Man United v Liverpool Post Match

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I’m actually not even that pissed off about the result. Liverpool and all. Very bloody depressed at the way we played the game though. All too familiar from the second half of last season. Soul destroying stuff.
Yeah I was actually sarcastic about the friendly bit. I didn't care about the result but I myself find it a depressing thought of potentially watching this for another year. I really watch football to take my mind off things and enjoy the show but this is dreadful stuff. We have it in us to play decent football which I'm happy with but most of the times it's fair to say that it's shite.

cyberman

But it's just more of the same from last season and I think if we had the full squad we'd still see same incoherent football.
But it's not, that resembled nothing of how we played last year. That wouldn't even get us in the top 10 never mind second.
We may not play as expansive as people want but it doesn't mean we play atrocious football that even resembles how we played tonight.

BlueHaze

He said that he can trust some players but not others. That Bailly played injured but that Martial had a baby but should have been back in time for the match.
Why the feck is Bailly playing injured in a god damn friendly? And honestly as much as I like Bailly, I really do think he is a great player but man I am losing my patience with him, as another poster said, he really is "The Ivorian Phil Jones"...

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
What did he say?
He said:

The game was pointless because the majority of the team won't be in the squad for the season and the ones that will be are tired from an accumulation of matches.

The only thing it was good for was it told him even more about the ones he can rely on and the ones he can't with the ones he can rely on making themselves available (possibly a dig at Shaw and Smalling). Also said Bailly was injured and saw Smalling was going to pull out so Bailly made the decision to play by himself because he didn't want to leave 3 kids dealing with Mane and Salah etc. Now Bailly's ankle is very swollen (was clear Bailly is now in his good books for doing this).

Matic returned to training with an injury from the world cup and has now had surgery.

Martial should be back after the birth of his baby but isn't so seems to be suggesting he's AWOL.

Ivor Ballokov

Well that was fecking shit. Not sure I can take another season of relentless passes back to the keeper for him to hoof it long. Missing a lot of first teamers but we sure managed to recreate all the worst elements of their football from last season. Complete pile of piss, from start to finish.
It's even more infuriating when we keep doing it with Sanchez and Mata as the front two, it's no wonder Mourinho was so eager to keep Fellaini because if that's how we are going to continue then any Lukaku injury is going to completely screw us.

Bobski

They’re all your squad, you absolute weapon.
Mourinho not being accountable for anything is hardly new is it? When it blows up, and it will, he will leave smearing shit on everything Utd related. Horrific individual, hold your nose and wait for it to end.

James Peril

Couldn’t give a damn. Watching Bayern destroying City right now, which also means nothing come day 1 of the season. Yes it sucks to lose to Pool, but it doesn’t say anything about anything.

The United

I’m actually not even that pissed off about the result. Liverpool and all. Very bloody depressed at the way we played the game though. All too familiar from the second half of last season. Soul destroying stuff.
Yeah pretty much. The results should never matter in these games. But the way we played. UGH.

I promise myself not to be too harsh on the team and manager this season at least for the first few months. For me to do that, I kind of have to complete ignore everything about everything from their pre season games to the manager's pressers it seems. Pretty sad.

Paxi

But it's not, that resembled nothing of how we played last year. That wouldn't even get us in the top 10 never mind second.
We may not play as expansive as people want but it doesn't mean we play atrocious football that even resembles how we played tonight.
I thought we played more of the same. I mean I was hoping basically that McKenna might have a bit of input into the way our team attacks but Jose said that he won't basically iicr. It's just still aimless pumps up front even when two midgets are playing against VVD and Klavan. I find it concering. I can only state how I feel. I do hope that it will get better.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
They're all Manchester United players ffs Jose. How is that good motivation for the kids to hear that he doesn't even consider them part of his squad? :lol:

Sigh.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's even more infuriating when we keep doing it with Sanchez and Mata as the front two, it's no wonder Mourinho was so eager to keep Fellaini because if that's how we are going to continue then any Lukaku injury is going to completely screw us.
The really funny/depressing thing is that Lukaku is useless when people hoof it at him from miles away too. Never mind Mata/Sanchez, we’re not even playing to his strengths!

PoTMS

He's such a cnut. How can a young player hear his comments and want to go on and play for him?

Fully Fledged

Why the feck is Bailly playing injured in a god damn friendly? And honestly as much as I like Bailly, I really do think he is a great player but man I am losing my patience with him, as another poster said, he really is "The Ivorian Phil Jones"...
I have no idea why Bailly is playing injured in a friendly it makes no sense. Jose said that his ankle is now twice the size it should be and that's supposed to be a good thing.

SammyUnited_83

I hope I wake up and he has been sacked.

Doesn't deserve our job. Always moaning, crap football, I can't stand his attitude.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He said:

The game was pointless because the majority of the team won't be in the squad for the season and the ones that will be are tired from an accumulation of matches.

The only thing it was good for was it told him even more about the ones he can rely on and the ones he can't with the ones he can rely on making themselves available (possibly a dig at Shaw and Smalling). Also said Bailly was injured and saw Smalling was going to pull out so Bailly made the decision to play by himself because he didn't want to leave 3 kids dealing with Mane and Salah etc. Now Bailly's ankle is very swollen (was clear Bailly is now in his good books for doing this).

Matic returned to training with an injury from the world cup and has now had surgery.

Martial should be back after the birth of his baby but isn't so seems to be suggesting he's AWOL.
:lol: Oh man this season is gonna be fun.

Art Vandelay

How is today any different to any of the stuff we've played in the last two seasons? The only difference is we had largely no big names playing that. When things get tough, we are a hoof ball team, as demonstrated today, whether you like to admit it or not. No hint of plan B.
It's hard to tell really, mate. I'm not denying we resorted to hoofing it, but our midfield except Pereira were so bad it's hard to tell if they were given instructions they couldn't follow or not. Combined with neither Mata nor Sanchez being able to get on the ball long enough to get us up the pitch. Individually our reserves and youngsters just played a bit shit in a formation we don't use much.
So basically the tactics were nonexistent. Why is that not cause for concern?
Because it's a meaningless pre-season friendly, in heat so bad we needed water breaks, without most of our first team squad, using a formation we don't play very much. It wasn't good, but there are degrees between cause for concern and sack the manager. We just finished 2nd, the sky isn't falling.

Paxi

The really funny/depressing thing is that Lukaku is useless when people hoof it at him from miles away too. Never mind Mata/Sanchez, we’re not even playing to his strengths!
That's a good point. Lukaku looks like a much better player for Belgium. Obviously there is arguably more talent there but playing the ball into channels and through balls seems to elavate his game.

LordSpud

So he sends 70% of the squad (including many of the kids aspiring to progress within the team) straight under the bus in one breath. :lol:

The full-scale meltdown is coming this season isnt it?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
How so? Bailey, Darmian, Mata, Sanchez, Herrara still on the pitch.. Its almost like liverpool youngsters are better than those players.
Honestly think they might be. Darmian is one of the worst footballers I have ever seen play for United.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Honestly think they might be. Darmian is one of the worst footballers I have ever seen play for United.
He's already checked out and waiting for his transfer to get wrapped up. Not sure why he's even given the minutes.

MAME DIOUF 32

Glad to see the ride on here is turning. Jose is yesterday's man.

Van Gaal had a plan. It was a horrible and unsuccessful plan butvst least you could see what he was trying to do. I still don't understand what Jose is doing.

Godfather

He said:

Great so Bailly is injured again and Matic needs surgery? Why the hell didn't he have that already when he got injured at the world cup? Brilliant news