Man United v Liverpool Post Match

klayton88

It's important we don't overreact but I think we'll get relegated this season.

luke511

If anything, Lukaku and Pogba havent played yet and Fred is a talented midfielder who could be very important this season. They key players havent touched a ball pre season so i'd uphold any judgement until the team actually lines up with all the players.
I agree, I just think these friendlies are exposing Jose a little bit that's all.. A great manager gets the best out of what's available, this doesn't seem to be a strength of Mourinhos which is a bit telling. I know it's pre season etc, but it defeats the purpose of a friendly if we aren't allowed to evaluate and judge.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I haven't watched a single preseason game and I'd recommend it to most on here going by some of the reactions. We're an awful team to watch when we actually try so we're going to be even worse when we don't try. I'm missing the World Cup already. It's going to be a long season....

PoTMS

If this carries on into the new season, we're fecked. I can't watch another season of that tumescent crap football while winning feck all. There's no end in sight. How do we stop the rot? We can't just keep sacking managers.

Asger

Second half was a reserve match. Some good minutes for Fred.
How so? Bailey, Darmian, Mata, Sanchez, Herrara still on the pitch.. Its almost like liverpool youngsters are better than those players.

Donald Dodd

Thing is,if we assume the missing players to be part of our main starting 11,then we effectively have no quality on our bench.This is just so disappointing on so many levels.Glazers need a reason to sell our club.We are falling ever behind.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
So predictable, the anti-moaners who show up and pretend like everyone's worried about the pre-season result rather than the shite football.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The last time a Mourinho team did not work a preseson match, we all know what happened.

Morpheus 7

Maybe I'm thinking of LVG's first preseason then.
Yeah LVG beat Liverpool and others with goals galore then lost to Swansea. Moyes pre season in Asia was poor, relying on Zaha to equalize against sides I've never heard of.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
You can feck off with that shit.

The result isn't important but the performance is a worry. We look as disjointed and shambolic as ever.
I'm struggling to see how people can miss this point...:houllier:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I really do like Andreas Pereira. I hope the guy sticks around and gets some playing time. He's a tenacious player in the middle of the park. Could be very handy for us this coming season.

Darmien can feck off though tbh. The guy is useless :lol:

haram

Was at work so didn’t see the game, but at least Pereira scored.

Paxi

Well that was fecking shit. Not sure I can take another season of relentless passes back to the keeper for him to hoof it long. Missing a lot of first teamers but we sure managed to recreate all the worst elements of their football from last season. Complete pile of piss, from start to finish.
Yeah but it's only a friendly mate.

Art Vandelay

Even if we had our first XI out there, we'd play exactly the same way. Probably wouldn't have got smashed as badly but its indicative of the season to come. Why do we never attack anymore? You can say it's only pre-season but there's nothing to suggest we will improve in that sense this season compared to the previous two. I'd say we need to buy more players but like I said, we'd play the exact same cowardly brand of football we've seen under Mourinho regardless of whose on the pitch.
We didn't attack because we had two midgets up front that the keeper kept pumping long balls towards, which were inevitably headed back. We couldn't build through the midfield because Herrera was a bit cack and Sanchez was getting fouled all over the place when he touched the ball.

We had a reserve side that's just playing for fitness, it's a meaningless game that wasn't really any indication of our intentions to attack or not. It was hardly a cowardly brand of football.

MooseTheMooche

In isolation you’d be right mate. But this outpouring of outrage is really the result of the football we’ve been subjected to since he got here. I don’t think anyone really cares about the result of a friendly. More that the way we play offers little hope for the future.
But did you expect something completely different this (pre)season? I mean, come on, Mourinho is the manager for the third consecutive season, and our "style" of play is not going to change anytime soon. I've had enough of him after the last season, which in my eyes was shite, and watching United play was like a chore to me, but even I in my pessimistic, grumpy nature can't be half-arsed to rage about the result and the style of a preseason friendly. Maybe I am just becoming indifferent to the whole situation, and am not expecting anything special this season. The only hope that I have is that we don't end up like Chelsea, when they were fighting for their lives in December.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I apologise if I offended anyone with my cancer comment. As someone who’s own father died of the disease, I would hate if it caused anyone distress. Was not my intent at all.
It's not your fault. Jose seems to bring the worst out of everyone.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
We basically played with the same spirit as a Mourinho presser.
This.
There was a 20 minute spell in the 2nd half where the ball didn't make it to their box.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
But did you expect something completely different this (pre)season? I mean, come on, Mourinho is the manager for the third consecutive season, and our "style" of play is not going to change anytime soon. I've had enough of him after the last season, which in my eyes was shite, and watching United play was like a chore to me, but even I in my pessimistic, grumpy nature can't be half-arsed to rage about the result and the style of a preseason friendly. Maybe I am just becoming indifferent to the whole situation, and am not expecting anything special this season. The only hope that I have is that we don't end up like Chelsea, when they were fighting for their lives in December.
No, you’re exactly right. I expected nothing different. I also expect this season to be a train wreck.

Minimalist

Well that was fecking shit. Not sure I can take another season of relentless passes back to the keeper for him to hoof it long. Missing a lot of first teamers but we sure managed to recreate all the worst elements of their football from last season. Complete pile of piss, from start to finish.
That's what people have an issue with. Put Lukaku etc into the team and yeah we might win the game by a goal or something but it'll still be the same pragmatic stuff.

Just not enjoyable at all.

Paxi

But we have a disjointed pre season squad.
Is this a surprise to anyone?
But it's just more of the same from last season and I think if we had the full squad we'd still see same incoherent football.

The_Order

Even taking the meaningless nature of the game -

Listening to that Mourinho presser, can his cheerleaders possibly stand by this utterly negative and derisive individual?

Seriously, he's making me hate football

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Being part of Team Mourinho since day one but this can’t continue. Zero intention to keep possession and our game plan is totally dysfunctional.

Biggest club in the world and we can’t keep the ball longer then four seconds. It’s depressing!!

It the moment I have no clue how we should move forward. The board must act and use their power.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
I agree, I just think these friendlies are exposing Jose a little bit that's all.. A great manager gets the best out of what's available, this doesn't seem to be a strength of Mourinhos which is a bit telling. I know it's pre season etc, but it defeats the purpose of a friendly if we aren't allowed to evaluate and judge.
I hear you. As i replied to another poster- this game hasnt really provided new insights. This team gives away chances to easily- if anything- if there was any desire to strenghten the defense this game would hasten that desire.

PoTMS

We didn't attack because we had two midgets up front that the keeper kept pumping long balls towards, which were inevitably headed back. We couldn't build through the midfield because Herrera was a bit cack and Sanchez was getting fouled all over the place when he touched the ball.

We had a reserve side that's just playing for fitness, it's a meaningless game that wasn't really any indication of our intentions to attack or not. It was hardly a cowardly brand of football.
How is today any different to any of the stuff we've played in the last two seasons? The only difference is we had largely no big names playing that. When things get tough, we are a hoof ball team, as demonstrated today, whether you like to admit it or not. No hint of plan B.

Minimalist

Listening to that Mourinho presser, can his cheerleaders possibly stand by this utterly negative and derisive individual?

He literally got on like a lunatic in the pre-Brighton (cup) presser after getting knocked out by Sevilla and his backers lapped it up (really stuck it to the press). They'll not be bothered.

BlueHaze

What did he say? More complaining and negativity or what?

Andersons Dietician

So predictable, the anti-moaners who show up and pretend like everyone's worried about the pre-season result rather than the shite football.
This, it’s like they don’t realise they are the ones that turn threads in to absolute sess pits with their constant moaning and need to comment on every single negative post. Added a few more to the ignore list tonight, saw some threatening to leave, please please be true.

It’s fair that we have a lot of people in the team that won’t feature, won’t even be part of the squad come season time but you’d expect these people who have been training for 3 weeks or so together now to have a pattern of play together. We just seemed to be hoping to hit a long pass in to Sanchez. It doesn’t bode well for the season, but we’ve seen us have great results before and be rubbish so no reason can’t go the other way.

AndyJ1985

So basically the tactics were nonexistent. Why is that not cause for concern?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Didn't see the game. Did we park the bus? Parking the bus in a friendly would be the most Mourinho thing of all time haha