Keown, something I read today. He said he doesn't understand why Tevez would want to leave City, the most exciting football project in world football. He also said that they can take on Barcelona and dominate Europe :lol:

davisjw

I'd have:

Silva-----Tevez------Aguero
-----Nasri-----Yaya--------
----------De Jong--------

Off the bench you still have plenty of talent. They might not work in real life, but will be a top team in FIFA!

pauldyson1uk

City have a very strong team , but there 2 games has yet have not really tested them.
Swansea did for the first 20 mins and City where shit , but then got in to it and City over ran them.
Bolton gave them a better game and should of got a draw out of it.
Nasri could be the player that gives them the edge.
They will be there or there about's at then end of the season , but I don't think they will win this season , but if they gel together , who knows.

Chabon

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | M | Man City | Club Stats

That's not a squad that's an army

Defenders (11)

Richards Kolarov Kompany Zabaletta Lescott Bridge Boyatta Clichy Toure Onuha Savic

Midfield (9)

Nasri Milner Barry Toure De Jong Silva Johnson Wright Philips Weiss

Striker (7)

Dzeko Aguero tevez Balotelli Santa Cruz Bellamy Adebayor

Highlighted in bold their strongest 11.
391 million quid that lot cost. I wouldn't even want to speculate on the wage bill. Financial Fair Play is totally serious though, honest.

Canuckred64

It's a impressive attack lineup. I think it forces United and Chelsea to react and try to bring in Sneijder and Modric to add some creativity in their midfields.

It's ridiculous what money can do to an underachiever. That's now one of the strongest squads in world football.

The only consolation we can take is they can only play 11 at a time, and only a selection can be from their array of attackers. But Dzeko aside, they have the personnel up front to play a very fluid style with interchanging of positions. They won't be hurting for creativity this year, that's for sure.